1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Running bet, when will the Thunder "figure it out"?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Nov 20, 2017.

?

When will the Thunder "figure it out"?

1. December 2017

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. January 2018

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. February 2018

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. March 2018

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. April 2018

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. May 2018

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. June 2018

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. July 2018

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  9. Maybe not for another couple of years

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  10. Never, like never ever. Like Melo demands another trade and PG13 becomes a Laker.

37 vote(s)
    50.7%
  1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

maybe westbrick is just a statpadder

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i agree, Presti wont wait for PG to leave, does melo still have to approve trades?

da_juice likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, Melo's trade clause remains with the contract.

5. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Melo is making the Thunder lose so that he can get traded to the Rockets in February. ;) #BananaBoatPartyConspiracy

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Against GSW?

SIL

7. omgTHEpotential

Oladipo 22.9 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.8 apg, 1.7 spg, 0.9 bpg
    45.8% FG, 44.7% 3PT, 80.6% FT

Westbrook 20.1 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 9.7 apg, 1.9 spg, 0.1 bpg
    39.4% FG, 32.5% 3PT, 71.0% FT

Pacers 10-8
    Thunder 7-9

Even if the OKC won their next 3 games, they would still have a worse record than Indiana has right now.

"No help." :eek:

dlite316 and RocketsTruth like this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

I haven't watched many OKC games. But from I've seen, they just take turns getting shots up. No cohesiveness, no team ball, just ISO ball. This makes me appreciate MDA and his ability to create a free flowing offense where everybody touches the ball

BigShasta likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

beyond help is a more suitable phrase here

10. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Just watched the highlights on ESPN. 2 minutes 19 seconds. Had I not known the result, I would have thought OKC won by 50. First Pelicans highlight came in at 1:57. Here's a recap of the recap:

Thunder Thunder Thunder Thunder Thunder Cousins ejected Thunder Thunder Pelicans Thunder Pelicans win ESPN flags at half-mast.

mrm32 likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I hope never, but i still refuse to consider them done, they have talent, that alone is not always enough but yeah, we'll see, we're still kinda early in the season and the West is also not looking as strong as we thought so, they might be able to reach the playoffs by just floating around 50%.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

around 55 games but I dun think they will be a top team because they need more than a year if at all.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

just funny to see all of a sudden the so called terrible organization in NY is just a better basketball team the minute melo leaves.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

because of their huge salaries, i can't figure out who would be able to trade for either of them. I mean without sending back expensive/long contracts that presti won't agree to anyways. the fakers would just wait till july on PG. and i doubt takes back ryno for melo. portland? :D

15. touring_low

touring_low Member

The highlights on the official NBA page was also all about OKC, no single Pelicans highlights even tho they won. It was mind boggling, like their caption was totally different from the video being shown. Also made me think I was watching ESPN lol.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What if OKC's problem isn't their late game offense? If OKC's calling card is "defense," then what do we say about this?

17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Let's say the Thunder don't figure it out and stay the same as their current .438 winning percentage by the All-Star break with an 18-23 record.

Will Sam Presti trade PG and/or Melo now that Westbrook is locked up in a contract extension and can't go anywhere for 5 years?

I think Presti made both these trades to appease Westbrook into signing an extension in order to save face and not lose two MVPs in their prime to free agency.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Because JH and cp3 are real superstars.

Russ pg13 and melo are stars by name only.

Melo hasn't been a real allstar level player in 4 seasons pg13 was never a star he's a fantastic 2/3 option and russ is just polarizing for a variety of reasons on and off the court but he is not a true franchise player.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Presti, to his credit has made a lot of value moves. If the Melo experiment fails I doubt we see him dealt because that would go down as a double blunder. Chances are, they hold onto Melo and see what they can get. As for PG, I would be almost shocked if he OKC didn't at least try to deal him. He doesn't fit, he's a rental, and he wants to go to Lakerland. The issue is, what team buys that asset? OKC doesn't want to turn a bad deal and take on cap hits unless picks are involved. Would a deal of Ryno and a 1st rounder net the Rockets a rental of PG13? (I'm using us as an example, but I'm sure you could think of better teams and better deals) My guess is no, OKC wants more, and the Rockets want to give up less. Who knows, maybe the #2 team in the west finally figures their stuff out, but as it stands if this team doesn't make the playoffs, or even limps into it, this will be seen as a catastrophic meltdown.

Man, how much would the Thunder give right now to have the PG13 trade vetoed? Getting back Oladipo and Saboners? That depth is looking much more attractive now.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't know if I want them to implode or not. That'll likely hinge on Billy getting the axe.

Feb and the trading deadline will be Presti's milestone. For the players, it'll probably be around Xmas if they decide they want to play with each other.

I'd be more into the schadenfreude if there was some team in the East that knows how to handle a firesale...