1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things getting strange in Alabama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 22, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Heh heh. He said wood.

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I believe the accusations but I wish these ladies wouldn’t hook up with Gloria Allred for these press conferences.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Allred, or someone in her office, approaches victims like this...

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't commented on this before because I didn't know much about it and wasn't terribly interested in it, but I'll just say this about it. I personally believe the allegations and I think if it was 100 years ago or if this happened in another country like Italy, France, or Mexico that would be one thing, but given that it happened more recently and in this country he needs to just disappear.

When my great grandfather was 29, he married a 14 year old....but that was 1911....and they were Italian so those types of marriages were common and completely accepted. I'll excuse that kind of thing in those situations in that I don't necessarily believe there is anything inherently wrong with it.That said Roy Moore doesn't have that type of justification, and I'm pretty sure given that he was from a culture where it was very illegal and had been for a long time even at that point, even he thought what he was doing was wrong when he was doing it.

Hakeemtheking and da_juice like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe it's bias, but didn't Christie get about the same Amt of airtime as Menendez for their separate corruption investigations? Its a load of crap neither will get jail time.

For the frothing radio listening right who wanted the fairness doctrine scrapped, they really want their bottled milk when it comes to for privately held news coverage.

Or perhaps this kicking and screaming is an ongoing rationalization to avoid sourced facts and read more honeyed realnoose to their liking.

mdrowe00 and CometsWin like this.
  6. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Good for McConnell and other republicans to tell this guy to go away. I hope Trump will follow their lead.

Can someone fill me in...if he steps down does that concede the race to the Democrat...or 3rd party/write in I suppose... since he has been nominated already? Like there will just not be a republican option?

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I believe they allow write-in candidates and in Alabama which is heavily republican I suspect that a republican write-in would be at no disadvantage since most voters will simply look for the R before voting. I have a hunch Trump's candidate or even Sessions will take Moore's place and win easily.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think he will withdraw. Looking at this guy's history he truly has no Fs left to give.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You could say that about the whole Republican Party right now. No shame whatsoever, none.

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

re: Menendez, I think he has about as good a shot as Moore at serving in the 116th Congress. Even with an acquittal, I'd be shocked if he didn't face an ethics committee investigation at this point. Definitely no guarantee that he runs again in 2018, and even if he does, he could face a very tough primary challenge from somebody like Donald Norcross.

Anyway, maybe I'm being naively optimistic, but I actually have more faith in Alabama voters than the pundits I've been listening to; at this point, I'm not convinced that Moore should still be considered a solid favorite. I'll be interested to check the polls again in a week or two.

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

In all honesty, I have always felt that once you get past a certain number of years in the gap between two people, it is creepy and just altogether wrong to marry someone. Yes, it's legal for a 70 year-old guy to marry a 21 year-old gal- but it just always struck me as wrong. I don't know, I'm a prude, I guess.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Getting closer to it, give it time to breathe.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

There's nothing inherently wrong with a 29-year-old marrying a 14-year-old only because it happened 100 years ago?

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rocket River

mdrowe00 likes this.
  16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

any odds on Democrats winning this special election?
    Awesome.

17. adoo

adoo Member

why is princes Ivanka, Trump's designated advocate for women, silent on this ?

18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Because those women are not princesses.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Now that Trump is back to the States, he should start dominating the news cycle again. Trump will not like that Moore is getting more air time than him. Trump will do whatever it takes to get his air time back. p*****s may need to be grabbed.

Good news for Judge Moore.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's not debate.