1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predictions for the Next Key Rocket's Addition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samerth.is.so.b.f.g., Nov 11, 2017.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We already have Zhou Qi, dude!!!!

*rimshot*

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  2. kissofdeath

kissofdeath Member

I would love to bring Covington back.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t see the need for Faried. He can’t play the 4 because he doesn’t spread the floor and Mike won’t play him next to another big like Clint or Nene. The only role he’d have here is as a backup 5, but Nene is already holding down that role. His defense at the 5 is also highly suspect.

Morey will have to do something in big in free agency next summer. He needs to get Lebron or Paul George next summer. They’re long shots, but that’s what it will take to elevate us to a new level. Role players will come, we need that star on the wing.

Is this possible?

CP3
    Harden/Gordon
    PG13
    Moute
    Clint

CP3’s caphold is renounced, Ariza isn’t brought back, Ryno and Tucker are moved, and others are let go to create space for PG...then Moute is brought back

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

moute is likely getting paid next offseason

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lebron
    Cousins
    George

Those are the next significant targets.

Vivi likes this.
  6. mockster

mockster Member

I wonder what the chances are of us trading for Melo if thunder have an underwhelming season and get out of playoff talks

Melo isn’t really fitting on the thunder squad to well. Westbrook and Goerge are just to dominate plus they are missing the role players they need

At least cp3 and harden [Harden less of] can defer a lot more then Russ and Goerge can.

Because Russ isn’t a true passing guard he’s more of a last second dump it to the big man assist guy

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

if he gets too expensive then oh well, I’m not too concerned about acquiring role players

Tucker came here for less, and Moute came here on a vet min...role players will take less to join a contender or up their value for 1 year by playing in Mike’s system and with Harden/CP3

8. fattz

fattz Member

Pat Patterson?? He is rotting on the Thunder’s bench b/c of the Melo factor.

9. macan

macan Member

we have the final spot left, let's sign monta ellis or deron williams for vet min. and we good for this season

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I didn't assume. You wrote, I read. Assuming would be if I added other elements into the presumed trade myself.

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Has Joe Chee even made a three yet?

12. Rockets4Life13

I think George would be the best fit on our team. Very good 3pt shooter when open, also can create his own shot. Has a nice shooting form and can defend.

I don't rank him top 10, but top 15 for sure. That would make 3 top 15 players which is pretty damn good.

I don't know how - but if we get him, that would be super nice.

Batman Jones and Cashmoney like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You interject much towards yourself

I never said you said something about Cousins or Paul George. It was directed to the masses who are pushing
    for Cousins or Paul George or Melo. Masses of people read this forum besides you and I.

And for you to say the Nets would nix any trade is presumptuous of you. You haven’t heard the offer.
    Maybe a 3rd or 4th team got involved. These are the Nets who are collecting draft picks and want any young
    players they can get their hands on. KJ McDaniels, D’Angelo Russell, Crabbe, DeMarre Carroll, Mozgov.
    They are using these assists to flip for more young players and more draft picks. Zhou Qi and Troy
    Williams might appeal to them.

Because you wouldn’t trade DeMarre Carroll/Booker for Ryan Anderson/Zhou Qi/1st rd draft pick/2 nd rd draft picks;
    Doesn’t mean they won’t. Are you a representative of the Nets front office?

Again DeMarre Carroll was obtained
    from Toronto in exchange for Justin Hamilton & a TPE. Nobody is knocking down the Nets door for DeMarre
    Carroll and offering a Kings ransom. Get over it.

Edited: Nets may want to pair Jeremy Lin and Zhou Qi together. Profit margin might be the bigger picture
    enticement in this situation. Money from China could be huge.

#53 ApacheWarrior, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

If you reply directly to me without context or post without context, how else would you expect to be taken? :rolleyes: If you don't want people to mistaken what you are really trying to say, learn to just come out and say it. First you post a trade that ONLY mentions Anderson, Booker, and Carroll. When I asked why the Nets would do this, you come back inexplicably mentioning how it is more likely than George or Cousins. When I replied that all three was unlikely, but your idea was a terrible trade, all of a sudden you start adding other players as assets. When I pointed out that I was just responding to what you actually posted, you are now getting all huffy and puffy.

Here is a hint, if you are talking about the masses, say so not respond to someone like it was a post they had made. If you mean to say more, actually say it and not just hope other people can guess it.

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

No thanks

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I will post and interpret the way I wish. You do the same. I didn’t put details of a trade originally because I didn’t want this to be an additional trade thread.

You make your predictions and I will make mine.....as per thread title. I don’t have to explain any turn
    by turn trade move to you or anyone. Nor do you. Good day

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Anderson shoots like Anderson and is playing much better defense than ever before. He's not taller, but he's pretty tall already, and he's much leaner. He lost a lot of weight in the offseason, as reported on tonight's broadcast, and it's made him a much more athletic player.

Not that we can't do better at forwards. We can and I'm sure Morey's working every angle as usual.

I'd love to have an all-star forward to add to the team but I don't get the desire for an all-star center. We have Capela, Nene, and Black. Capela's outgrowing some of the more prominent centers before our eyes this season and there's no stronger backup center tandem than Nene and Black. And we give Anderson minutes at center too. Why would we throw max dollars at a center?

Would also be nice to have a better emergency backup PG than Bobby Brown. He obviously isn't getting it done or he'd be getting real minutes lately.