1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Unofficial 2017 World Series] Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Damn the Vegas odds shifted in favor of the Dodgers. Astros were pretty much unanimously favored yesterday. AGAINST ALL ODDS!!! FINISH THE FIGHT!!!

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's great. I'm going to share it on Facebook to my friends not from Texas to understand why the Astros winning is so important.

4. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

The Rockets actually went to the Finals in '81 and '86 and lost.

5. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

'81 and '86 we never got to a clinching game for us to win it all.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bring that WS trophy home. In Verlander we trust! Stros!!!

Houstunna and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But they lost in 6 in both trips to the Finals. And they were swept in the 2005 World Series. This is only the 3rd opportunity the city has ever had to clinch a major sports title.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I put a little bet on them in Vegas back in April when the odds were 10 to 1. Too bad it wasn't a big wager, but I'm not really a gambler. I just figured the ten dollars would last longer than it would in a slot machine. It was more of a vouch of confidence in our boys than anything I guess. Go Astros!!!!! Wow, I remember back in the day when we would go as kids on dollar night in the outfield seats. Cheap peanuts and popcorn and looking down to outfielders Jimmy Wynn, Cesar Cedeno, and Jesus Alou. Those were the good old days. We might finally go all the way!!! How sweet it will be.

I put little a little bet on the Rockets too, but they blew it in the playoffs. I also put one on the Texans, but now I don't even watch them. It makes me so mad the NFL players had to rain on my parade by protesting during the anthem. I was so excited about the NFL season finally starting, but can't support it now. Honestly, I hope a lot of people boycott the teams Veteran's day weekend.

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Who is this clown?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  10. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

This is the first day in over 20,000 days that the Houston Astros will play for a chance of winning a World Series

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Ticket brokers who hold game 7 tickets were hedging their bets and hitting the Astros to win in 6 after game 5. From what I read, if there is no game 7, ticket brokers would be out $20,000,000 or so.

In the same vein, Mattress Mac bet hard on the Astros recently to hedge his potential $3,000,000 loss if the Astros win.

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Some dallas fan that is saying the most ridiculous things about the astros then claiming he is “anti jinx” or something else stupid.

He is definitely a dallas fan that is just trying to be annoying and keep people guessing.

Said dodgers “shoulda injured that midget ***” when altuve got slid into on 2nd base sunday.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We are winning tonight

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yeah we are winning tonight. He can go **** himself.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

MM comes out on top no matter if the astros win or lose. he benefits no matter what the outcomes are in the end or immediately

16. SemisolidSnake

An annoying troll that people keep feeding leading to the heavy pollution of this thread. I'd suggest clicking on his name (and also maybe his enablers) and then clicking "Ignore," which I just did. Apparently, then you won't even see the posts from the ignored people.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Astros' five HRs last game ties the WS record....

1989 - Athletics
    1928 - Yankees

mrm32 likes this.
  18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

On Earth, this is the first day in 5.022 trillion days that the Astros will play for a chance to win the World Series.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Thinking about attending the watch party at Minute Maid. Can anyone tell me if it's a good experience? Is the screen big enough? Should I just go to a sports bar?

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wherever you are make sure you are near an Academy.