1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone stupid enough to think that McNair has something to apologize for isn't really someone I want on the team anyway. I mean, I don't think you're appreciating just how stupid a person has to be to take an idiom literally. We're not talking just every day type of stupidity here, we're talking flat earth, dinosaurs aren't real type stupidity.

If they are just amazing at football you excuse that kind of idiocy usually, but you'd obviously prefer better if available, especially when they are so wrapped up in their stupidity that they put it before the team.

texanskan likes this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

There’s always a positive in something. You just have to allow it to be positive. This organization can grow from this. This team can become better from this.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only positive that I could see coming from this is that it will finally get them to dump the cancer that is Duane Brown on someone else and potentially get something back for him. Hopefully when he's gone, the remaining players will attempt to be professionals. That's about the only way this ends up being a positive.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is deeper than an idiom. That's why it wasn't smart for Bob to use it given his confidential track record with his players and the situation at hand going on the nfl right now. He wasn't as thoughtful as he needed to be which leads guy to believe he doesn't care or he does care but not for the nfl athletes as a whole and the players in the meeting representing that.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Wow! 34 pages of this stuff! I'm getting a hearty laugh out of this as it's the NFL would, in the end, brought this down on themselves.If Bob and Jerral had kept their damn mouths shut, we wouldn't be having this "political" discussion at all. I can see why they were DT supporters - they are as dimwitted as is he..

Which family is he referring to? The one with his ex-wife or the one with his baby momma?

#885 HillBoy, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    ipaman likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's really not. What you are talking about is the spin by those who want to twist those words into some kind of scandal to advance their own agenda.....and you are playing right into their hands. While we know that only a complete idiot would take an idiom literally, there sure are a lot of people that are willing to do so now that they've been told to do so.

7. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This whole thing is ridiculous, bottom line Bob should never of said, an extremely poor choice, but let’s be real....

If I am Bob and the team does a protest before the game, I change the flight back to Houston from a charter plane with great food, to a Southwest flight with connections and no peanuts... let these spoiled millionaires enjoy that....

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

What if they decide to pay for their own flight back? Probably only about $600

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Then you could say good bye to your free agents any other free agents from around the league. An excellent tactic to ruin your franchise from the mediocre heap of fluffy garbage that it's always been.

Fulgore likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I suppose I should add "believing in healing crystals" to the list too.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

There are other more safer platforms to use that idiom though. No employee (unless all of them have bad criminal records and past questional behavior patterns) want to be associated with being a inmate in no form or fashion bottom line.

Bob just let his mouth get him in a pickle. Lol

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL by "more safer(sic) platforms" you mean platforms where there aren't people actively trying to spin your words to work up the ignorant masses and further personal agendas?

If McNair was speaking only to intelligent and honest people, we wouldn't have even heard about this, because nothing he said was in any way wrong. Unfortunately there were people there who weren't intelligent and honest and they managed to work up others who are not intelligent and honest and that's why we've got this mountain out of a mole hill.

13. solodolo

solodolo Member

Bobbythewoat is here you

This thread run its course if not bobbythewoat is here to write his paragraphs to kill it .. thank you

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm saying for Bob's image he should have said it around like minded thinkers that would keep it within his own circle. It's wrong to say around others who it may affect differently. Just because a person is different doesn't make them unintelligent. Simply their are people with different backgrounds then others and "different" doesn't always mean bad or stupid.

Bob should have took into consideration what the impact of that expression with that idiom on that platform in front of that audience would cause. He didn't and he can't take it back.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You keep acting like what he said was something wrong instead of something completely innocent that was just spun that way by either cynical assholes or feeble minded idiots and that's honestly just you being part of the problem.

When you say something innocent and inoffensive, it shouldn't matter who you say it in front of and honestly the only thing you can do to prevent spinsters from twisting your words is to never say anything at all.

Honestly, quit trying to give credibility to the false narrative.

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

McNair:
    "That's the pot calling the kettle black."

Players:
    Duriing the meeting, McNair belittled us for our African heritage. He made it clear that he thought calling someone "black" was an insult.

--------

McNair:
    "This plan will cost an arm and a leg."

Players:
    Durring the meeting, McNair threatened to dismember us if we stuck with the plan. Threat of violence are unacceptable.

------

McNair:
    "Let me play Devil's Advocate for a second."

Players:
    McNair pledged his eternal soul to the service of Satan. I can not as a Christian work for a Satanist.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rich.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think both payers and owners are being a little silly.

First off the players can't play dumb and tbh I think most do understand that this is business and the product is losing money that's the bottem line.

Why wouldn't the owners be worried? I mean that's simple business. I own a few businesses and when we lose money I look at any and everything including my employees as well as myself.

This is also the very reason why I don't mind that players hold out for more money. Get the most you can while you can.

But the owners also can't play dumb either. personally and I might get crucified for this but I think the kneeling has more to do with these players feeling like they should be getting more money and guaranteed contracts.

The NFL makes a lot of money and the players to get paid but it's small for the most of them outside of like 10 Players on the team.

When people are making money everyone is happy and right now players feel underpaid and owners see the profit going backward.

Equals nobody is happy.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even when the players are an absolute embarrassment such as right now, people are usually a fan of the franchise, not the players.