1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. hvic

hvic Member

McKinnon

theimpossibles1 and rhino17 like this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Biggest surprise for me this year has been the Titans.
    • I thought they'd have an elite running game with 2 viable fantasy RB options.
    • I thought they were pretty deep at WR, and that 1 of the young ones would standout.
    • I thought the depth at WR + scrambling would equate to Mariota being a 6-8QB.
    • I thought their defense would be a decent fantasy option.
    INSTEAD, Succop is the guy to own. Lulz.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Would you guys drop any of the following for Ted Ginn Jr.?

Mohamed Sanu
    Ameer Abdullah
    Devin Funchess
    Dion Lewis

Everyone else I consider undroppable. I'm rolling with Hunter Henry this week with Delanie Walker on a bye. Out of the 4 I mentioned only Sanu is in my starting lineup.

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Rob Kelley vs Dallas or Theo Riddick vs Steelers? (I might be forced to play one of them if Michael Thomas can't go)

5. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Riddick would be the safer pick. Kelley has more upside though.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

From near top to bottom in red zone efficiency. There is no rhyme or reason either. Delanie Walker has dropped about 4 TD catches this year. Yay variance.

Things so far that really haven't surprised me:

Carson Wentz becoming fantasy relevant. (Obviously didn't think he would be THIS, but I thought he was going to be in the mix as a low-end QB1)
    Matt Ryan sucking.
    Browns having no running game or measurable offensive abilities.
    Joe Mixon doing a whole bunch of nothing.
    Christian McCaffrey being overhyped.
    Gurley regaining RB1 relevance (Again, didn't think he'd blow up at this level).
    Seattle failing to run the ball for 3 quarters until finally letting Wilson loose.
    Marshawn Lynch providing more storylines than TDs.
    NE RB situation being a complete circus.
    The Colts laughable management bungling the whole Andrew Luck situation and deceiving the fans.

Things that have surprised me:

Alex Smith becoming a Top 5 fantasy QB.
    Leonard Fournette + Jacksonville D destroying. The only scenario in which Jacksonville could find themselves winning 10 games.
    Nelson Agholor crushing Alshon Jeffrey.
    Buffalo somehow relevant without having a single WR worth dick.
    DeShaun Watson's deep ball accuracy.
    The overall inability of "exotic smash-mouth" football. Tennessee, Dallas, Oakland O-lines are all underwhelming.
    Washington basically admitting they ****ed up by signing Terrelle Pryor to play the same position as Josh Doctson.
    Josh McCown's ability to make some Jets relevant. Example: Austin Seferian-Jenkins being a Top 5 TE.
    Tampa Bay's Big XII matador secondary allowing anyone they face to smash them.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Jameis vs CAR

Or

Cousins vs DAL

And

Ertz vs SF

Or

Hunter Henry vs NE

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Cousins and Ertz. I am starting Cousins this week over Watson. Cousins has logged QB3 > QB14 > QB10 results in his last three meetings with DAL and DAL is the 20th team against the pass and has surrendered the 10th most TD passes. Should be a high scoring game.

SF is pretty good against TEs (though horrible everywhere else) but Ertz is matchup-less and Wentz and PHI is the hottest QB and team in football.

Obito likes this.
  9. hvic

hvic Member

Im glad I picked up Baltimore defense this week

NewRoxFan likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Crazy trade thought... my Tevin Coleman for Jay Ajayi?

11. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I wouldn't even consider it if I was the one with Ajayi.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  12. theimpossibles1

@moestavern19 and all...

My usual go to source puts Ted Ginn Jr. just a few spots ahead of Tevin Coleman as a flex. Normally I use this source as a strict guideline but since I already have Michael Thomas do you think it would be unwise to start 2 WR from the same team? I'm leaning Coleman for that reason but just wanted to know what yall think.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

When looking at Brees numbers so far it would be foolish to think that both WRs will have good games.

I think wet weather is going to make things murky in some of these East Coast games. Vegas totals are falling as much as 2 points. Jets-Falcons, Was-Dal, Phi-SF all going to be wet.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Well, that was embarrassing. I am sorry if you followed me into Kirk Cousins misery. Since noons makes trades in my league I will have waste the roster spot or drop Cousins and face him down the road.

15. hvic

hvic Member

who did you ended up playing?

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

McKinnon.......but I stupidly left Will Fuller on the bench and lost.

17. NewRoxFan

Holy cow... Brown to SEA improves SEA passing and even running offense. Garopollo becomes a starter at SF, and helps SF offensive players. And now Ajayi gets a rebirth in PHI (Blount and Smallwood owners... sorry!).

peleincubus likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wonder how my team for the rest of the season will play out now with Wentz, Errz, and Ajayi.

I’m in my rightful first place (which I have never been before, although I won the league a few years ago, going into the playoffs in the 4th spot)

I wonder if Ajayi turns into the lead back in a few weeks. It can NOT get any worse though watching him get tackled repeatedly as soon as he gets the ball in the backfield.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Philly has to run the ball in cold weather and especially with Jason Peters hurt. I don't think they are necessarily dissatisfied with Blount as the starter, but he is much better as a lead-protecting grinder and goal-line back. Ajayi will probably be the change of pace now and either Smallwood or Clement will be in on third downs.

Didn't think my fantasy season could get much worse after drafting Pryor and M Bryant. Now Benjamin traded to Buffalo. Oy.

20. NewRoxFan

That last trade (3 minutes from deadline) may initially hurt me. I planned to start Kelvin Benjamin (my other WRs are Jeffery vs DEN, Doctson at SEA, Corey Davis at BAL, and Allen on bye). I don't believe Benjamin is playing Thursday night at NYJ. Yikes!

If true, I need to drop Doctson to get a startable WR. On waivers: Sterling Shepard vs LAR, JuJu Smith-Schuster on BYE , Paul Richardson vs WAS, Tyler Lockett vs WAS, Devante Parker vs OAK, Davante Adams vs DET, and Robby Anderson vs BUF. Of this list, who would be best and a few next best so I can hope to grab one once all the points followers grab theirs off claims. Thanks!!!