1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/23/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Idk lol...I looked it up and found this

[​IMG]

what got ethered

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. Zergling

Zergling Member

Suddenly, this team has some issues on offense. We don't have a single reliable scorer off the bench. Obviously we're missing a massive piece with Chris Paul on the bench, but Morey probably needs to add another scorer or at least a shooter. We can't expect Tucker and LMAM to suddenly become elite spot-up shooters.

On the other hand, we should be able to expect more from Ariza. 2 points on 0-5 from your starting SF is just not good enough. Anderson's primary value is from the offensive side, and he's only attempting 7 shots total? He should be shooting 10 threes a game!

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It's on the coach to recognize the situation, tell Harden to give up the ball to Gordon who had the hot hand.

ak99999 likes this.
  4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

it's nintendo's version of Call of Duty. Kids-friendly

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bingo. when you have only 2 guys available who are able to make anything other than a completely wide open shot, you are going to have problems on offense. this loss (and the many to come while CP3 is out for weeks) is on morey.

Cashmoney, ak99999 and BigShasta like this.
  6. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Yeah and people turn into squids and squirt you with ink and ****. Go Rockets.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. TheresTheDagger

A long time ago, I decided that I couldn't give up watching NBA basketball because of poor officiating. It only happens a couple of times a year and generally the officiating is balanced and competent. But games like tonight REALLY, REALLY, REALLY test me.

Having said that, that was a team loss. Harden disappearing like he has a habit of doing about a half dozen games a year. D'antoni forgetting that he has a thing called a "time out" to use to reset his team. So much standing around the 3 point line in the 4th qtr. Ugh.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets don't suddenly have problems on offense. Do the Warriors have problems on offense because Memphis kept them in check offensively?

The Rockets shot 25% from 3 and it was on open 3's. That won't happen over the course of the year. The Rockets will shoot better. Right now reliable 3 point shooters are struggling and Paul is out. It just comes with the territory

Deuce and DonKnock like this.
  9. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Whyyyyyyyyyy :(

Mazulis likes this.
  10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the technical foul on nene, i could be wrong but i think bill got it wrong and it was just a foul before the inbounds because the shotclock reset (wouldn't happen on a technical) and memphis got a free throw and the ball.

Reeko likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

thanks for the info, I didn’t notice that the shot clock had reset

I saw nothing that warranted a technical which is why that moment had me so heated

12. fiersdownbelow

This looked like a Bickerstaff-coached Rockets team tonight. Just wretched "playmaking" down the stretch. (Funny enough JB was there tonight on the Grizzlies bench.)

ak99999 likes this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well I'm just wondering what they are allowed to review?

They were supposed to review the altercation but ended up calling a foul on the play right before. How far back can they go?

14. Rocket85

Rocket85 Member

I can't believe we lost this game, we were up 10. SMH! Where is the urgency or killer instinct Jesus Christ and also its called timeouts D. Toni....

ak99999 likes this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Final 2 minutes if it is within 3 points

AKA: They'll ignore a majority of the bad calls because the league does not care about improving officiating.

Deuce likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Go ASTROS !

DD

17. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Sadly it proves, how poor officiating can get under Hardens skin. Ref sucked big time and it helped Harden disappear.Ego was great tonight, but still we lost.

18. j@amc

j@amc Member

We have to come up with a counter after the Harden/Capela PnR. Once the timing of an alley oop is off, our current plan is the ball is scrambling around the perimeter. This involves some pattern of Ariza, to Tucker, to Gordon--and every guy has someone standing on him. It's too predictable and teams that are organized are not giving up the 3.

To me, the obvious play is for Capela to call for the ball and post up. He's rolled to the basket, the ball is now on the opposite side--Capela, be confident go the the block and call for the ball.

When they dump it into Capela, he'll likely have a guard on him. . . Finish at the rim. We've have got to punish all this perimeter scrambling on defense with strong interior play. Even Harden could call for the ball on the block. And that little move of going inside out instead of hoping a 3 point shooter is open would make all the difference to our 4th quarter offense.

What do you think? Capela or Harden on the opposite block after the PnR drive?

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

So that would be a yea, you turned it on in the 4th Q

:rolleyes:

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Game showed why we needed Chris Paul at least.

Would rather Gordon focus on scoring rather than having to carry a Harden-esque role when Harden was sitting.