1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

air hockey table

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketfan83, Nov 26, 2003.

1. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I really want to get one for next year when I'll have a bigger crib. Ill finally be out of my bathroom size dorm-room and have a sweet apartment. To me air hockey is more fun than any video game or any other arcade game

If you guys have one how is it working? How much was it? and what brand is it?Where did you buy it?

Ive been looking around on the net (only place I could think of that sells them) ...It looks like you have to spend around 600 or so to get a decent table. My limit would be about 1000. any suggestions?

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

600 bucks? Go to Academy and get one for $200. You can probably get a ping pong table top for it, also...

Heck, for a grand, you can probably get a pool table/ping pong/air hockey combo. Three games in one!

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I had like a 300 dollar one. It was fun until the pucks got all dirty and wouldn't hoover over the table anymore. Now it's a roof for out cat out on the patio.

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I tried to get a girl to hoover on the table once....she didn't :(

(I assume you meant hover?

5. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Maybe Hoover is in reference to a vacuum cleaner?

Your neighbors may get you kicked out of the complex. Air hockey is incredibly loud. And the pucks that go off table easily slice through windows.

6. rudager

rudager Member

I have a Harvard seven footer, with big, sturdy legs. Haven't used it since college, but it's definitely high quality and would withstand many years of rec room abuse. I think it cost around $500 at Sears.

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Go for a Pool Table...
    Air hockey Tables get boring FAST.
    OR
    there are others like Foosball/pingpong....

8. CourtCourt

CourtCourt Member

go to Sam's. They have a bulky nice one. Comes with a classy score board for just over $300 I think. wish I could afford it and had room for it in my studio apt.

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's been 2 years. I got the Academy one for $150 or $200, I can't remember. I was seriously considering the ones you found online, but I figured I'd give it a try.

It was great at first. The pucks do fly off the table though....they're pretty deadly.

Played it all the time for the first half year. Then got an X-box.

I still play it occaisionally. Poker chips are fun to play with as pucks. We've gone through 4 pucks, because they do get scratched up and stop hovering. You also should wipe the table down. You can buy pucks at academy.

I've used it as a Texas Hold'em poker table and we've fitted 11 people nicely around it. And it's also a table to put stuff on now.

I was thinking about a pool table, but that requires much more space and is freakin expensive. I think my hockey table is 7 feet long.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

the academy ones have problems with air flow. I had one from there. I'd go to billiards warehouse to get one.