1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/13/2017 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 13, 2017.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Zhou can guard him. Capela is not long enough.

wireonfire and D-rock like this.
  2. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

If there's one thing I take from this game, is that hopefully Harden won't disappear again in the playoffs against the Spurs.

3. Lightsnowaction

Hey, it is going to take time to see the chemistry grow, if it does.

4. anchel

anchel Member

Capela is key for this team and has 82 games to wake up and improve defensively.

Collectively, Spurs are obviously a much better coached team. Don't know if expect changes from MDA. I honestly don't. Hopefully Paul can push for some changes.

D-rock and Lightsnowaction like this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Actually Harden doesn't get scored on much at all. I'd hate to see what you would be like if it was Westbrook, who doesn't contest any shots at all. Defence is basically contesting shots and hoping a guy misses the jumper. Harden was third in contesting the most shots on defence for the Rocket last season. Talent levels of stars are different, they don't all have the same talent on both ends, they are all better than each other at something

6. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I respect y’all for watching this game, but even the new owner is at Minute Maid.

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Glad the pre-season is over, bring on the real season

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets basketball over the Astros all day every day

9. anchel

anchel Member

Gordon's D today was crap. Harden's too. And Anderson, and Capela.

D-rock and buffalobills!!! like this.
  10. Rockets4Life13

Harden costs us a lot of points and that is a fact. Every stat proves it. And yea - dont get me started on westbrook - deandre jordan contesting more threes than him because he's padding his rebound stats. I would hate that on my team.

11. Houtho

Houtho Member

Black looked very rusty out there in the first half. Missed both free throws and involved in lots of clunky plays and turn overs.

Better in second but still looked out of sync with the team, looks like he needs more time to mesh

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Rockets4Life13

He's a role player who will be our 3rd Option as a center.. im not too concerned with him tbh.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

He won’t get playing time anyway so doesn’t matter. MDA will stay a stubborn mule and just let Harden do what he wants, playing only 7-8 guys and ruining our chances of letting guys stay healthy and fresh.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I'm expecting MDA to double down on his approach as this is his last stop as a head coach in the NBA. That means more of what you saw last season but with CP3 running the show. I just don't see this team changing much if anything - particularly on the defensive end (which MDA doesn't care about anyway). They'll probably crack the 60 win barrier but it will be what happens next year in the playoffs that will determine if the addition of CP3 was enough to move the needle for them in the West.

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. Lightsnowaction

Need Luc Mah A Moute to guard LMA. Capela, as of now, doesn't need the strength.

16. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

hope you're right, but this has been a pattern since last season. Harden's FG% and TOs are just awful when matched up against GSW, Utah, Memphis, SAS, etc.

17. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Im sorry but the talent Kawhi has around him is underrated. Watch this fool win mvp and 55 games with people in the media saying he aint got no help

like gasol, green, mills, gay, aldrige are all of a sudden nobodies smh

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden costs us stuff all points, unless you have a stat that proves it......Beverley use to get driven by more than Harden

Defenders can only hope a guy misses his jumper

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Last min or two- Zhou with a terrible 1/2 court pass/turnover- pissed me off. Bobby fn brown missed 2 good looks for a 3

BS.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yup, when the going gets tough...McHale has been shown right. Harden needs to keep his mouth shut.