1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden on Kevin McHale: "He's a clown. He never taught me anything"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden will finally have a legit star player with him now that's actually a guard... that will do more wonders for him in the new nba.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

he just doesn't come off looking good with those comments. i'm all for someone defending themselves when they are defamed in the press, and i do think McHale is a little butt hurt from having been fired. But if Harden was just a little more mature and a little smarter, he would have said something like:

"Kevin McHale is a hall of fame player, i tried to learn as much from him as i could when he was my coach. It's unfortunate that he feels that way, but i'm focused on getting better every day and helping my teammates. We're focused on the now, this season, and we're excited to compete for a championship this year."

Anyway, interesting drama.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Be interesting to see what CP3 has to say.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What a funny beef.

"James didn't play defense"
    "McHale was a clown of a coach who didn't teach me anything"

Lol....
    It'd be like gravity arguing with sunshine

Gravity: "Sunshine... always so bright. Cant look directly at it"
    Sunshine: "Gravity... unrelenting... good luck trying to jump off things... always pulling you down"

5. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I'm glad he did what he did and not be all PC.....

First off I think it's clownish to say that James isn't a leader. False...... He might not be THAT kind of leader but he's a leader just a different kind...... James isn't a Rah Rah guy but he tried to be for Mchale. James isn't an emotional guy but he tried to be for Mchale. James is not a talkative guy but he definitely tried to be for Mchale.

James is definitely a self aware person and I'm sure his mindset was, how can I get on these guys when my game isn't perfect..... be you know what, he did it anyway for Mchale.....

Lastly I'm sure the one that way doing the clowning and undermining behind the scenes was Dwight.... Another jealous bitter person whose proven to be a cancer everywhere he goes....

DonKnock likes this.
  6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

McHale wasn't in the lockerroom last year. He knows jack, and was out of line to say what he did.

He deserved the clap back.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The proper response for Harden was to ignore what McHale said and to state his case where it counts - on the court. A simple "I'll let my play be the answer to his comments" would have ended it. Now, an offhand comment by McHale has now become some sort of major example of the "massive" disrespect that folks here believe is directed at Harden. This is a complete non issue in the big scheme of things as far as I'm concerned. I thought the objective was to win a championship and not engage in petty fueds with media talking heads. Like it or not McHale's track record eclipses Harden's: 5 NBA Finals and 3 NBA titles so folks are going to pay attention to whatever he has to say but it's just words. If Harden wants to shut up the likes of McHale, Shaq, Barkley, SAS, Skip and the others, then all he has to do is to go out there and win something.

8. nemac

nemac Member

Page 9 breh

9. Mr Chuck Norris

Screw that PC answer, tell it like it is. McHale is garbage coach, now we find out he's just a garbage human.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  10. Mr Chuck Norris

I hope Ariza, Capella, Beverley, comments on their experiences with mcfail too. Let the truth come out on how garbage of a coach this man was. Has he even got a technical for his team when the refs were playing their game? I know dantoni has. Night nd day between dantoini and mchale. Nobody wanted to hire this clown. But he's getting on tv talking ****. He's on TV because his garbage ass cant coach.

DonKnock and lw17 like this.
  11. lw17

lw17 Member

I can't stop laughing at this...........Should Kevin be Cookie or Bozo the clown? XD

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Harden is a leader. McHale salty as balls.

Dude has been voted player’s choice MVP. Dwight and Paul came here because of him and Melo wanted to come here as well. D’Antoni didn’t come here to coach Patrick Beverly.

But let’s pretend McHale is right.....that was a straight b**** move.

I’ve got no issue with Harden responding how he did because McHale needed to be called out publicly for the asstastic coach he was.

All that said, just win baby. Winning cures all and is the sweetest revenge you can get.

Richie_Rich and DonKnock like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I'm very interested to we how McHale will respond. Will he continue his clownish ways, or will he fall back and realize that he's been looking very bitter since he got fired?

This dude thinks he's slick. He'll trash Harden while adding in a few positive remarks in order to make it look like he's not a salty individual with an agenda.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yup.

And I think Mchale is a clown.

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Harden had one of the best offensive seasons of all time yet that clown McHale was still flapping his gums.

I don't think you get it, this was never about McHale wanting to be proved wrong, this was about McHale venting about why he got fired on air, numerous times!

McHale said Harden could never work at point guard and then Harden went out and was an amazing point guard. Do you hear McHale saying "Oh wow James really proved me wrong about being a point guard"?

No, he tripled down and said "bleep Harden he's not a leader. The guys laughed at him when he tried to lead!"

Richie_Rich and Patience like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are a PR genius, Sire.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think it was disrespectful what McHale said about Harden and the way he aired **** from the locker room. Harden has never said anything bad about the guy even though he was a shitty coach.

I still don't believe Harden has been a good leader. I've seen Harden fall apart during the absolute worst moments to fall apart, which shows terrible leadership. He mentally checks out. A good leader doesn't do **** like that, he instead fights through till the very end. He's definitely tried to grow into a leadership role and he has done good things like bringing guys together during the summer. When the going gets tough though, he disappears and I'm hoping Chris can help him grow balls during times like those. Sometimes, we need to learn from other great leader around us before we can develop into good leaders.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Mazulis likes this.
  19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

McHale didn't just say Harden isn't a natural leader." He essentially said "Harden tried to be a leader but nobody would listen to him because he sucks at defense."

That's a pretty terrible thing to say in public, and even if there is some small kernel of truth in his anecdote, to say that is representative of Harden and his relationship with teammates in general is misleading and malicious. From what I see, Harden has a very good relationship with his teammates. He roots for them and they cheer for him. The team has great chemistry. James is the best player on the team, so by definition he is a leader. However he chose to lead last year, obviously it worked, because it was an unexpectedly successful year, and a very fun team to watch.

20. Progs

Progs Member

Click on his profile and it sends you to an error page. That's what happens when someone gets perm banned :(

Hope the site returns his contribution to the website.