1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: CP3 is the biggest loser of the offseason. Thunder is better than Houston.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 25, 2017.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Words I never thought that I would read.

Pen15clubber, DreamShook and Tha_Dude like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

not surprised a troll would miss another troll

Tha_Dude likes this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that was one of the weirdest fluke streaks I've ever witnessed in the NBA, he was shooting from the three better than he was from the free throw line lol

4. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Cp3 came here cuz of Harden. Not Melo. How stupid would a person be to base his opt-in decision on something that hadn't happened yet?

Also, SAS is nothing but a controversial "journalist". He knows saying something outrageous will drive his clicks, views, interactions, and whatever else. Not even gonna lend this sack of dildos any credence.

Rockets have better depth, better complimentary players, and more efficient players. End of story. Some of our bench players are better than their starters, Roberson and Adams.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  5. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

CP3 was not as enthused at his press conference today like he's been all off-season.

Morey is a dumba$$ and is why we will never win **** here

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Ryan Anderson's advanced statistics are better than Carmelo Anthony's lol. Rockets are still the better team and will prove it again like they did last year.

Also, keep in mind the Rockets will be able to make trades to improve the roster during the year. They'll be willing to trade anyone on the roster outside of Harden and CP3. OKC has already given away all their junk and their depth is poor already.

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

Notice how Cp, be at your car, like flood victim, needs help. Paul was already there , and for the show.. haha love this man...

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Depending where they meet the GSW it could be in the 3rd Round.

9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Idk if anyone has responded but on nba.com co3 said he was just happy for melo that he was in a good place and that he was happy. So he was happy for him.

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't see this as risky at all, even if everyone leaves next year. Risky was standing pat with a mediocre players tied to big contracts. The George trade was an absolute no brainer and was a big enough steal to entice Melo to waive his no trade clause and join them. They were doomed to another first round exit had they kept Oladipo, Kanter, and Sabonis. Westbrook wasn't going to sign an extension anyway so might as well swing for the moon this season. They didn't even surrender a first round pick in either trade so it's not like they're sacrificing their ability to rebuild.

11. PatBev

PatBev Member

People are insane for thinking "Westbrook is to ball domin
    Both Harden and him didn't seem to enthused there

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

People are insane for thinking that Westbrook is too ball dominant? Really?

13. Lightsnowaction

If we give CP3 the 5 year max, then SAS is wrong about that.

14. PatBev

PatBev Member

lol I don't know why that posted. It was suppose to be "I don't know why people think Westbrook will be to ball dominant with PG13/Melo" but I thought I deleted it

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Let's see...

Everyone seems concerned that Chris Paul, a guy who's spent his entire career distributing the ball and making his teammates better, and James Harden, a guy who has flourished off the ball and as a 6th Man for a good part of his career, will have issues playing together.

Meanwhile, throwing Westbrook (ball hog extraordinaire who's not a natural passer) together with Carmelo, a guy who has never been anything but a high volume number one option, is somehow an obvious recipe for success.

Okay.

bumbum09 likes this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is really perplexing to me. James Harden and Chris Paul, while dominant with the ball, are WILLING PASSERS THAT LEAD THE LEAGUE IN ASSISTS. Their FIRST OPTION is to PASS. Yes, they dominate the ball, but they PASS, FIRST.

Now, look at Westbrook, George and Anthony. Are they PASS FIRST? No. They are high usage SCORE FIRST players that all want the ball. How is this a better mix? It is not. It could be, IF....IF Westbrook CHANGED his game to be more of a true pass first PG. But I don't see him doing that. He has evolved (post KD) as a Kobe-esque alpha scorer. This is not a seamless fit.

topfive likes this.
  17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I expect the Rockets and the Spurs to battle it out for the 3rd seed unless Pop has something up his steeve. As for the Rockets, this is MDA's last go round and as such I fully expect him to double down on his system which means (even) more 3 pt shots and little to NO defense particularly interior defense. As with last season, I'm waiting to see how MDA's approach fares when it counts - during the playoffs.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly. I'd go as far as to say it also won't work unless Melo is willing to accept that he's the third option. Of course, that's what we hoped he'd do with the Rox as well, but at least with us he'd have had two pass-first PGs feeding him the ball enough to keep him happy. With Westbrook and George setting the table, Melo will be eating scraps.

Whichever one of those three gets the ball first will not want to pass to the others because he knows it'll never come back to him.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

3 stars who do the same thing doesn't count as 3 stars imo. 3 stars with different skillsets is actually 3 stars.

this is not even close to gsw who have the arguably all around best player, the best passer, the best defender, and two of the best 3pt shooters. that's a masterpiece puzzle set they have built. fits perfectly. bottom line, # of stars don't matter if they don't fit.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

I disagree. Houston now has two elite pick and roll players and both of which get into the paint at will. Not to mention cp3 finishing and mid range ability. You're going to see alot more pts from inside the 3 pt line this year is what i see. The 3s are a given and more predicated on how defenses choose to defend on that given night. They're going to have to give up something.

adding a cp3 does the opposite of doubling down on 3 pters. he adds an elite dimension inside the 3 pt line while maintaining the same concept of getting others open looks on the perimeter