1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Make Or Break

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Nov 22, 2003.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

Houston is going to face an extremely challenging six game stretch in early December. I think they will be well tested after facing @ New Orleans, Detroit, Portland, San Antonio, @ San Antonio, and @ Minnesota. This is by far the toughest stetch of the entire season.

2. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

My predictions :
    @ New Orleans - W; I predict a bounce - back win. Frustrations were high during the Portland game...Hopefully, they will build on it)
    Detroit - W; I think that we match up pretty well with them, and Detroit will probably not double Yao...It will be interesting to see how he reacts. I predict a big game for him even though he will be played by Big Ben. I really just don't think any singly player stands a great chance against Yao.
    Portland - W; Steve goes off, and Yao pours in another double-double.
    San Antonio - L; Duncan is contained by Cato, but Manu goes off, and Steve and TP play each other to a standstill.
    @ San Antonio - W; We bounce back, and Steve goes off on Jesus.
    @ Minnesota - L; Minnesota's star power/offense overcomes the Rockets defense. Yao has a tough time against the Minny zone, and KG runs circles around Cato.

4-2...Probably a little optimistic.

3. sun12

sun12 Member

We will lose all the games that the opposing team plays zone in the 4th quarter and win all the games that the opposing team plays man defense.

4. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

i think we have a chance around detroit, as long steve holds his defense up on billups who is just playing amazingly. i think we can beat san antonio once, and we had better win the portland game at home. however, i think we will lose all the away games, we have no answer for garnett for minny, and steve will get killed by the baron who is also making his mark for mvp.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Goodness I hope we go at least 4-2.

But I don't see it as "make or break" - It's early yet.

Now if by mid-January we aren't hauling in 4 outta 6 games, then we may have a problem that cannot be resolved in one season... which may be the case anyway. Remember this is JVG's first year, and he's up against old habits and big egos. While that may not be what is on the surface... as in the players may sincerely want to change and adapt... the fruits of the past have already begun to spoil some of our games (even wins).

Just before the All-Star break we should be sailing the right course... if not by then, next year. But I don't expect a "tank it" attitude from JVG... he will have the boys fightin' to the finish.

6. jodete

jodete Member

With or without Pike and Adrian Griffin???
    Maybe one of them can be starter.
    Remember what Jeff said in preseason:
    "People have some things very clear... maybe I think this things are not that clear like people think".
    He was talking about player's roles. Maybe Cuttino or Jimmy can not be starters when Adrian or Pike be healthy.
    How many minutes will play Pike??? 10?? or 30??
    And Griffin... can be starter and can play 0 minutes.
    I can't wait to see this team with this 2 players.
    Many things can change.