1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 - 2018 will be Ryan Anderson's year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gqgeo, Jul 5, 2017.

1. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

he's shooting 35% from 2s and 45% from 3s. Maybe trying to set some nba record.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What is the point of banning a newbie troll? They'll get a new IP address, create a new user and they're back again. This way, Clutch knows who it is and so do you. Not banning him keeps him out and open. You have the option to block him now, but you don't know who to block if clutch bans him. If this user hangs around and establishes themselves, they'll want to keep the reputation of their user name, thus making it easier for Clutch to keep them in line with a threat. It seems like a pretty smart play to me.

Aruba77 likes this.
  3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Ryno was a part of the reason we had 55 wins. Once he gets hot, we were unbeatable. Oh well.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm no insider, but I'm in awe of how Clutch admins this place, so I have a guess. When someone is perma-banned then returns as a bi-uid starting threads, Clutch knows he's dealing with a childish dick who is taunting him to play a game of Wack a Mole. He wants Clutch to work to ban him over and over, and to think about him. The troll says to himself, "I can play this bi-uid game forever. Come at me bro."

My guess is Clutch doesn't give a f3ck to play that game, and is fine making us deal with him, since we created this attention w**** by feeding him with attention. For instance, guys like @FTW Rockets FTW just can't resist playing with someone who is turning the GARM into their personal internet playground.

So, what can we do. Only thing we can do is ignore it, just like Clutch is, and spreading the word to others to ignore the fake news troll, bi-uid who has gone full dick....and he isn't even a Rockets fan.

No replies, no likes, no acknowledgement. We're dealing with childish internet behavior ... and you treat them like a kid who wants attention. Give him nothing.

5. heypartner

Not quite the situation. Pounder is not a newbie. He is the perma-banned Mr. Motiejunas. He started a thread to admit to the fake melo news and announce his true identity ... to laugh at us. He's come back as a bi-uid. So, he doesn't care about his reputation ... he already lost that. He's gone full dick mode....very childish.

see my post before this one for my theory that Clutch doesn't give a ****....it's our problem now.

6. heypartner

He was super good in the SAS series, imo, if we just don't consider game 6 a real game....and look only at the stats in first 5 games.

btw: We can talk about Ryno in this original 2017-18 thread. No need to make the thread of the troll (Mr Motiejunas/Pounder) some type of Official Ryno thread that serves to give that dude attention, and laugh at us if it become a 100 page Ryno thread for the season. Watch, even if we let his thread die ... he will bump it for attention....like he did the DMo X-Factor thread over and over.

His thread wasn't even original. This one was created in early July.

7. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Errr if he can somehow manage not to get injured again.
    Yes last year was a miracle but then again the thrash injury occurred o_O

8. don grahamleone

Gotcha. /thread for me.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I just want him to take more 3 point attempts and stick to his overall %. I don't care about his home-away splits. If the overall % is good, then the fact that he's sucking at home means he's also unrealistically helping us win on the road. The whole point of consistency is that you can plan for it. Well, if we know he's going to suck at home and rock away, then we'll game plan for that, it's fine.

Playoffs I agree was an anomaly. He didn't dip in past playoffs. Against the Thunder they always had someone sitting in his lap 25+ feet from the basket, and it was critical to us winning. That's where we generated our offense, while the defense was poor and the ball movement not ideal. It allowed Harden to torture them or pass off to an actually wide open Bev/Ariza/Gordon. He was good against the Spurs relative to his average, I don't expect more than that against the best defensive team in the NBA.

All in all, I'm confident about him carrying over his experience, and I hope we let him take more 3 point attempts and Harden to take 1 or 2 fewer non-catch-n-shoot 3's.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

agreed. pounder's "likes" is what fooled me. He (or she) has got more likes than posts. who the hell is liking these people?

I'll be on the lookout for trolls, will be more aware; will do my part. thanks for speaking up on this HP.

11. don grahamleone

I get the feeling there's a crew that works this stuff together. FTW Rockets FTW has 1000s of likes from the same 5 people over and over. If you read what he writes, you'd know that's impossible with pure strangers, so he's got a crew.

12. heypartner

He got all those when he started the "On Friday" thread, when he still had ppl fooled that he had insider news.

13. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

Career Stats coming for Ryan Anderson this year!