1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Cunningham - Texans 2nd round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Dash, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Was thinking, if he'd been a better QB evaluator, he would've drafted them more often.
    Good call

red5rocket likes this.
  2. Aydge

Aydge Member

Immediate huge upgrade to this defense, I'm glad Cush got popped.

And I fully expect Cunningham to get burned a few times by the Patriots next week, just like what has happened every single time we've played them for the past 5 years... The difference is, Cunningham has the physical tools and the POTENTIAL to cover these guys. He is gonna get better as the year goes on and next week will be a crash course.

And @justtxyank you don't have to admit that you were wrong about Cunningham, it's pretty clear to everyone that the man can tackle...

craigharmann likes this.
  3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

This kid is going to be really, really good. Finally have someone quick enough to run sideline to sideline with RBs.

red5rocket, craigharmann and Aydge like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL ok

I specifically mentioned it as being something that could be coached up and I've repeatedly mentioned liking the pick. His first game he had issues, his second game he already improved. You are picking the wrong player to go at me on bro. Go at me if Fuller becomes a good player or go at me if Tyler Ervin never does anything (since I was one of the only people here who liked that pick).

5. Aydge

Aydge Member

No ones talking about those guys, this thread is about Zach Cunningham. You have 4 posts on the first page discrediting his tackling.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My first post says hopefully Vrabel can coach him up and then called him our best coverage linebacker.

He also has like 10 tackles so far in the NFL so maybe you should slow down.

7. Aydge

Aydge Member

If you can't see it yet, you can't see it...but dude is a beast. His tackling was there in his first ever start, has always been there... but feel free to credit Vrabel for that when you finally do see it.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He was great last night, very impressed.

Also, the Pats and Saints forced him to cover RBs in the slot and he failed spectacularly every single time on the same exact outside cut inside crossing route. He better be ready because he's definitely going to see it again.

Aydge likes this.