1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant praises Rockets great

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 8, 2017.

1. hakeemthagreat

If the same ppl mad at KD aren't mad at Lebron, then their basketball opinions don't carry anymore credibility

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

here the KD defenders go trying to compare what he did to what Lebron did when what KD did was worse...

let me know when Lebron joined a 73-9 team that he lost a 3-1 series lead against in a conference finals

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't know what all the back and forth is in this thread, but a few things are clear:

1. The idea that TMac is the best scorer in history is laughable.
    2. The idea that the game is "always about getting buckets" and therefore even if TMac was the greatest scorer in history, defense is completely ignored, is laughable.
    3. The concept of KD praising TMac is laughable, but in an "of course" kind of way

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. hakeemthagreat

Lebron was the original ship jumper, not once but twice. He also uses his business ties to get players to play with him, attempts to blackball reporters who criticize him, and gets coaches fired just so his HOMEBOY can coach the team. But you're mad at KD?

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

like I said, let me know when Lebron went and joined a 73-9 team after choking against them in a conference finals

everything u said after that 1st sentence is irrelevant to this discussion and is u just going off on a tangent

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Trackball

Trackball Member

And what rule is there against doing that?

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Warriors were the best team in the NBA when KD joined them.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He whined his way onto Warriors. Always complained when he was in OKC. Cried to the media about the media, took his ball and ran away. He broke rules, just not NBA rules.
    [​IMG]

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

obviously there's no rule against him doing that...he's free to do what he wants, and he will get criticized for pulling that weak ass move

10. Trackball

Trackball Member

And he will be identified as "NBA champion" for the rest of his life.
    Just like Chris Jent.
    "I've been in the league for--TWO MONTHS! World champions!" (actual line from the 1994 tape)

Tell me, why do the top players keep using this as the be-all-end-all measure of greatness?
    Because the masses think it IS.

"First of all, I know what it's like to be a champion. You don't."
    --Shaq, to Charles Barkley

Should I link that Dungy/Salley video again?
    All the fans keep asking is "How many rings ya got?"

We, the fans, are to blame.
    Kevin Durant joining the Warriors at the peak of their power was just the logical conclusion.

Hell, part of me hopes Paul George signs with the Warriors next year for the veteran minimum, just so I can see the chaos that ensues around the league and with the fans. I'd like to see what the league does to end that ridiculousness--necessity is the mother of invention, after all.
    But can they do it without making the union furious? I doubt it.

Why do I want to see it?
    Because the last time the league had parity, the 1970s, the league almost FOLDED.

And if that threatens to happen again?
    We, the fans, will be to blame.
    We kept treating them like championships were ALL that mattered.
    And we're surprised when superteams happen?

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

They would have been the favorite to win the title without the KD signing