1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Horror Cinema] IT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 29, 2017.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

me too. considering it was on network tv i think they did a good job with it. pennywise still scares the s*** out of me!
    [​IMG]

also, maybe its already been mentioned, but the previews are only showing the kids story...not the adults (john ritter, harry anderson)...i wonder if they are setting it up for a sequel? that would be an interesting way to do it.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  2. VanityHalfBlack

Man, ya'll make me wanna watch it again. I have the bluray, bout to watch IT tonight, spooky!!!! Poor Georgie!!

3. Buck Turgidson

That's the plan as I understand it.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Sitting at 88% on rottentomatoes right now. I'm stoked to see this.

Yung-T likes this.
  5. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

It was alright. Definitely scarier watching it as a kid. Some questions coming out of the cinema but I guess they'll answer it in the sequel.

writers: IT>GoT:S7

Yung-T and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  6. VanityHalfBlack

Oh ****, a sequel??? Damn, can't wait to see this now!

Yung-T and fba34 like this.
  7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Just watched it. Thought it was very good. All the kid actors put some adult actors to shame.

gatsby, ghettocheeze, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Thought it was fine. Not scary, especially if you saw any of the trailers. But it was a fun watch for sure.

9. faraza84

faraza84 Member

It was entertaining not really scary though. Definitely had some good laughs and could exist as a tv series if picked up by amazon or Netflix.All in all it felt like stranger things the movie.
    8.5/10

10. VanityHalfBlack

Hey if it had that miniseries feel to it like the 90s did, I am sold like a mofo. I loved the 90s miniseries so much. This one has to be better than with better kid actors. I heard people complained about the CGI in the new movie??? Like the 90s didn't have that great CGI in it and I still loved it.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I thought it was really good. My wife thought it was really scary.

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Scary is definitely based on perception & maturity.

It personally didn't scare me but 12 year old me would of **** his pants. So it's scary enough.

9/10

gatsby, Yung-T, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

just saw this, it was really good...scary and creepy AF

this and the latest Annabelle movie had me shook at times, I can't lie

I'm looking forward to how they do the 2nd chapter for IT

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Overrated movie. This was just a perverted version of diaries of a wimpy kid. Is Stephen King a pedophile or something? And that clown looked downright goofy. They should have gotten with the conjuring on making a decent monster.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Too many funny lines in the movie. It wasn't scary, other than jump scenes. It's well written I think. I kept thinking when the hell are they gonna turn into adults? I didn't read the thread earlier to realize it's gonna have a second chapter.

16. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

A lot of horror films nowadays start slowly, trying to build up a spooky atmosphere. IT built that up from the getgo and its a rollercoaster of scary scenes all throughout. It just wouldn't let up! My fiancé was crying by the middle of the movie and swore I'd never convince her to watch another horror flick ever again. The ending seemed a bit cliche so minus points for that.

8.5 / 10

17. conquistador#11

they included that part in the movie?

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Read mild spoiler at your own risk.

No. They do a blood oath at the end. No orgy

However they do focus a lot on Beverley's coming of age fear of getting her period and dealing with acceptance of her sexuality. Her father is again at least an emotionally abusive sexual predator but there are hints that he has abused her physically as well, but it's never shown on screen.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I thought it was a solid 8 out of 10. Like many my age I saw the first IT when I was maybe 9 and it completely ruined me. I could never walk over a drain without looking down first. Of course when I've seen it on recently it's really goofy now (especially part 2) but as a kid it scared the crap out of me for a long time.

The new one is obviously way better made and acted really well even though the child actors in the first one were the best part of that miniseries along with Tim Curry's greatness. The new Pennywise has his moments where he is terrifying as hell and moments he's a little cheesy. Maybe they could have benefited from the jaws effect of not seeing the shark till the end but Pennywise is a character here and given more nuance than a mindless killer. I have a feeling the sequel will explore more about Its background and what is driving his need to kill kids.

For those saying it's not scary.... uhh actually I found it pretty damn creepy for someone my age that rarely scares. Simply if you get scared in movies, you'll piss your pants. If your don't, it's still a good movie even if you don't think you'll be scared. If a 9 year old saw it like I did the old one, they'd be ruined too I'm sure.

It's also pretty funny and if you like Stranger Things you'll love this. Great Nostalgia without overdoing it. Solid film and really looking forward to chapter 2. Hope they don't screw it up by trying for over the top horror and spend more time with the crew as adults. They better nail the casting on that one too.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. mario_v

mario_v Member

Just saw the original miniseries for the first time. I thought it was very cheesy and lame, was not scary at all.

I think it's one of those movies that might have been scary 27 years ago but it has not aged well.