1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017] Hurricane Season

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Apr 17, 2017.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jose is one of those bad hombres

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. Buck Turgidson

If it had to hit somewhere, a direct hit on Mar-a-Lago would have been epic.

DonKnock, B-Bob and leroy like this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Trump has a few days to build a wall.

6. Buck Turgidson

...and make the Cape Verde coast pay for it.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Jose is going straight to the bermuda triangle and get deported to another planet.

Sajan likes this.
  8. theimpossibles1

Can we PLEASE keep this thread to relevant storm info and discussion. I have never been so ashamed to be a member of clutchfans.

There is tons of really valuable info in here but it is painful to sift through all the one liners and politics to get to it.

I have had to add several posters (FTW, Brown, Mathrocker) to 'ignore' and still half the posts are people looking to pick fights or fishing for likes with shameless one liners. I cannot think of a more inappropriate place for attention seeking. People are truly living in horror and losing all their posessions because of these storms.

For goodness sake have some respect for the situation. There are countless other threads for you to dick around in.

9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree, politics is injected into everything. I think people have lost it. They are obsessed. It is destroying sports. Even life threatening weather is twisted around in some fashion to zing Trump. Really ridiculous.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

If it only killed 12 in Puerto Rico (where it was at its stongest on land) why does seem like it is about to wipe Florida off the map?

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Wait you just did exactly what you hate.

13. miamirocketman

I have no doubts that miami is still in deep trouble but I imagine its probably better for the city that its shifted west.
    I dont think its so much about how many people will die in Miami, I think that wont be many, it really shouldn't be any at all. The issue with Miami, especially Miami Beach is its like 1 or 2 feet about sea level in most parts and lots of neighborhoods like sunset harbor on the beach flood catastrophically in a basic thunderstorm. I know my neighborhood, small summer showers and we're flooded for a day or two. So a monster like this will probably wipe out every single business in miami beach if it hits there. Im in houston right now and just had dinner at miyako on westheimer, my favorite spot I've been going to for years and just drove down westheimer past the galleria to get home and I was in awe of how it seemed like nothing had ever happened. I was in complete shock from what I was expecting coming from Miami. Miami Beach though I fully expect to get destroyed next week in the sense that every business will be closed/flooded.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Gentrification.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Because you're falling for media sensation. Its not going to wipe Florida off the map. Florida prepares early. I couldn't find bottled water last weekend, long before we had a good idea where the storm was going to hit. All the inclement weather essential are gone a full week out; water, breads, fuel containers, generators, ect.. They dont wait the day before the storm then complain the stores are too busy then whine about eating eggs for too long.

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Congrats. The big majority of us old timers added those zero life dorks to our ignore lists long ago. You made a wise decision.

Btw new update. Cat 5 again. Jose will be a fish storm but still, a cat 5 and a 4 right behind it. Unreal for those of us who love meteorology and follow weather and storms all year long, especially hurricane season. I've never seen anything like that.

DudeWah likes this.
  17. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Jose is a cat 5. The thinking is that they held off to avoid confusion. No doubt it will upgraded in post analysis.

Irma has taken a jog further west than forecast. We will see what the next euro shows in a couple hours. Im guessing up the middle of Florida is better than a direct hit on miami which is what it was looking like a couple days ago. Still uber bad, though.

18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Where can we get News about this hurricane? I don't know? Did you try The news? I am sure there are many websites, twitter, reddit, etc. clutchfans is not the only source you can get your news.

Lmao i survived.

For the millionth time, I had just got back from a one week vacation and I was tired after flying to Houston. Too tired to go to the grocery store over what I thought would be a 1 to 2 day hurricane.

Plus I ain't no b****. They can prepare like they're gonna die, but Harvey was one-of-a-kind. It was the slowest moving tropical storm that size in history and it would not stop raining. This one is moving faster, but its still big.

Everyone is such a ****ing b****before, after and during hurricane season. **** all you whiny b****es. Just drive around Houston and you'll see what I'm talking about. Everyone is driving like such a ****ing b****.

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

What in the world are you rambling about? I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or seriously mentally challenged.

marks0223 likes this.
  20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member