1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CF Smeg Fantasy Footy Draft 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Someone took him I'm 80% sure, but this thing has been a blur. Fog of Harvey.

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Cooper Kupp, WR, LAR

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah, Hogan was picked in the 15th

4. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn thats like the second time that has happened and I don't even know who the guy is, saw him on some ESPN news bulletin, noticed he wasn't on the list and picked him - know nothing about him, just running out of guys to draft......... Is Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice still available?

5. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I'll take J White, RB, NE.... if he's been selected I'm drafting Ziggys mom as my first offensive lineman I have ever drafted....

#305 Rocketball, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    LonghornFan likes this.
  6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I had mason Crosby K last round but can't edit the spreadsheet.

I'll also take CJ fiedorwitZ TE don't know how to spell it

7. Rocketball

Supporting Member

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I'm around but don't want to skip @Ziggy.

#honor

9. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

NM Ziggy already picked early.

I'll take Jeremy Hill, RB CIN for the last pick.

10. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Good draft everyone. Now we sit back and wait for Moes' annual analysis write-up.

11. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Rook, thanks for inputting all those players. My last pick was Duke Johnson, Jr. w/ CLE...you gave me Devin Johnson, a RB
    For CAR. Can you change that out?

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sam -

QB: Cousins / Newton Grade: B
    Projected Starting 5: David Johnson / Zeke Elliott (minus 6 games?) / Dez Bryant / Christian McCaffrey / Davante Adams Grade: A
    TE: Ertz Grade: B-
    Bench: G. Tate, Gillislee, Hogan, Lacy, J. Hill Grade: B-

Analysis: This whole thing boils down to the Zeke Elliott suspension saga doesn't it? Hard to beat a team with 2 potential RB1s. Really like the QBs here, especially at cost. Ertz is always touted every preseason and every season he manages to underwhelm. Meh. Wasn't a huge fan of the Adams/Tate picks in rounds 6/7. I'm not very high on Adams this year, but Rodgers exposure is never a bad idea. Smart fantasy players look for the guys who benefit from elite offense exposure. Hogan in the 15th however looks like it will be a massive steal. Gillislee is a nice pick too in this non-PPR format.

This is a hard team to predict because so much hinges on the Zeke outcome, but I definitely see this team as a contender, just like every year.

Zig -

QB: Mariota Grade: B-
    Projected Starting 5: Bell / Ajayi / Fournette / Hill / Diggs Grade: B-
    TE: Reed / Eifert Grade: A+
    Bench: Snead, McFadden, Henry, T. Williams, Forte, Z. Jones, R. Anderson Grade: B

Zig found himself on the wrong side of WR run and focused on a RB heavy approach and nabbed Jordan Reed at the start of the 5th round. I'm of the opinion that Tyreek Hill is overvalued, but I do like Diggs and Tyrell Williams, who shouldn't have fallen that far. Henry is a premium backup. WR depth is a huge issue here, and I just don't see this team surviving one of their top backs going down or busting, despite the TE boost. I feel this team is built like the Kevin Sumlin Aggies. A lot of talent on paper, but ultimately underwhelming on the field.

Rook -

QB: Matt Ryan / P Rivers Grade B
    Projected Starting 5: Gurley / A Brown / L Miller / K Hunt / B Cooks Grade: B
    TE: Hunter Henry Grade: C+
    Bench: J Mixon / M Ingram / J Crowder / D Moncrief / A Thielen / J Rodgers / J Stewart Grade: A

What I like most about this squad is the skill position depth. Rook always seem to go with a robust RB approach and that involves doubling down on the position to help offset risk. I'm not of the opinion that Gurley is as bad as last year, but if he is somehow able to regain relevance, this is a great team in the making. The QB/TE positions should be average at best, but that barely matters. Rook had the good fortune of being up to pick when the Spencer Ware injury news hit and was able to pick up Kareem Hunt at a huge discount. I like this team to contend for a title.

Fade -

QB: Brady / Wentz Grade A
    Projected Starting 5: CJ Anderson / O. Beckham / A Cooper / A Robinson / D Parker Grade: B-
    TE: Gronk Grade: A
    Bench: R Kelley / P Perkins / D Jackson / T Rawls / M Breida / W Smallwood / C Kupp Grade: C+

Well this is a New England centric team with a Brady / Gronk stack that only looks better after Edelman tore his knee up. Throw in ODB and Amari Cooper and trendy sleeper Parker and I think you've got something that is good on paper. The question here will be depth, as the bench is mostly filled with guys who are crappy RBs. RB is also very weak here, perhaps the weakest RB group of the league. When CJ Anderson is your best RB you may have problems. Bottom line here is fade needs a healthy Gronk all year and a dominant Brady to stay afloat. If Gronk goes down again this team is toast.

Pete -

QB: J Winston / C Palmer Grade: B
    Projected Starting 5: I Crowell / J Jones / M Thomas / A Jeffrey / K Allen Grade: B+
    TE: M Bennett / Fiedorowicz Grade: C+
    Bench: T Montgomery / R Cobb / CJ Prosise / J Charles / J Williams / Grade: B-

This is a WR-centric draft after my own heart and they will be needed to carry this team to the promised land. RB is an issue and I'm not as high on Crowell as everyone else seems to be, but I do like Montgomery. Depth will be a factor here as there isn't a whole lot of startable talent outside the starting 5. I don't see this team as an immediate title contender, but I do appreciate the early construction process.

PSJ -

QB: Brees / Eli B+
    Projected Starting 5: D. Murray / AJ Green / D Cook / L Fitzgerald / P Garcon Grade: B
    TE: D Walker / Witten Grade: B
    Bench: J Maclin / K Britt / J Brown / L Murray / T Ginn Grade: B+

This is a fairly well rounded team with some solid depth. I think PSJ found some good undervalued guys like Maclin and Brown late that could help contribute. Well rounded but lacking real upside. I see this roster as a more of a middle-of-the-pack team at best.

Htown -

QB: Roethlisberger / Luck Grade B-
    Projected Starting 5: L McCoy / TY Hilton / D Hopkins / M Crabtree / E Decker Grade: B-
    TE: Doyle Grade: B-
    Bench: Woodhead / West / M Wallace / L Blount / D Foreman Grade: C+

This team seems very interested in the outcomes of the Colts and Ravens seasons. It needs Andrew Luck back and better than ever to have any real shot at contention. Overall there isn't much upside here at all. I also see this team as a .500 squad at best.

Jent -

QB: Rodgers / Carr Grade A
    Projected Starting 5: J Howard / S Watkins / M Lynch / B Powell / A Abdullah Grade: C+
    TE: Kelce / Ebron Grade: A
    Bench: E Sanders / J Landry / A Peterson / B Marshall / C Coleman / D Johnson Grade: B+

I do like the depth here, but that starting 5 looks horrendous compared to other squads. This is in part to going Rodgers 8th overall and then going with Kelce early too. The QB/TE boost is obvious, but the skill position talent is not great at all. However, the bench depth is pretty solid and filled with guys who can contribute. I think this team will win some games but will fail to make any real noise.

R34 -

QB: D Prescott / M Stafford Grade: B-
    Projected Starting 5: D Freeman / D Thomas / M Evans / C Hyde / J Graham Grade: B+
    TE: Olsen / Graham Grade: A
    Bench: F Gore / J Matthews / K White / C West / C Beasley / R Mathews Grade: C+

Foiled by wasting a pick on Julian Edelman, R34 was under the gun from the start and for some reason drafted both Greg Olsen and Jimmy Graham. I think he would do well to look to trade one of those guys for some help elsewhere. Freeman / Thomas / Evans / Hyde is a nice group, but the depth here is awful and the QBs won't help despite the TE strength.

me -

QB: R Wilson / A Dalton Grade: B+
    Projected Starting 5: M Gordon / J Nelson / D Baldwin / T Pryor / K Benjamin
    TE: K Rudolph / A Hooper Grade B
    Bench: M Bryant / D Martin / T Coleman / C Davis / R Burkhead / M Williams

Picking from the turn, I automatically knew my strategy would be WR-heavy. Gordon seemed like a good potential bellcow RB to solidify that position, and Doug Martin / Tevin Coleman with a Rex Burkhead flier should assure that I don't get completely robbed should Gordon go down or be ineffective. The WRs feature 2 productive but less sexy names in Nelson and Baldwin, and then there are the physical freaks Pryor and Benjamin who both should see a lot of red zone targets. Martavis Bryant as my 5th WR almost feels wrong. I am definitely headed for greatness and nobody can stop me.

Ziggy likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Let us know when you're finished grading the defenses. Thx. NEXT

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'd have to be a real hardcore degenerate to grade IDPs, FAM.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My WR's are BALLING. NEXT.