1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. conquistador#11

Jon snow came up with a Rick grimes style of plan. Has anyone in the realm bitten by the frozen undead? could it turn you?

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Ice

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'll be shocked if he doesn't spit fire.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

animal semen

Kruze10 likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Books don't say. This has been asked and answered about 5 times so far. :) Answer is: it would be a spoiler from the hack of the scripts, if someone tells you. I suppose you could go to Reddit to read through all the script spoilers.

Me thinks if we keep asking this question, someone will answer it without spoilering the answer.

6. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

He spits hot fire!

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So, if the wall has magic, how are the magnificent seven or whatever supposed to carry a wight past the wall and to b**** queen C?

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Wights have traveled beyond the wall before. Reference: the first wight that Jon killed at Castle Black.

9. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Complaining about the timeline is so season 1. If you have questions about travel i need you to post and cite sources according to the official maps of Westeros. I'm not talking about the Mercator map version, I need post apocalyptic longest winter ever version that insinuates it could be the eye of a giant. Then I need you to explain to me what happened to Thoros' burned body. I will then expect you to explain to me the anatomical effects of grayscale and how did Ser Jorah recover to full strength so quickly. In turn, I then would like to know at what temperature does Beric's blade burn. I would then like to know he biological mechanics of how dragons produce fire and can they produce it at different temperatures. I then would like you to explain to me not only in scientific measurements but in philosophical terms; what is time in Westeros. I'm going to go back through the Breaking Bad thread and see how many complaints there were about a goodie two shoes high school chemistry teacher that became the most ruthless villain of all time and got away with it.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. cebu

cebu Member

wouldn't it be nice if Bran had a blogsite so he can tell us the past, the present, and the future?

11. heypartner

But maybe if you fly over the wall, it's OK? Dany flew the wight over the wall. Hell, since it was Eastwatch at the sea, she could have conceivably flown around the wall to the boat.

Otherwise, very good point. The wight should have disintegrated the moment it went past the wall. It's similar magic (if not the same) that prevented them from entering the Three-Eyed Raven's cave.

However, the rules of tag affect that magic. Watch to end, 3D Raven explains how the NK can end a magic spell.

@justtxyank Still a chance the NK could dispense with the Wall Magic just by touching Bran beyond the wall. Maybe not only in a dream, but also by flying to Bran and touching him. Or since Bran has already been Tagged, does all Magic, which is preventing the NK crossing to Bran's side, end.

#1491 heypartner, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  12. heypartner

Turns out this is Othor,,,a Night's Watch ranger. He died beyond the Wall, but didn't revive until inside the wall.

Othor was a ranger of the Night's Watch Ranger and is killed while beyond the Wall. His body is found and returned to Castle Black where he rises again as a wight before being destroyed by Jon Snow.

#1492 heypartner, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bran should be the KEY

14. MystikArkitect

The moment Bran set foot in the wall meant that the magic was gone, if were to believe the same thing happened in 3ER's cave.

The more implausible one was the wight that animated itself within the wall.

Turns out NK had this whole thing planned out and just let it happen to score himself a dragon. He's the new Littlefinger. Viserion turning is the biggest game changer this shows ever seen. Now Qyburn's Scorpion is hella important. Cersei is going to have to help here because it's the only thing capable of taking down that ice dragon. Arya and Bran are hella important as well as they're the only ones that might be able to get close to NK.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I never understood that logic. I thought NK had to resurrect his peeps. If it was that easy couldn't they have taken a Lannister soldier beyond the wall, killed him, brought him back over in chains and waited? And NO, I didn't watch your video. Educate ME.

16. heypartner

It just shows the fight. The quote is from a GoT wikia entry of the character. This happened in the Books, as well. I too thought NK (or some White Walker) had to reanimate the dead. Othor resurrected once inside the wall.

btw: the scene also reminds us that Valyrian Steel and Dragonglass have no special killing powers against the Wight. Sam also tried to kill a wight with dragonglass like he did the WW, but no special effect. So, we won't be able to take down Viserion with a Dragonglass spear. @justtxyank

17. justtxyank

@heypartner

They've intimated that anyone beyond the wall that dies re-animates, but honestly they haven't been very consistent with it. The wild lings mentioned that they burn their dead and Jon has said the same thing.

heypartner likes this.
  18. justtxyank

We'll see, I'm not expecting that logic to hold. It has to be vulnerable to something, so it's either fire or the dragonglass spear. (Unless a regular spear kills it)

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not vulnerable. Show is effectively over. That dragon is the Kevin Durant to the night king. Jon Snow is LBJ. Arya is Kyrie.

20. heypartner

Drogon and Rheagal can kill Viserion in combat...with just their teeth. It's 2 against one. Not to say that's what will happen, but no need to break a consistent rule in the show that wights are not affected by Valyrian steel and dragonblass, when the more established wight kill method (basic combat) makes for even better cinema -- a spectacular aerial Dogfight (DragonFight) between Viserion and Drogon/Rhaegal doing barrel rolls and such...ending with deathgrip on the neck.

It's as vulnerable to combat as any wight and the Bear. You just need something really big to beat it in a fist fight (so to speak)....fortunately other Dragons have really big teeth, too. 2 on 1 chicken fight to the death.

Agree, I can see how dead dragons would still be impervious to fire, making it really hard to kill Viserion with anything other than just Drogon and Rhaegyn taking him down in dragon-to-dragon combat.

re: Scorpion. Keep in mind that it is shown time and time again that wights can withstand otherwise deadly strikes to the torso....see the Jon/Othor fight above. So, you'll need a perfect shot to take down Viserion.

also, keep in mind, Dragonglass and Valeryian steel has no special killing powers against wights...see again Othor take a kill shot from Ironclaw...and Sam unsuccessfully tried to kill one with Dragonglass.