1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Looks like Codman was right. This from several days ago, a week, whatever:

Hey, as far as "bad contracts", at least Anderson can play. Joakim Noah played just over one half season in the last two seasons.

Richie_Rich, Pen15clubber and Plowman like this.
  2. rockets13champs

Do the Knicks think they'll get Bagley in the draft if they deal KP now?

He's not worth Kyrie

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

But if NY trade Porzingis and noah, there's a spot for another animal with a horn on its head

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Breh. This thread > the baby thread that tried to steal posts.

Hauling ass to 500

[​IMG]

6. rockets13champs

When life hits u fast

7. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I do not see how that happens. Moving 2 bad contracts in the same deal?

Maybe NYK would take RA if Noah can be unloaded? That might work. But if people thought moving RA was tough .... ugh. ...

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know. It complicates things even more. I think ch44 posted (he seems legit, and I want to give the benefit of the doubt) that the Cavs would take Joakim Noah with Porzingis (obviously this would be a Kyrie Irving trade), but were likely rebuffed (naturally the Knicks would want to pair the two stars, but NY hasn't much else they could offer).

I do hope the Knicks don't equate Noah Bad Contract with Anderson Bad Contract. As I mentioned, at least our guy can contribute. Noah has been walking wounded for awhile. He strains a shoulder just going up for an uncontested rebound. Not making fun of him; he's just injury-prone as hell. (Man, Phil Jax really hosed that organization.)

9. Daddy Long Legs

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Had PJax just been able to hold on a little longer imagine the deal that would have brought Melo here!

Alas, now adults are wearing suits @MSG. We're all waiting to see just what we'll see...

Bobsputin likes this.
  11. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Playing around on the Trade machine ... ugh.

Hou: gets Melo $26M
    Cle: gets KP, Noah $22M
    NYK: gets RA, and Irving. $38M

Need 4th team to eat some salary. Glad Morey is on it. That's top end salary cap evaluation.

or wait until some one drops the asking price.

Patience, I know. Not a forte of mine. If we new the plan it would be one thing. Ignorance and patience is hard, too much like faith.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj(nothing on Melo):

Where does it sit today with Cleveland?

Because Cleveland is uncertain about LeBron's future, because he hasn't given them a direction, their marching orders is not to go all in on LeBron's last year & say, bring in the impact players you can bring in. They want them younger, not veterans. If he was committed, they'd do a deal around veteran win-now guys. Without his commitment, their focus is getting the best young player(s) they can get to prepare for a post-LeBron era. His uncertainty is shaping how the Cavs are pursuing the Irving trade market.

Kevin Love's value is diminished. They found that out this summer. LeBron can walk. Kyrie is the only thing they can get something back for.

SA has interest in Kyrie. Their talent is more veteran talent. Aldridge, Green, Parker, Murray - but that doesn't make sense for the Cavs if they're rebuilding.

Cavs have great interest in Kristaps Porzingis. I'm told Cleveland would be open to the idea of taking Noah's contract. New York would love to get that contract off. That would be an avenue for Cleveland but been a non-starter for New York.

Boston intrigues Cleveland. They have picks, promising young players & potentially an IT you could plug in the short term or Jae Crowder. Boston has kicked the tires, haven't made an offer. Process has gone slow. People believe it'll pick up after Labor Day into September. Cavs not afraid to do a deal with the Celtics. Boston has overwhelmingly the best possible package. Tatum intrigues Cleveland. No real discussions right now on Tatum.

Favorite for Kyrie today?

There isn't one today. Process has gone slow. Someone may step up later. Teams are laying back to see how the market develops. Cleveland hoped for a feeding frenzy at the beginning & that never developed.

J_Hunter_1977 and Vivi like this.
  13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Lebron is the bane of Clevelands existence. He will have single-handedly build that franchise up and have torn it down. Twice. Pretty God-like/Devil-like IMO. With that being said, come on down to Houston. We dont have some pushover GM for you to do as you please.

Manos and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hits you with what? I think hes fine with stacks of Benjamins hitting smack in the face. I would be.

16. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

Is this picture taken in india by KD?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. rullrich

rullrich Member

We could use our non-guaranteeds + rookies and make it happen? I actually think this works out well for everyone...

Hou: Melo
    Cle: Porzingis + Noah
    NYK: RA, Irving, Onuaku, Zhou, Quarterman

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaqhpucn

Manos and MghtyPtrck like this.
  18. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

why would knicks agree on this trade? I think they are trying to build around Porzingis

charlieaustin likes this.
  19. rullrich

rullrich Member

Well yeah - assumes disgruntled Porzingis is a real thing. I'm not saying it's smart for the Knicks (but who wouldn't put it past them)...just building on the rumors that the Cavs want Porzingis in a Kyrie deal and that Kyrie wants to be in NY.

All things considered... this team would have a better shot at making the playoffs than the current one:

Kyrie
    THJ
    Courtney Lee
    RA
    Hernangomez

20. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

They are wanting to build around KP. That is why not to do trade.

Why do trade?
    Cause you get rid of Noah and Melo, at the cost of your young 4. Theyt get a star 1 back to build around.

I would send the other NGs instead of Joe Cheese, if deal would work.

I don't think NYK would do it thou.