1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Knicks, Rockets re-engage on Carmelo Anthony trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 10, 2017.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Nothing. Everything he did was garbage. Morey basically gave 80 million to Steve Novak

Zboy likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

only 11 pages? we have a long way to go.

PhilCollins likes this.
  4. leangle25

leangle25 Member

5. sefril

sefril Member

Dont worry guys, i rarely post but i want to contribute to Melo threads. So here i come.

Still got 289 page to go!

As a side note, i want Melo to join but if he doesnt join, the addition of Chris Paul already make me excited for the next season.

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The leak is real but the news is fake!:eek:

7. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Idk why, but I feel like if we don't get melo we failed this summer. But then I realize we just got cp3.. lol what a good time to be a clutchfan

heypartner likes this.
  8. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

and Tucker - Upgrade
    and the prince - Upgrade
    and re-signed Nene - needed.

don grahamleone and Richie_Rich like this.
  9. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

You know it is against the Aggie code to be deceitful, and to publicly do it ... he would be disavowed.*

*True if it happens on important matters. Not sure where the Melo trade falls on that scale.

10. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Anyone who says "the deal is done, just a matter of time", doesn't understand what the word "done" means.

11. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

#2YARDLINE

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Theoretically could be true, CP3 deal was done at 4:30am but didn't break until like 10am. But yea this is probably bs lol.

13. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

If Melo absolutely refuses to be traded anywhere else, and the Rockets are trying to keep as much as possible in a trade while trying this hard to move Anderson, I'm wondering if there actually are huge plans for the banana boat crew to finally come together, hmm.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Every time there is a real report that points a certain direction there are all these fake insiders who come out to say they know it's happening or it happening. Just so happens they always match the official report.

These guys are just trying to get followers by piggy backing on someone else's story. No loss to them if they end up wrong oh well

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

There are media members that are starting to push for the Cavs trading LeBron to the Lakers this season. This leads me to believe that there is speculation out there that Houston is a real option and the Laker loyalists are trying to speak their dream into el existence.

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

Woj was on espn last night. He said trade talks could go on late into the regular season. Rockets are willing to wait as long as they get him before the playoffs.

I think that's a bad idea. A lot can change from now and months into the season. There could be a new super team, melo could change his mind.

Get melo now before he changes his mind.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No it isn't.

Had you known what Morey, West and Paul knew at 4:30 (or was it more like 5:30) then your tweet would be,,,,"sources, Paul traded to Rockets." bam! That's it. It's weird we are even discussing the proper wording for a "Deal is done" tweet. The only reason we are discussing this is the Power of Fake News has changed our view of news. It has freaking worked.

Face it: A "Deal is done" statement no longer means a "Deal is done". Further, when we put "just a matter of time" at the end, you are allowed to say anything. And then the excuse, "Can't explain further, fam....140 character limit" And yet people will defend it with "theoretically could be true." I know you were joking, but it is real....this fake news phenomenon.

Just say "Deal is done. Paul traded to Houston." if you want to be ultra polite to Woj, you'd say, "Souces, Paul traded to Rockets. Just a matter of time before Woj announces it, today."

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The ABSENCE of IMMINENCE does not imply the IMMINENCE of ABSENCE

carry on.

jch1911 and DonKnock like this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What, are you kidding? There are plenty of media members and talking heads who are writing and speaking as fans trying to get Carmelo or LeBron or whomever to the team of their choice. Watching Jalen Rose with his "Melo, OKC would be SUCH a good look for you!".......well, others have to feign a hint of subtlety, even if they're obvious shills for the big-market teams (Ramona Shelburne, good Lord).

OK, now I'm going over to the 300+ page thread and waste a post in there. Wish me luck!

DonKnock likes this.
  20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets would get it done now if they could. The reason it may go into the season is because of circumstances changing for other teams that could get them involved in the trade.