1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'll fight you over Dragonball and Dragonball Z any day, but Super is concentrated garbage. They are throwing so much bullsh*t at the screen and I don't care about any of it. I just can't understand how they botched the story, characters, and fight choreography so freaking badly. Super is SOOOO bad, yet it is more popular than ever. GT is better than Super.. I said it. I'm not taking it back.

I don't think anyone here has defended Super btw.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with you like at all. A poster asked me what anime I had as #1 previously and I said DBZ. There is no way Akira is writing this. Whoever is writing this has never seen DBZ...because the inconsistencies are glaring with the power scale/personalities/previous character development. GT is 100x better solely because it is at least watchable. Toei clearly doesn't care, because with the low qualith animation, terrible recycled characters....I can't think of a worse plot for this last episode.

Any random writing I could have done would have been better...there is no way to make it any worse. DBZ isn't at the top for me anymore because I can't unsee this stuff .

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sad (or amazing) thing is Toriyama is on record admitting there was a never a plan when he was writing DB or DBZ; it was all off the cuff. If that's true (I believe it is) then that is a legit skill.

The dude writing it now can't be the same guy. whoever is writing it now is legit drunk.

You know the anime is bad when they go back and explain or write out the crap on screen in the manga.

smh.. I'll be back next week too

4. joesr

joesr Member

This season is sucky

DudeWah likes this.
  5. mikus

mikus Member

My Hero Academia is one of those rare shows that appears to be getting better as it goes. I'm still watching Knights and Magic but I wouldn't call it a must see show, it's just sort of fun in this bland season.

6. joesr

joesr Member

Mha is last season? Just long running. I have knights and Magic in my queue. Watching that cell phone one but really nothing out there special

7. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Those two anime are the only ones I'm following for the last few months (Boku No Hero and Knights&Magic).

Nothing would make me happier than a second season of any of the following:

OPM
    Overlord
    No Game No Life
    DanMachi (not the recent one with a new protagonist)
    Tanya The Evil

mikus likes this.
  8. joesr

joesr Member

I forgot one. Classroom of the Elite is pretty good.

9. joesr

joesr Member

All of those would be nice. Overlord is eh tho, but better than anything going on now

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Been a weak year overall for new anime.

DudeWah likes this.
  11. mikus

mikus Member

Agreed that is really good list of shows that could use another season.

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

My Hera Academia has been spectacular. Midoriya has actually gotten pretty badass & concerning the power development of most protagonists, he's gotten powerful pretty fast (not annoying anymore either).

They've also gotten into it with a ton of powerful villains already & the anime is only a season & a half in.

Really don't understand the criticism for it, maybe at the beginning but certainly not right now.

PS the Shoto/Midoriya fight was iconic.

#2412 Obito, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Jmcballer88 likes this.
  13. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

;)

14. Jmcballer88

That villian stain is super cool

Obito likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Did you change your mind about My Hero? I know you were feeling it initially.

Jmcballer88 likes this.
  16. Jmcballer88

Yea he grew up fast but they could have made him sem less like a vagina early on.

DreamShook likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Owarimonogatari 2nd season is out and saving this poor anime season. They released all seven episodes at once, nice.

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Anyone watch Full Metal Panic! back in the day. I was a pretty big fan and had all three seasons they came out with(Original, Fumoffu, and Second Raid). They are supposed to drop a new season this fall...heard it might possibly get delayed too...hopefully it will retain the same English voice actors when it is localized.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've been watching magi and seven deadly sins. Not bad for mindless action if you missed those series.

#2419 Invisible Fan, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ha, just watched it a few weeks ago.
    Hope 3rd season is good.