1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matthew Mcconaughey talks James Harden & Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jan 20, 2017.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hes from Longview, about an hour and a half from phallus.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Switch hitter?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rockets13champs

He's those people who don't take sports seriously. And root for the cities he's in to always look like the good guy.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. HTM

HTM Member

Well he is from Longview... not from Houston or Dallas and doesn't seem to be a fanatic about "one" team like most of us here would be.

As far as I know he is a Rockets, Texas and Astros fan... I guess he might have been caught in some Rangers stuff during their heyday and our tanking years.

You'd have to ask him what the deal is.

5. HTM

HTM Member

I don't think so I think he is still generally a Texas sports guy.

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The previews don't look anything like what was in my head. I'll wait until it's on HBO or Starz.

7. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Unsung heroes all around for sure. We could go all day talking about all of the contributions. One I remember most was Carl Herrera's performance in Game 6 off the bench. 12 points on 6-6 shooting. If memory serves we seemed kind of flat in Game 6 and Herrera provided a huge spark/momentum shift in that game. Anyways, good memories. Pretty much every player on those teams earned their ring or rings.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He mentioned Hakeem Horry and Maxwell
    ESPN doesn't mention those guys

That's legit

rockets13champs likes this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I can't imagine anyone under the age of 40 that grew up in Texas watching the NBA not getting swept up in Rockets fever. Our team was that great and that exciting.

13 in 33 and tinman like this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Did you read all 7 and the extra 8th?

12. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

He is definitely a big Longhorns football fan, he usually has a suite at the games and they show him on the big screens to get a chant going the few times I have gone. He just reps Texas which is awesome cause with his massive appeal and star power he could have got caught up in the LA/NY glitz and glamour lifestyle.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The video isn't available anymore..... what'd he say?

14. Daddy Long Legs

Phone double posted

15. Daddy Long Legs

Hes gonna be the man in black in the dark tower movie! The dark tower series is stephen kings best by far! Are you a fan?

FLASH21 likes this.
  16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Lol your OP looked fine to me...

To answer your question, not really but anything with guns and Idris Alba + Matty McCaugh is worth a watch in my book.

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. Nimo

Nimo Member

More than getting caught up in the hey day. He has a foundation that partners with the Rangers. He goes to their games and follows the team. I'm not saying he is not an Astros fan but he sure looks to be a CURRENT Rangers fan.

Here is what a quick google search got me

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/te...-success-actor-wanted-foundation-partner-team

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

East Texas has notoriously supported both Astros and Rangers over the years. Especially since they were in 2 different leagues for so long. Heck I rooted heavily for the Rangers UNTIL they moved the Astros in the same division. (gotta stick with my Houston roots).

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

In the past few years, it has been nothing but rangers fans(for good reason, I suppose). It has been disgusting with all those bandwagon fans. Here lately there have been some Astros support gaining steam and its a nice change of scenery but still want to tell them, "We dont accept bandwagonners."

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

A lot of people in East Texas lost the ability to watch the Astros for several years too (which put a big damper in the fan base). Some just got them back last year, and many still cannot see their games (like my mom, who's cable company just outside of Longview doesn't carry Roots Sports). I think thats what hurt the Astro's fanbase outside of Houston more than the Astros performances. Same with Austin/San Antonio where NOBODY used to watch the Rangers and now they have a fanbase in those areas due to the Astros lack of real network exposure a few years back.

donkeypunch likes this.