1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's thread on his bbs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lsqdavid, Nov 18, 2003.

1. lsqdavid

lsqdavid Member

jeffÕÒÎÒ̸»°

´ò·Ñ³ÇÄÇÌìÖÐÎ磬jeffÕÒÎÒ̸»°¡£ÎÒÆßÉÏ°ËϵÄÈ¥ÁËËûµÄ·¿¼ä£¬ÇÃÁË°ëÌìµÄÃÅûÓз´Ó¦£¬ÐÄÀïÔ½À´Ô½Ð飬¸Ð¾õÏñÁú̶»¢Ñ¨Ò»Ñù¡£ºóÀ´¿ªÃÅÒ»¿´·¿¼ä²ÅÖªµÀËûסÌ×·¿£¬·¿¼äÌ«´óûÌý¼û£¨Ò»ÉíÀ亹£©¡£×ø¶¨£¬Ã»²èºÈ¡£Ö±½Ó½øÈëÖ÷Ìâ¡£ËûÎÊÎÒÄãÏÖÔÚ×îµ£ÐĵÄÊÇʲô£¬Ö¸±ÈÈü¡£ÎÒ˵£ºÊ§Îó¡£Ëûͬ¸Ð¡£½Ó×ÅËû˵Ëû¸Ð¾õÏÖÔÚÌ«¶àÈËÔÚÎÒÅÔ±ß˵ÎÒÒò¸ÃÕâÑù´òÄÇÑù´ò£¬Õ⼫´óµÄÓ°ÏìÁËÎÒ¡£ËùÒÔ´Ó½ñÌ쿪ʼËû»á½ÐËûÃǶ¼Í£Ö¹ËµÕâ˵ÄÄ£¬ÈÃÎÒ´ò×Ô¼ºµÄÀºÇò£¬ÔõôÊìϤÔõô´ò¡£ÍíÉϱÈÈüÍ꣬ÎҺͽÌÁ·Ëµ£º¸Ð¾õ»¹²»´í£¬¾ÍÊÇͶÀºµÄÁ¦Á¿Ç°Ò»¶Îʱ¼äÓúáÁË£¬½á¹ûû׼ͷ¡£Ëû˵£ºÂýÂýÀ´£¬ÊÊÓ¦¼¸³¡¡£¸Ð¾õ´òÇòÓֻص½¹ìµÀÉÏÁË
    ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

A rough translation:

Jeff had a talk with me

On the noon we played against 76ers, jeff wanted to have a talk with me. I went to his room nervously, and knocked at the door, but no one answered. I'm even more agitated, and felt that the room was like a dragon's pool and tiger's den(a Chinese phrase describing a very dangerous place). Later, after the door opened did I make it clear it was because he lived in a suite and the room was too big for him to hear the knock.(I was covered with icy sweat at that moment.) After sitting down, without tea, we went directly to the topic. He asked me what worried me most(refering to game) I answered, "Fouls." He said he felt so, too. and then he said he felt that there were too many people gathering around me and telling me you should play this way and that way, and it influenced too much. So he told me he would stop those people and let play my own basketball, in the way i'm most familiar with. The night after the game, I told my coach it feels not bad, the only point is I used too much strenth when shooting in the previous games and missed a lot. He said"be patient, you'll find yourself after several games." and I do feel I came back to the proper track.
    :) :) :) :) :)

2. Sane

Sane Member

I don't think he should reduce the aggresiveness, I think he should just adjust to it slowly.

Did anyone else notice that Ya had 50 minutes against the Raptors, and 38 against the Sixers, back-to-back, on the road?

That's GREAT if you ask me.

3. lsqdavid

lsqdavid Member

Yes, and he said he was really exhausted after the game against the Raptors.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I would think that he should stay aggressive, he just needs to reduce how aggressively he is throwing those shots up.

He needs to contiue to log heavy minutes to build up that stamina..the harder you push yourself, the easier it is to get used to running constantly.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The only way Yao is going to improve his stamina is by going through that situation. I am glad it came up. The more minutes he logs and gets used to the pace of the games the better suited he will be for those minutes later in the season and hopefully in the playoffs! :)

6. lsqdavid

lsqdavid Member

J I think JVG said so is just because he feels Yao was too anxious about his agressiveness. It is a way to slow him down. It shows JVG cares a lot about Yao, there is already too much pressure on him.

7. axmpo

axmpo Member

Yao Ming actually answered "Turnovers".

Thanks for the translation.

8. lsqdavid

lsqdavid Member

Yes! it is turnover!
    sorry everyone for shuh a big mistake:(

9. prlen

prlen Member

yao¡¥s answer isnt Fouls!
    Yao said:"Turnover"

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's interesting. I wonder who "too many people" are. He does look a little confused when he receives the ball in the post. He waits for the double team so he can find the open man but if it doesn't come, he's not sure what to do.

I say if the double team doesn't come, take your man! Yao can't be guarded one-on-one. Maybe that's what he wants to do but he's not sure because he's got 50 people telling him 50 different things.

And thanks for the translation, lsqdavid.

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Nice translations, THANKS 4 the scoop :)

12. ajyca

ajyca Member

I think ʧÎó means "mistakes", that includes fouls, turnovers, missing shots, etc.

13. Sane

Sane Member

I think something that seperates DAMN good players from decent or bad players is the ability to play aggressive and hard as hell, yet maintain your composure when going up for a shot or making a pass or dunking.

Rememeber Olajuwon and Jordan, how aggresively they'd get to the basket and make their move, but as soon as it came to release the ball, it would be so...composed? Can't find the right word, but you know what I mean, right?

14. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I've just notice a lot of late passes from the guards with the exception of JJ and Braggs.

15. NClady

NClady Contributing Member

Here is another one:

http://yaoming.newclub.sohu.com/thr...ock=false&unarchive=false&tstart=-1&trange=-1

translated by zf007 in a yao fan's site

The media always call a hero by his success or not. What a truism. Everyone knows nobody can make no mistakes, so does play basketball. May people think SF is selfish sometimes which I admit. But don’t forget, if this can bring victories to the team, every one in the team will feed the ball to him, which is also required by the coach. NBA’s rule is that in every team, there’re one or two stars (except Lakes) who make early shots in the beginning of the game and continue to do so if those shoots fall, otherwise the others will step up and take over. In all, whoever can make shots, he is allowed to do so until his shots don’t fall. Those stars would not have been a star if they can only make shots in just few games, instead they have been doing so for years and as a result, they are allowed to continue to do so. The rule of game here is that although one-on-one play has been reduced by Jeff, he still has to rely on those stars(to play one-on-one sometimes). As a result, what I want to let you all know is that the so-called selfish play seen by some of you there, most of the time, is game strategy. I said before that nobody can make no mistakes, even us, attention please, I said us, SF, CM and I all can make mistakes sometime, so please be nice.

16. zenithnadir

zenithnadir Member

Jeff Van Gundy is a smart man.

Yao has the inate skills to be a dominate player. It is only his mindset and environment that pulls him off track.

17. jamma34

jamma34 Member

trade yao ming!!!! we need players who strive for perfection!!!!!! trade him now!!!

(that was sarcastic btw, im just sick of all these damn trade everyone threads)

18. lavarock

lavarock Contributing Member

BTW Yao said he felt the biggest problem is turnover, and Jeff agreed, based on the above paragraph.
    Just a little correction:p

19. NClady

NClady Contributing Member

Also I think "“Æ" is not mean 'selfish' as zf007 translated (which I quoted), I think it more mean 'isolation'

20. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

I mean, is anyone else just so blown away that he talks about this stuff online that it makes the actual substance of what he is saying hard to even concentrate on? A star athlete with a sincere weblog? Doesn't that go against every single thing anyone ever teaches young athletes? This is too good to be true. But it does not look made up... I give it two more weeks, someone is going to get wind of it and make him shut it down. Or have Boki write it or something.