1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McCullers to DL

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by justtxyank, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

AJ Reed? Lol

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Good thing we traded for a solid Starting Pitcher!

Wait... o_O

3. Malaya

Malaya Member

Can we just call up Whitley? I don't want to see Feliz sucking. Whitley would at least make the struggling/losing interesting.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Never a doubt in my mind that he would spend some more time on the DL, it was a given.

The million dollar question is will he be good to go in a month.

DunKingDanny likes this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Breaking news

Lance said in an interview today he "doesn't think he'll be out for the season".

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Not sure why people think this move means we should've made a move for a SP

Either we're winning the division or not. I say we are, sans LMJ, Springer, and Correa rest of season (if it came to that, which it won't)

With that, it's about the playoffs. If they believe a DL stint will help get LMJ back to ready for the playoffs, there's no additional need for a SP based on this info

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  7. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Knew it smh he didnt look right

this is f-ed up

8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

uhh. Wall has been hitting Lance lately. Hope he goes and gets his head screwed on straight or whatever mechanics are hosed fixed. Hell did he simply give his curveball to Fiers. One has to wonder.

KevinsBacon likes this.
  9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

So the rotation is what? Keuchel, McHugh, Morton, Fiers and Peacock?

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's already hit the wall. Now we're scraping him off the floor, and trying to piece him back together.

T for 3 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

McCullers:

Coming off last time, I thought I was where I needed to be. That was the case for maybe the first start & half. Since then, I've been trying to get better mid-week & grind through the starts. I knew at the time when Dallas & Colin were out, we were thin, I was trying to eat up innings & go out there. At some point, enough is enough. Colin & Dallas are back now. Talking to everyone, it was the right time to address it again. I think we have a better plan of action going forward now to get ready. Our main goal & focus is to win a World Series & I need to be 100% and a part of that.

How long will you be out?

Don't know. Similar to the first time. Day to day. I saw the doctors this morning. Feel like we have a better game plan this time around. Not the rest of the year but we'll take our time & make sure I'm right.

Was it a thing where you never felt completely back or did you feel better & get worse again?

I felt fine. I felt fine against Seattle, here against the Yankees. We thought we had it under control & it came back. I've been trying to pitch through it. I tried to tell myself learning from last year if something was wrong, I'd speak up but I think your pride & wanting to help teammates regardless of how you feel because I know they're not all 100% but at some point, enough is enough. I had to get it addressed again.

McCullers on Astros trade activity: "I think the guys we have here on capable of winning a ring for the Houston fans."

Luhnow:

Lance is focused on helping when it matters most. We're focused on having Lance when it matters most. All these guys want to come back as soon as possible during the season. Sometimes you come back & don't feel rested or healed enough. We saw it with Dallas the first time & Lance now. We're in a fortunate position now where we can give them good rest & let them fully heal. Dallas is feeling tremendous now, from what I hear. He should be good to go. We want Lance to be in that same boat - no lingering effects & at 100%. We have Peacock & others we can put back in the rotation. I don't think we'll skip a beat.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  12. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Bummer, but not surprising in the least.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

All star curse. Altuve the only one who hasn't missed a beat

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

with all the rest the Stros MIGHT end up with one of the most rested pitching rotations come playoff time..might not look like that now but maybe by then...having the luxury of moving Friers,Peacock and Moran into the bullpen etc