1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Play Morey in 2K with new Analytics tool

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

What's that about Carmelo you say?

2. Sunbear

Sunbear Member

Thanks for the feedback!

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Woah. You work there? I didn't realize I was giving a developer feedback. Yeah. I love the My GM mode. Can't get into playing the games. I'd love it if there were a simplified version where one button was shoot and maybe it determines how you shoot based on where you are at the court. one button for pass. one button for steal. etc. Combos kill my interest in games. I'm probably in the minority though so I understand if that's not a viable option. I still really enjoy playing 2K the way I play it and think you guys are doing a fantastic job.

da_juice likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

That's cool and all but 2k has become too much of a cash grab the last couple of years. Not to mention that awful spike lee storyline for my player a couple of games back

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You are not alone. A lot of us old-timers from the Sega Genesis days miss the simplicity of the old days.

Williamson likes this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Awesome deal. I get to re-live my childhood memories again.
    [​IMG]

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Love 2k. Wish they made the power dancers look more realistic though. Gotta make those half time shows realistic.

Calebhardin9 likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I really don't want to spend 15 minutes watching 8 year olds dance at Toyota center while playing a video game.

da_juice likes this.
  9. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Just what the world needs: more charlatans attempting to conduct "statistical analysis" without being properly licensed as statisticians.

I don't see the point of analytics in a 2K game. The player ratings are transparent and there is no need to "scout" the players to figure out what they are good at. Want a good rebounder? Get the guy with the high rebound rating.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

my favorite part of my gm is the ping pong tournaments in between seasons

Cash Cam likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not enough urbanization of the Toyota Center experience

12. gotsis

gotsis Member

Actually excited about the additions, love the GM mode.

Hope they really refine trade intelligence and especially the draft class generator, today it's too predictable. Top 3 are good players, most of the rest suck. I want to, for example, be able to find a hidden gem in the second round, but that doesn't happen.

Maybe hide the final rating of draft class so it's harder to know who is good and who isn't.

Cash Cam likes this.
  13. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Glad to hear that there are others! Most of the GM/Franchise modes are getting better than the gameplay anyway. Plus, once you get too good for the gameplay it gets boring.

My biggest issue is time; who has time to play the actual gameplay? I realize I am not no longer the targeted demographic, but between work, church, and family, I just can't dedicate that many hours. GM mode is an easier vice to manage.

da_juice, jch1911 and Williamson like this.
  14. Sunbear

Sunbear Member

Livin' Da Dream was ambitious, for sure. Writing the script, shooting the movie, creating the environment and engineering the flow in one year was a lot to handle, but I'm proud of the way it came together. Lots of people worked really hard on it.

If 2K16's story wasn't your jam, I'm excited to hear your thoughts on 2K18. Won't be long!

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I think they need to fix online play, some of the animations for players, the models of the players and faces look really good this year, make my player more interesting and don't have cheesy storylines like with Orange Juice last year, and don't make it a cash grab