1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 - 2018 will be Ryan Anderson's year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gqgeo, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Looking forward to your explanation on how CP3 will get Ryno out of his Toyota Center struggles

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I wish the Toyota center and him could reconcile their differences

3. SemisolidSnake

If he is staying, I hope the first thing Chris Paul says to him is "Learn to shoot from the f-ing 3-pt line, not 5-10 ft behind it."

4. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed, they have to get him confident at home. There has to be something causing his shooting woes in TC. He was elite on the road but way below starter let alone rotation player at home a majority of games. Impossible to explain. I think if he fixes his home woes and keeps drilling on the road he becomes a decent asset.

It is funny how Anderson is mentioned as needing 2 1st round picks when much worse player in this league have been offloaded for much much less. I don't think I have seen a player in this league dumped for 2 1st round picks. Can anyone help me on that? Hopefully Morey b****slapped them. Obviously Anderson has his issues but these issues seem fixable. (performing better at home games and showing up in the playoffs) which he has proven he can do in the past. So I am glad Morey is not just looking to dump him for peanuts.

5. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

Ryno will be in straight BEAST mode this year!

BoneYardDog likes this.
  6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We should just have less red and red lights at TC.

7. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

8. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

ok..so no more melo talk, it's not Rhino season? how many Ryno threads are we going to have?

J.R. likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't know why we need the other one, when this one was created three weeks ago.

But the internet loves childish trolls, and our DMoF attention w**** that we created will keep bumping his Ryno thread like he did the X-factor thread over and over.

Even after a Melo trade, he'll still bump his Ryno thread, because he's a child using the GARM as his playground....who's not even a Rockets fan.

#49 heypartner, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Cash Cam and RockWest like this.
  10. heypartner

I don't think he had an off year.

Red Chocolate likes this.
  11. heypartner

You know one of those years is the Lock-out year where he played a full season.

So, three out of last six season have been injury free. And a 4th was 66 games.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I guess more of an "off playoffs", and he just didn't seem to be as much of a go-to scorer as he has been in the past most of the season.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

When does this thread go to the Dish? He might have a wonderful season but with all the talk about him getting traded, he will probably have to be moved somewhere. I guess we'll see what happens Tuesday at 5:45 or Friday.

14. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Rhino for Lebron straight up at trade deadline confirmed

15. heypartner

What's ironic is if he keeps producing as well as he did last year (I mean, he had a Ryan Anderson year), then after this next year is over, many teams will consider his contract a value contract at that point....at 2yrs/ $40m. And then the last year, it's better than Redick's.

16. heypartner

Yes, but that can't possibly happen again, right? :confused: Which is what the thread's about. If he even comes close to matching his 45% away shooting, he'll have his best year ever. And a Ryan Anderson best year ever, is worth what $3m less than what Redick is being paid, right?

Ramo$e likes this.
  17. heypartner

Are you talking playoff %? Well then Harden needs to redeem himself too. Right? And why does every forget he had 4 great games vs the Spurs, and a game winner? Hell, if you take the 6 games stats (1-11) out of his playoff numbers, since it became a farce of a game quickly, and not due to Ryno, he even looks good to great. And that 6th game is a throw-away game anyhow.

I'm with you. When did we go from Ryno had a fine year, but he's overpaid, to Ryno's year sucked. I don't get it.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Not sure how CP3 is going to make him better when he's a blazer.

19. heypartner

Like Ariza doesn't already fit that argument and he didn't offset the deficiencies. Do you think Paul George's defense will offset Kantar's deficiencies and Kanter won't be put on an island by MDA's offensive schemes anymore

I'm not saying Ryno had a bad year, but the only improvement will come from an even higher 3pt shooting year, not by getting more Ariza type players to pair him with.

Argument still is that you don't overpay someone because other players offset his deficiencies. It's not like he'll get more minutes or higher offensive production

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

As in they will play the 4 during moments when defense is needed..