1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

So whats the next great melo thread?

That pounder one fizzled and burned out pretty quickly.

@DrexlerFan any insight to melo?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I predict nothing but failed threads until we see [Official] Melo to Rockets

3. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

If Paul the octopus was still around, he would have already given us the correct date and time. I'm giving you permission to make a Chris Paul the octopus account.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Don't think he was banned (yet).

5. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

OMG!!! Nothing breaking but I just heard something.

I have a friend who is friends with a friend of mine whose friend has a friend thats friends with a friend that works at Mcdonalds near Toyota Center. We are all good friends. Just wanted to let you all know.

Should I start a new thread?

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it DESERVES its own thread

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

X2.....

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder who will be the lucky guy to hoard all those "likes".

TheMystery008 and DonKnock like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I believe he just gave us his insight last night with his 28 page Melo thread.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

11. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

When Melo becomes a Rocket and I loss my job for checking ClutchFans to much...

[​IMG]

12. alin86

alin86 Member

It makes more sense Knicks may hold up Melo trade talk until the situation of Kyrie solved. Obviously their hope is to land Kyrie without giving up KP, or at least see if they have any oppourtunity before indeed trade Melo.

Some thinking, without KP, the best offer Knicks can make is Melo, F.Ntinikina, their 2018 first rounder pick. The delimma is Melo doesn't want to traded to CLE when Kyrie is out & Lebron possible out next year, and the Cavs has little interest on the assets. The players Knicks are offering are either too old or too young, and CLE would like someone useful for both another championship run and possible re-build.

So if Knicks want to gain some realistic traction, they need (1) get some veterans Cavs is interested in Melo-Ryan three or four way trade (2) get at least a very solid young (starter) player for F.Ntinikina and FRP.

Both are hard tasks, how can a team give up good veteran for Ryan Anderson? And there is little chance team give up very promising young starters for a guard doesn't play single game and a estimated 10~14# pick.

There is no clearly targets and I just give some thinking. If think more, that should go to wrong direction. For guess, Denver may be one team willing to trade young prospects for Ntinikina and FRP, Gary Harris is a good player but his contract expiring next year, they can't pay both him and Nikola Jokic , and they already have Jamal Murray. Wilson Chandler should be a player Cavs likes. If Detroit want to take Ryan, does Cavs like Reggie Jackson? I don't know.

Just ignore the grammer and spelling error which I should made some.

francis 4 prez, Mathloom and DonKnock like this.
  13. aroundtheblock2

One thing that I keep coming back to in regards to Melo/Cavs is the fact that Melo in their starting lineup with Love and LeBron makes little to no sense. You play Love at the 5 and basically have to defensive bigs? Melo is best at the 4, and he can't defend 3s, so then what? That leaves LeBron defending 2s or 3s? It just seems like one big mess in terms of matchups. There are many reasons the Cavs shouldn't trade for Melo, and how he fits on their team is one of those IMO. You don't trade for Melo and then have him come off the bench.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Stephen A. does have direct access to Melo

I'm gonna have to go and listen to what he was saying for myself

DonKnock likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Personally, I think this guy is the holdup:

He signed a deal on July 6th, so he can't be traded for 30 days. I think we're all waiting for that moratorium period to end for Melo. I think he's got to be part of the deal to make it worth it for New York.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Did Smith not hear about Pounder's thread? whata scrub.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I just made an argument that Zhou Qi may help with this trade.....but now I would like to argue my argument.
    If the team is for sale, and there is potential for Chinese buyers, not sure if trading away Zhou Qi would be likely.
    I don't know much, but just saying...

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Interesting take on this lol. Really interesting.

19. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I heard him live. He is basically saying the Rockets dont have enough for Melo and that Melo should suck it up and allow himself to be traded to the Cavs for Kyrie since Kyrie really wants to be a Knick.

He said that he knows for Sure HOU wont give up EG. He also said Ryno isnt enough for Melo, Capela isnt enough, and Ariza isnt enough. He is speaking as a Knicks homer as always and isnt understanding that Melo's value is low and him having a NTC makes it even lower.

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

but we already got Chinau Onuaku to appease the new china owner

RudyTBag, DonKnock and SamFisher like this.