1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving wants out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Jul 21, 2017.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I have to believe if the Suns offered Bledsoe + Warren + 2018 Miami 1st + 2019 Phoenix 1st (top 10 protected) for Irving = good haul for Cavs
    If the Suns were to agree to take on Shumpert + Frye in exchange for Chandler + Dudley = Cavs get a hell of a deal.
    With the 2nd option, the Cavs maintain strong roster to challenge GSW / Celts for this year as well as prepare for potential LAL (Life After Lebron) ;)
    2018 Cavs would be Bledsoe / Felder + Smith / Korver + Warren / Dudley + Love / Thompson + Chandler / Tavares. They would have a ton of expiring contracts (Bledsoe, Chandler. Dudley) + a couple of 1st rounders to rebuild their roster.

Suns would be young, but with a solid base of Irving / Ulis + Booker / Shumpert + Chriss / Jackson + Bender / Williams + Len / Frye. They would still have their own 2018 1st to find another big. Plus they would have some $$$ in 2018 to pursue a mid-profile free agent.

Just my $.02

Koperboy likes this.
  2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Question -- if the Cavs decided to trade both Kyrie and Love, what is the best single player they could get in return? For instance, if they offered Irving and Love and 1st rounder for Davis and Asik, is there any chance the Pels would do that? And, if not Davis and the Pels, what is the best single player the Cavs could get.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon.

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Sounds about right.

5. Mr. Space City

nobody is answering the most important question.

what happens to the nba 2k18 cover?

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes you never mentioned Knicks getting Love...because you never really came up with a proposal you just kept saying I'm narrow minded and making vague statements like multiple teams can be involved, picks and expirings could be had etc.

Those things can apply to any trade in the NBA. You can tell me GSW will never trade Durant for Dirk and I can say you are very narrow minded, there can be multiple teams involved, picks and expirings would be valuable to a team paying lots of luxury tax etc.that is how vague the statements you keep making are.

My original post is saying a 3 team deal between Houston, Knicks and Cavs will never happen. You never said Knicks would get Love for Melo, what would they get then? Why would Cavs be involved if they don't get Melo and don't lose Irving or Love? Why bother having them in the deal? It doesn't make any sense, just like your posts.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude has the body of Malone, how about you go to Lebron and tell him how he isn't intimidating to his face? Lmao

Lebron is smart, just because he has a big body doesn't mean he throws his weight around and bully other people with violence.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude has the body of Malone, how about you go to Lebron and tell him how he isn't intimidating to his face? Lmao

Lebron is smart, just because he has a big body doesn't mean he throws his weight around and bully other people with violence.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

jnuge90 likes this.
  10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If I'm Kyrie I would take my talents to the Spurs and would like to coach by Greg popovich.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20153424/blame-cleveland-cavaliers-chaotic-offseason

5. Where will Kyrie Irving play in 2017-18?
    Adande: Cleveland ... at least at the beginning. With two years left on his contract, Irving doesn't have the leverage to force his way out or dictate where he'll go. With no definitive word from LeBron about his next move, the Cavs don't know whether to go for veterans or youngsters/picks. The best move is to keep him around and hope he goes on an extended hot streak.

Haberstroh: Phoenix. I think an Eric Bledsoe and Jared Dudley swap should do it. I wouldn't put Josh Jackson in the deal if I'm the Suns. The Cavs don't have many realistic suitors who can offer a really good young point guard who plays defense and an ideal role player like Dudley.

McMenamin: Minnesota. A trade package centered on Andrew Wiggins would be a poetic twist on the Cavs' roller-coaster ride since 2014. And Jimmy Butlerand Karl Anthony-Towns, sources tell me, have been lobbying both Irving and the Wolves' decision-makers to make it happen. If the package included Jeff Teague (albeit with a do-not-break-glass-until-Dec.-15 caveat to it), it would give Cleveland the potential to be better in a seven-game series against Golden State. And I write that knowing full well that Irving averaged nearly 30 points in this year's Finals.

Shelburne: Miami. The team that gets Kyrie is going to have to be OK with giving up a lot of young assets for a player who could leave in two years. So the four teams on his list have an advantage in knowing he'd be likely to stay there beyond his current contract. Minnesota can probably offer the most, but it's hard to see them parting with Andrew Wiggins, given coach Tom Thiobdeau's valuation of defense. The Heat are dying for a young star, and Pat Riley and Andy Elisburg are both creative and bold enough to find a way to get this deal done. I think the Cavs will be worse after dealing him, because right now there's no real leverage for Cleveland to push for multiple picks or young players.

Windhorst: Phoenix has the best cadre of assets to make a deal. Regardless of their current negotiating position, they probably could make it happen. They have to evaluate their timeline and the risk of Irving leaving in free agency, but that's the team. After that, Minnesota. As for Cleveland, I have no idea what their future will look like until I see what they get for Irving.​

Vivi likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Bledsoe and Dudley should get it done for Irving? Haberstroh is nut.

Denver can also offer Murray, Chandler or Barton, picks...other bench ready guys like Arthur, Faried...

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, just when you thought a superstar couldn't get traded for less.

Busted up Bledsoe & Dudley?

16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

QTNA [​IMG]

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Imho he's just wrong, Bledsoe is a bit overrated, he had also two or three (can't remember now) knee surgeries already...Dudley is a cool dude and a nice bench player but yeah, if that's a package good enough to get Irving with his current contract, we should be able to trade Anderson and Troy Williams for Melo.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

These writers confusing the situations between Kyrie and Carmelo.

Kyrie has absolutely no leverage to pick and chose what team he wants to go to or what time he wants to be dealt. He's still a young star that could develop into a superstar talent, which he's on the cusp of but not quite there just yet.

Carmelo on the other hand, has a no trade clause and is a 33 year old all star who doesn't need or want to be on a rebuilding team.

Those two players have requested trade but their situations and scenarios couldn't be more different. ESPN really needs to reconsider their writers on these types of articles.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member