1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza likely gone with Ryno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brewer's goat, Jul 24, 2017.

1. hakeemthagreat

Yes. Cousins & Love were putting up superstar caliber numbers, but on bad teams. If they put up the same numbers on a chamionship team we'd be calling them top 5 in the game. Melo is better than Love & Cousins

2. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

Ariza is the new Battier. Gotta have a glue guy.

jch1911 likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

i guess at least you're consistent even though your superstar label is much farther out for such a elite label. none of those guys are superstars to me

4. hakeemthagreat

A superstar imo, is a guy you can build a solid team around while being a contender. U may disagree, but i think had Morey been the GM of the Knicks we'd see Melo's career in a whole different light. Melo ofcourse chose the $$$ over winning but that doesnt mean he doesnt have a superstar skillset

jch1911 and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  5. rockpileindisma

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

a superstar to me is a guy a team is built around and not only does he produce numbers but those numbers actually translate to wins consistently. Putting up numbers on whatever team doesn't matter to me, if it doesn't result it positive results for the team. It just proves that player isn't good enough to have that type of impact as the best player. true superstars win. And as i mentioned before for such an elite label, there's only a few that fit that criteria. I don't throw around a player being a superstar as if so many players across the league are equal.

If guys like Love and Cousins were considered superstars to you, that would put them in the same light as Lebron, KD, curry, etc and nothing tells me that is even close to true. but if your definition is consistent enough since your superstars include a much wider range, then that's your perspective

Zboy likes this.
  7. Pounder

Pounder Member

There's no need for foul language. If you have nothing nice to say, best to just not say anything.

8. rockpileindisma

What do you pound

Calebhardin9 likes this.
  9. Pounder

Pounder Member

Uh...That's private...

10. Pounder

Pounder Member

This question low key rattled me

Why not? likes this.
  11. Moleb

Moleb Member

Yeah I agree, Im glad clutch laid the hammer down and said that fake Melo threads would be instant ban. It was getting out of control.

12. rockpileindisma

With yo scary ass

13. Pounder

Pounder Member

slow 'dine'

Cash Cam and rockpileindisma like this.
  14. hakeemthagreat

That criteria is flawed & a bit shallow. Do u know how many players who played for horrible teams & organizations, that went elsewhere & became franchise players? Take Isiah Thomas. Guy played for Sacramento & was a after thought. Played for Phoenix nobody cared. Ends up in Boston where he put up superstar caliber numbers. You cant judge win & losses when a player is in a terribly ran organization.

15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Ariza is the glue guy leader in the group. He is the only one with a ring. He's the only one that keeps Harden in check. Takes on the toughest assignments and still makes shots.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not really. Isaiah put in the work and got be better to be as good as he is now. Yes you most certainly can judge. That's how you know if you have a winning player or not. Which separates guys from each other

But then again you have this huge list of superstars that puts the elite in the same group as others so of course you wouldn't see that

17. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I highly doubt either one takes Ariza's starting spot.
    If anything, I see Tucker taking Rynos 4 spot IF we don't get rid of him b4 training camp.

don grahamleone and atam like this.
  18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

that sounds good to me. that way ryno can play whenever harden rests, limiting their minutes when they are on the floor together. we want to make it about five minutes a game in the playoffs. its too much of a liablity to have two weak defenders playing at once.

19. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

OP should be banned per Clutch's new strict rule.

20. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

You are free to get your own blog, trailer-park.