1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Lakers fans can forgive Kobe for quitting, why can't we forgive Harden for quitting?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jul 25, 2017.

?

Should we forgive Harden for quitting on us?

1. No, I have grown to HATE JAMES FRAUDEN.

18.8%
  2. Yes, only when he brings us a championship.

81.3%
  1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

[​IMG]

2. Pounder

Pounder Member

I remember Yao frustrated the hell out of me back then. I'll never forget what Boozer did to him in the playoffs.

swyyyguy likes this.
  3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

No, I mostly blame the coaching for that.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Fandom is a fickle beast... and I sure hate to go against our won players whether they be current or ex..... but could you remind us how many rings Tracy won for us? It tends to slip my mind and only comes up when idiots decide to show their idiocracy.

5. atam

atam Member

Kobe brought them 2 rings and an MVP after. Had that not been the case, I'm not sure that they would have.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't recall this happening. I do recall Yao getting punked by floppers a lot.
    Meanwhile, I remember a game where only 4 Rockets scored (Rafer chipped in 6).
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200704260UTA.html

TWO GUYS PLAYED MORE THAN 14 MINUTES AND HAD OFFENSIVE RATINGS OF ZERO.

7. onreego

onreego Member

I can accept that McGrady didn't have the team around him for most of his time in Houston. However he squandered the opportunity with a legit line up in 09 with the maturity level of Dwight Howard. Didn't take his rehab seriously until it was too late. Killed a Vince Carter deal by announcing surgery through Stephen A. and never consulting with the team.

Try to pass the blame off to Yao if you want. But the one chance he got with a decent team we almost beat the eventual champs with him on one leg.

Harden has his flaws but even with those, he's taken this team much further than McGrady ever took the Rockets. Whatever happened in Game 6 it's over. We have a new line up now and new season to look forward to. You don't like him? Cool. But you know you were trolling with this thread.

MajorSeanBond likes this.
  8. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Tmac has onion rings that he got from the sonic drive thru.

9. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Dude shouldn't be allowed to start threads anymore. He's never posted anything interesting or thought provoking, no hot takes, just hot trash. Go to the mavs forum jabrony

Reeko, HTM and Obito like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tmac not doing drugs and not being bankrupt after his career is a major achievement........

11. napalm06

In the two Utah Jazz series, TMac and Yao were pulling a cart full of corpses up a jagged mountain while getting kicked in the face. And they ALMOST did it!

In last year's Spurs series, Harden single-handedly blew game 5 with bad decisions and then sulked in game 6, getting blown out against the Spurs without Kawhi. You can't equate the two.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

By not forgiving, what are you guys proposing?
    So he came up short without a lot of help. To me there is a difference in quitting like I don't care and running out of gas can't find another gear. I don't think Harden was the former. So there is no forgiving or not forgiving, just find him more help, which we did. Jordan didn't win until Pippen arrived, and Kobe didn't win until they got Gasol in the the second stint.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

You are completely missing the point. It's not about winning or losing. You can lose if you go down swinging. You CANNOT lose WHILE QUITTING.

napalm06 likes this.
  14. HTM

HTM Member

f*ck swyygyy he is a lame ass Mavs troll.

It's impossible to get banned on here though apparently.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

So what are you proposing? Trade him? He is who he is and he probably can't do it alone all by himself. This past season, IMO, we over achieved. So far, outside Dwight years, he has been pretty much on his own. With Dwight, we did go to WCF lost to the super Warriors, so there was no shame in that if you ask me. Be patient, give him a little bit more time.

16. napalm06

Definitely gotta take the troll's side on this one.

Losing while giving effort = sucks
    Losing while quitting = much worse.

People point to the Toronto game and what not about TMac and say that he was faking his knee problems and didn't inform Adelman, etc etc.

The Adelman thing is a huge mystery, but the hate for getting surgery in 2009 is sour grapes. TMac was worth $20M/year and after that surgery moved his way down the bench and out of the league over the next 3 years; he couldn't even really jump at that point. He wouldn't make the decision to get surgery as a joke, or as some ploy to screw the fans, with years of $20M salary at risk. Heck, Vince Carter is still making appearances.

McGrady could still be around in the league, and Yao too, except for injury. To sit around and unequivocally call TMac a quitter is just the Clutchfans echo-chamber at work.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

What makes you think he quit and didn't want to compete, b/c Tmac said so?

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If you're willing to ignore ALL of last season to focus on one bad game, you're the kind of thoughtless person I don't want to talk to about basketball.

Yes, he had a bad game.

If that's the one you're going to use to define him, I don't respect your opinion.

Tha_Dude, Reeko and Obito like this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Why should he get banned though? People are over reacting. It's not like this is a fake news thread lol.

Do we want to ban anyone that doesnt have the same view as us?

swyyyguy likes this.
  20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Define losing while quitting?
    So not quitting = putting up 40 shots like Wesbrick? Then yall say at least he tried.
    He had little help.