1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

you sure have. even in orlando when they had him as their featured player, he was the same player. they were terrible. he came along to a better team and still is the same exact player. no improvement whatsoever. again good luck with that if you're expecting some drastic change. there would be a case if he actually showed some type of significant progress or change in his game but he didn't. he is who he is. blaming it on the mvp is just dumb

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Rockets can afford to wait as well. We aren't in desperate need of Melo.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

No city is going to be like new York for melo, but at least in Houston he can go to nice strip clubs with James and Paul. Oklahoma city? He can go cow tipping with russ?

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Our need isn't the reason. The longer this draws out, the longer it gives Melo to change his mind. Yes, all reports say how committed he is to Houston. But tomorrow is a new day. And a week or a month from now, who knows? But this is why I say its in NY best interest currently to stall.

Hakeemtheking and Starvela like this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And what's wrong with that? Ultimately, I feel comfortable marching out there with Anderson instead of Melo. Melo is clearly better, but it's not like Anderson is a scrub. I would much rather us go out there as is then to do something stupid because we got impatient.

Jontro likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

change his mind to what. theres little reason for hou to rush given the situation

its obvious he's motivated for this upcoming season. And i doubt its bc he gets to stay in NY to play with hardaway jr, be a losing team, and not make the playoffs once again

7. SS0101

SS0101 Member

The longer this takes the more melo hates the knicks. He ain't changing his mind.

8. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

I think he was referring to changing his mind as far as where he wants to get traded it or waive his no-trade clause..And frankly, that's where I worry to and I wouldn't blame him, i'm sure he wants/needs to know where he will be playing to play, find a new home, etc. I could see Melo telling DM/Rockets, I tried and bought you'll time but I have to figure my future out sooner rather than later!!

9. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Which would be doing the kinks a favor. I don't think he is interested in that. It is CP3 or LBJ. He isn't going anywhere else. He will work a buyout before expanding his list.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I doubt he's being advised badly enough for that to be a possibility. You don't surrender leverage, you ram it home

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Hopefully Burt Steele comes through in the clutch for us

DonKnock likes this.
  12. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Carmelo is a loyal guy, according to various reports. He picked the Rockets, he is committed to playing with his best bud CP3. He has matured and understands that MDA's offense, with the two best passers in the NBA, these role players are going to kill it.

Anthony to Portland and OKC is the Knicks way of keeping the organization talked of in the media and try to put pressure on Melo.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Then who cares? He's an upgrade to Ryan Anderson. He's not an upgrade to an Anderson/Gordon combo or Anderson/Capela combo. We're not rushing into a trade for a declining star just because he might change his mind about going elsewhere. Cleveland didn't rush to trade Love for Melo just because we were on the 2-yard line a few weeks ago. I'd rather roll into the season with what we have and see what other opportunities pop up rather than chase after Melo with our good assets.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Not about going back to NY, about his willingness to play for another team (waive his no trade clause) besides Houston and Cleveland.

15. romain

romain Member

DonKnock and Chamillionaire like this.
  16. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

Actually, you just watch Westbrook while he does all the cow tipping.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

18. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

19. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Moe Harkless with the cryptic tweet....

DonKnock likes this.
  20. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

It would actually be really funny if Portland ended up facilitating the deal to get Melo here after all their smugness.

Vivi likes this.