1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The Knicks are playing two games of poker. One, with Morey to up the assets. Two, with Melo to adjust his trade destinations.
    Melo is holding on to Houston but we don't have ANY insight to his thought process. The GMs are easy to predict (OF COURSE Portland and OKC want Melo. That means nothing.) Melo, on the other hand, is harder to predict. But I know from personal experience, once a place is poisoned for you, going back is never an attractive option.

da_juice likes this.
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

[​IMG]

...if I'm not top 100 :D

BigMaloe and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It should be the Knicks.....but that would only be the case if they were even a little bit competent. Given that they are not, they probably don't realize how bad it would be for them.

amaru likes this.
  4. ch44

ch44 Member

Houston is talking with NY again. Still a similar trade structure that requires 3 or 4 teams to complete the deal. It was dead quiet for a while though after being nearly a done deal. I'm sure you guys were feeling a lot of the same frustration as the front office.

The best things in our favor is that Melo wants to be here and Gilbert overvalues his guys a ton. I think the Kyrie news becoming public slows things down even more though. Does a 3rd team want to help us if they can potentially be part of a Kyrie deal instead? Do the Knicks want to send Melo here if they think the Cavs will stop demanding Porzingis as well?

Melo doesn't want to get bought out. He knows a contending team will need his bird rights to pay him.

5. romain

romain Member

Is Chris allowed to call Melo directly to have his true idea of where he wants to go?

6. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Bottle of children's or pills. Either way you should be getting very relaxed!

7. today

today Contributing Member

@ch44 Several twitter insiders have said a deal would be finished early this week. Have you heard anything like that or have an opinion on it?

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I appreciate whatever news you might have. For example, which teams might want Ryan Anderson (I don't want to include EGO, but we'll have to give to get, and we don't want to yield Capela, I'm sure).

DonKnock likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

I was first to break out news too like Luc Mbah A Moute, Kyrie etc. I should be top 10 as well

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yep

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

As always, thanks for the info you are able to share.

HakeemOnlyFan and DonKnock like this.
  12. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the update! News has been so slow recently. Any idea how close it is getting this time around?

DonKnock likes this.
  13. ch44

ch44 Member

The 2 yard stuff was true, and there was a interception returned about 90 yards by Steve Mills. There were no talks for a while after that and I feared it was dead. New York is just in absolutely no rush, so who knows, could be tomorrow, could be training camp. They don't really have a team direction right now and there is no market for Melo with his NTC.

If you're NY, what is your play? Hold out and hope for a better offer since you aren't competing any time soon anyway? I think they know our offer is something they can fall back on later.

Deuce, ilovehtownbb, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

yes

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If NY wants Melo to expand his destination list, one way to do it is to look on the surface like your trying to appease him, but in reality, stalling the trade process with Houston as long as possible for the very reason you stated. NY can continue to play this game, Houston and Melo can not. So Houston and Melo need to work together to either expose NY's real intentions publicly and try to turn the public and media against them, and/or to somehow make it in NY's best interest to do this deal sooner rather than later.

mikol13 and napalm06 like this.
  16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

They are just waiting for Tuesday. 5:45 pm.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If it happens, it will be an absolute STEELE.

18. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

All this BS bores me. Is anyone up for a game of basketball?

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  19. Dirge

Dirge Member

I'm game (as long as I get to be "skins")...

[​IMG]

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No we haven't. We've seen how he can look alongside a ballhog that rarely allows him to get shots to get a rhythm. Prior to coming to OKC he had more value than everyone on our team not named Harden. The same goes for Adams and arguably Kanter, prior to the Westbrook show last year.