1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. romain

romain Member

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

Yes. What's the point of making it to the WCF if you'd be lucky just to get one win from GSW?

Just because rockets make it to the WCF, doesn't mean they're contenders.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Good article from Zach Lowe on the Kyrie sweepstakes, with plenty of clues why something involving Melo isn't likely (even if he were willing to go there).

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ving-cleveland-cavaliers-potential-trades-nba

That's certainly not a Carmelo Anthony + future picks package.

That's the other part of the equation — the hot take folks don't ever consider it from Phoenix's perspective. Why would Phoenix take Frank Ntilikina and a future 1st instead of simply taking Irving? Phoenix already has a ton of extremely young players, and they've shown a desire several times to go after proven veterans to supplement that core. If Eric Bledsoe is the main piece in an Irving trade, my bet is on Kyrie going to Phoenix.

DonKnock, BigMaloe, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  4. The Cat

So who would be contenders, then? Is Chris just going to stop playing basketball and retire, based on GSW's dominance?

Manos likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's been a couple days since I thanked Ryan Anderson for being a dud in the playoffs and hurting his leaguewide value, so...

Thanks, Ryan. Thanks.

arabrocket and Invisible Fan like this.
  6. finsraider

finsraider Member

Disagree on both points.

Kanter will see the same market Greg Monroe did and opt in. I would argue that Monroe might be better. Kanter was unplayable vs Houston, which means he would be unplayable vs. GSW, Cleveland and San Antonio. It's also why Okafor has become virtually worthless on the trade market in just two years after being drafted #2 overall.

4 years $100 million for the what...#15 starting center in the league? Don't get me wrong...Adams isn't a worthless player, but neither is Anderson. The difference is you can play Anderson when other teams go small....you can't play Adams. And Adams is signed for an extra year and $40 million more.

No Chance, HakeemOnlyFan and YOLO like this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Is Dwight 50/50 yet? Anyone tracking the plane?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

so if only 4 teams are left in a tournament, who would be considered the contenders? just the two playing in the finals?

Manos and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  9. Ryris

Ryris Member

Personally think both melo and Chris Paul's game will age very well. They don't rely on athletecism, but strength and technique. Not to worried about their ages especially next to a young harden who has proven he can create for them, and get them open looks.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. The Cat

The market has contracted significantly this year, as evidenced by some of the bargain contracts, and the cap flattens out moving forward. I agree with this... I don't see Kanter opting out in this environment.

Nook and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Teams apparently love to trade stars to OKC for shitty packages as of late, so I wouldn't discount it happening. But no credible report on Melo willing to waive the no-trade clause to go to OKC yet, so we'll see I guess.

J.R. likes this.
  13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Still no credible anything. Bill Simmons says things all the time. He isn't credible.

14. Mr. Motiejunas

Bill Simmons is a punk.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

In before Melo for Doug McBuckets and Anthony Morrow

16. mockster

mockster Member

It just wouldn't make sense on Melos part

Paul Goerge could leave next year, OKC would unload even more of there depth for Melo. Rockets would give him 2 stats and an amazing role players and depth

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Good points on the bold part. Even though situations and the market can change in one year, in the end it takes only one team to like him...but again, you made good point so i can actually agree here.

On the Adams/Anderson part we have to agree to disagree though, not that i'm a fan of Adams contract, but he's absolutely worth few millions more than Anderson, and i don't have any doubt that if OKC would put him on the market they would get assets back for him fairly quickly, while on the other hand yeah...

18. mario_v

mario_v Member

1. Rockets are not the second best team. Spurs, OKC and cavs are just as good as the rockets.

2. Chris Paul could leave and join lebron and melo and form their own super team in the east.

Or Morey could trade Capela for melo and have lebron come next season, forming an even bigger super team with harden.

Is Capela worth losing melo, cp3 and lebron?

If Morey doesn't make a move now, he's going to lose everything.

19. Fantasma Negro

Okc fans starting to believe Presti is Morey

20. rockets13champs

Is that some mayor or something