1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We do know years have passed because Gilly's child is like 3-5 now based on appearances. It still doesn't make sense. All the time in the world doesn't let you totally overcome a lack of resources and even if you managed to build the largest armada ever (their words) how in the hell do the Iron Islands have the men left to man 1,000 ships at this point?

Anyway, the episode was fun and I'm cool with that being how the rest of the show goes. It will be fun with good acting and powerful scenes but wont have the strong narrative details anymore that are logical. I can live with that.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

https://winteriscoming.net/2016/06/...er-explains-how-characters-travel-so-quickly/

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Another beef I have with leaps of logic is how the North is still in disbelief of Dany having dragons. In fact, the whole realm of Westeros still has doubt. In a world where information is power, howcome Varys is the only one with spies that knows everything that happens in the realm? Are we to believe that the great Houses are so noble as to not employ that strategy?

justtxyank likes this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I thought Arya said it wasn't her as the pack walked away...

I was telling myself the same thing in my head. Everything is going way too perfectly, I honestly feel like at any minute the show will start to straighten itself out and start throwing sidewinders again. At least I'm hoping so, because I don't want it to start turning into the predictableness that has become TWD.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

hasn't this been the complaint as far back as the earlier seasons,for example, how does littlefinger get from point a to point z in one episode, while gendry is still sailing some ocean.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That;s pretty much my feeling on the rest of the season. There are gonna be some plot holes and inconsistencies by the standard of its earlier seasons, but the characters that I am so heavily invested in are still on screen playing out their story. Still very much must see TV.

7. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

That "was" her wolf. See below.

Uprising, Hakeemtheking and FLASH21 like this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ah, I didn't catch the after show... thanks for that.

Regardless, the wolf isn't going with her to Winterfell, which is what the @DreamShook was referencing in his post.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

At least little finger had to work for his power. The Starks got theirs from birth. Also Jon Snow does not look intimidating all. A 5-7 dude coming at me doesn't seem realistic.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Sansa maybe, but at this point Jon has earned his stripes. Dude put his ass on the line numerous occasions.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

Rashmon and Uprising like this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sounds like you have a lot of issues where the show is going... which makes me wonder if you're entertained enough to continue with it.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't mean that her Dire wolf was going back with Arya, just the confirmation of Nymeria and the super pack was fan service-y in its execution.

The writers are checking boxes now. It's going to be a confirmation heavy season.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the women ruling everything is a bit over the top

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Loved it. Euron crashing the party was awesome!

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Unfortunately that is all GRRM. Writers should really stay away from modern politics when they are creating their stories, especially when its contrary to time pieces.

17. FaBo

FaBo Member

So far, I've been mostly indifferent towards Dany and her storyline. Not a huge fan, but not a hater either. However, if she doesn't decide to attack King's Landing soon, I'll get really mad at her stupidity. I understand not wanting to destroy the entire city and its people, but that doesn't have to be the case. Just use the dragons and destroy the inner part of the city where all the important people reside. Besides, surrounding the city and cutting off all its supplies will affect the poor people first and much more than Cersei and her supporters, so that can't be desirable, either.
    Definitely agree with what some guys have already posted. The show is trying to make Cersei a super villain, but it's simply illogical considering how massively outnumbered she is. But then again, they have to fill the season with content, and having Dany swiftly annihilating Cersei wouldn't make for much of a season.

Oh, and the ingenious super-weapon against the dragons is... a ballista? What is this, Smaug 2.0?

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dubai probably built a building specifically to outdo a FICTIONAL structure. Lulz.

"This show gave the fans what it wanted, hmm, WE HATE IT NOW." Lulz.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I'm not so sure she's gonna go back to Winterfell afterall. I think maybe she came to the realization that both Nymeria and her aren't the same person/wolf that they used to be and therefore there's no point in going back to Winterfell. Hope I'm wrong though, I want to see her reunited with her siblings.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Thanks for your input.

It would probably be better for discussion if we limited our posts to "great" and moved on. Are you this way about sports teams as well? Only talk about them if it's positive, otherwise shouldn't "continue with it."