1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony still set on Rockets trade after Irving request.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VegasRocketsFan79, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I loved how ppl came up with all these trade scenarios with Melo to Cavs like something was going to happen. No one wants to go a sinking Cleveland hahah. Give praise to leverage and to NTCs haha!

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It's funny how ESPN keeps bringing up Kyrie's list of teams he wants to be traded to like he has any say in it at all.

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Carmelo isn't going to Houston.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

if i'm the cavs, i'm fully locked in on doing everything i can to keep Lebron, because i've already made the decision that i'm not trading him. If he leaves, the cavs are only going to get something of value through a sign-and trade deal. So they are all in on this season no matter what. Winning another championship would seem to me, the best way to convince Lebron to stay, and that means keeping Kyrie. Keeping Kyrie gives the Cavs the best chance to win this year. If the cavs can win, next offseason they've set up a dynamic where maybe the success they've demonstrated and trust they've built is enough for Lebron to think the smart bet is to stay rather than take a risk to leave for the unknown.

6. Possum

Possum Member

just give them Anderson and Gordon for Melo, Lee, Quarterman, Long and Anuaku and be done with this.

mockster likes this.
  7. likestohypeguy

I've grown to love and accept it. Just wake up each morning, scan that day's melo/bron random thoughts/speculation thread, see nothing, move on, repeat.

Until something, happens

8. rockets13champs

Follow Begley Melo will not waive his NTC for Cleveland. Butler and George backed out for this very reason. Melo will too.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm not sure that it needed it's own thread, but given Melo's NTC this is definitely noteworthy if it rules out Cleveland.

Definitely makes me feel better about the situation if it comes down to a buyout.

Plowman likes this.
  10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Hoping for the buy out... Knicks could use the argument as wiping a clean slate... Bla Bla bla

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Melo to Houston deal is dead. NY isn't returning our phone calls. NY is now focused on getting Irving. His sauce is the assistant to a GM on the West Coast.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Key is Melo has to throw the trade kicker out and he is only doing it for Houston as of right now

13. Joshua0312

Joshua0312 Member

Well now how the heck did you know I'm fat? Who is your sauce? Did your potato give you this?

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Really can't see Melo going to Cleveland now. Obviously LBJ is gone too.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

So in other words #soon

mockster likes this.
  16. mockster

mockster Member

Honestly I don't think it's a bad take for us

It sucks to lose Gordan because he's a near all star and sixth man of the year but at least we would be receiving a backup SG in his place

17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I think CC is easier to replace than Gordon.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Where did you see this?

19. zigzag

zigzag Member

No. Both are much more valuable than what we could get from the market or via trade.
    Clint's rookie contract is very friendly for us if we want to add another 25-million superstar to this team.

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

THIS

Manos likes this.