1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving wants out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Jul 21, 2017.

1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

If LeBron James joins the Rockets next year I will give up watching the NBA, and I will stop being a Rockets' fan until LeBron retires. Superstars teaming up to make a super team is no fun to watch. F*** Durant too.

2. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

true, Carmelo is hard to trade for if you are Cleveland and kyrie is hard to trade for if you are New York.

With the contract situation, and everything else i doubt they can find anything that makes sense for ny, cleveland and melo who still had a ntc. Just too many factors.

Melo talks to lebron and i am sure he knows whats up. LeBron is trying to see what they get for Kylie before he packs his bags. He already has one foot out the door and no diss to melo but lebron and melo wont win together and they both understand that.

azndino2005 likes this.
  3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Because Melo himself has not leaked anything different. Until Melo says he is not willing to waive his no trade clause for Cleveland anymore, like he did for the Blazers, that's what we are all going on.

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Actually I'm betting this a huge reason why it was specifically said that Melo wanted to go to Houston and he is willing to waive kickers. More stability here.

red5rocket likes this.
  5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Why didn't they trade Irving for Paul George?

6. RedRedemption

Goodbye.

7. farr3l

farr3l Member

Another 5 yard penalty?

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Watch melo say he no longer wishes for Cleveland. What's the point if he knows this diminishes his chances? Will James stay if melo comes? He has more assurance with knowing Harden is signed long term.

9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Melo probably envisioned joining a team with LeBron, Love, and Kyrie. Without Irving, he might say no.

Yung-T and Brown Lost It like this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Cavs cannot go into the season with this. Lebron won't commit and even if he did, it's too late. Let the off-season part 2 begin!!!

11. RedRedemption

I'm hoping that is the case, and we find out soon when Melo leaks it to the press. But until then, Melo to CLE is a threat to us getting him.

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Not only that, but he does not want to play with lebron and love. They talk and im sure melo knows lebron would leave if all they could get back was melo.

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lol take your waaaaaambulace elsewhere

14. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Love, Lebron & Melo on the same team doesn't work in any universe.

But, I'm not entirely convinced Melo, Lebron and Kyrie would work either if they dumped Love. Kyrie is essentially shafted in that scenario, how do you think Kyrie will feel when he becomes 3rd fiddle? At least he was always #2 with Love getting the shaft and having to redefine his game & role, Kyrie will not be down with Melo pushing him down in priority.

15. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

This is going to be a disaster of a season for the Cavs.

And you know Lebron will be trashing his teammates all year and looking for every excuse to get out, and then will blame it all on Gilbert when he leaves.

16. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

K brah. Good riddance, we don't want you here either.

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Current mood on all the free agency melo and Irving news......

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yup! Lebron used the Cavs for his own little homecoming narrative. Sure he got them one trophy, but that was a lot of luck and now he's moving on to ring chase somewhere else. I rooted for the guy because it was the Warriors, but damn Lebron is selfish.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like Kyrie and know he's taller and younger but by all accounts IT was the better player this year. Sure his defense sucks but so does Kyries.

If the Cavs could get IT and the Nets pick for Kyrie as tre basis of the deal I don't think that weakens their team this year and it gives them a potential top 3 type pick next year and then they can decide to do with IT depending on Lebron.

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron should take his talents to Galveston Beach.