1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twin Peaks...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by haven, Jan 18, 2002.

1. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

This season is surpassing all my expectations. Just fing terrific. I am anxious to get to the end, but, man, it's going to suck when there no more episodes. And what sort of hellish comeuppance are in store for Richard Horne? Did anyone else think the scene with him and the grandmother was intentionally channeling the robbery scene from A Clockwork Orange? Lots of similarities there.

Deuce likes this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I think its suffering from not staying in twin peaks. The original show rotated around 4-5 locations really. the sheriff's office, the great northern hotel, the diner, and lumber mill. I also find it hard to find any one character really appealing just because I have such little exposure to all them. For example, the Amanda Seyfriend and crazy boyfriend character. I haven't seen them in many episodes and even then I didn't know who they were or how they fit.

3. I am a Donut

I don't have a problem with the expanded locales taking time away from TP, but I am on the same page with you as far as that one character to latch on to--We need Agent Cooper back, pronto! That's my only complaint. I hope it's soon and not just for the final couple of episodes. Otherwise I am just enjoying all the great scenes, disjointed and scattered about as they may be.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

5. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I've never seen the original TP until now. I just finished watching the first 3 episodes. Boy, this thing is SLOW and seems to drag. Other than the "who done it", I don't feel engaged by any of the characters except maybe Agent Cooper. Please tell me it gets better and I'm not wasting my time. Do I need to finish the original before I watch this new one?
    Another thing, the same music score that plays in the background over & over again becomes really annoying.

6. tallanvor

First episode can be rough, but if you aren't a Lynch fan in general then this show isn't for you.

MoonBus likes this.
  7. I am a Donut

The pilot and episode 3 are classic episodes, so if you don't like those then you likely will not like the rest of it.

MoonBus likes this.
  8. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Looks like all the pieces are moving into place for the endgame.

9. tallanvor

Dale Cooper is back. with like 2 episodes left i think.

10. Chilly_Pete

Yes, 2 episodes left. Was good to see the old Coop back.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

Polish homeowner is a fookin legend of lancelot court.

Deuce likes this.
  12. Chilly_Pete

LOL, even the Mitchum brothers were like wtf.

Stay out of that man's driveway.

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

14. Chilly_Pete

So is Richard Horne the son of Evil Cooper and Audrey Horne?

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That's the thought

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

“The f— kind of neighborhood is this?” said Rodney, looking on bemused from Dougie’s front porch.

“People are under a lot of stress, Bradley,” his brother noted.

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  17. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Oh my, this show is amazing.

OK, have you all noticed that Lynch has gone all chips in with this show. It pays homage to everything he has done in his career. Virtually every single movie, everything he has done. This episode in general played one of the songs from Mulholland Drive when "Dougie/Cooper" was saying goodbye to his "Family".

I am so worried the man is dying, and this is his swan song. God I hope that is not true.

We are witnessing legend.....

18. Chilly_Pete

I think he has just been given complete artistic license from Showtime, so he is able to do what he wants without the movie studios or networks interfering.

Deuce likes this.
  19. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Agreed. He finally got the backing and budget to do whatever the hell he wants and this is the result. Even if Sunday is a letdown this has been brilliant and far exceeded any expectations I had. A few episodes have been some of the best stuff I've seen.

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agreed. And HUGE props to Showtime for their backing. We are seeing people produce art without the bean counters interfering. Refreshing.

Chilly_Pete likes this.