1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo Deal starting all over according to Woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Doesn't look bad for a Bill Simmons idea lol

Raptors would ask for more than Biyombo though, assuming they want him back now that they have Ibaka...

DonKnock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Agree that NY wouldn't want him. Maybe a 3rd team though

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah it really makes no sense for Toronto to do that trade. Jonas ain't great but that Bismack contract is bad. Toronto would have to be receiving some picks.

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ariza's contract expires.

Purely from a basketball standpoint...right now...today...Anderson might be the better player. He's certainly got the most outstanding skill (3 pt shooting). But that's in a vacuum.

With Tucker and now Mbah Moute on board, Ariza has definitely become expendable. I don't believe James and CP would co-sign on sending him off, even for Melo but the pressure on Ariza to remain productive and healthy is high. That 3 man rotation btw, is fantastic.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, picks or interesting players for their bench, maybe guys like Hezonja...

6. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I went back to the blazers forum to see them all delusional. It's hysterical. They are reaching so hard...

"The report says 'yet'! As in, he will waive his NTC for the blazers, it just hasn't happened 'yet'."

"Someone at RealGM said the sale of the team (Rockets) will push Melo to the blazers!"

"CJ and Dame are younger than CP3 and JH13, Kyrie and LeBron"

"I love it! No Melo for Houston, No CP3 after a year."

I'm guessing they don't understand the CP3 dynamic with moving the age restriction, being traded as opposed to outright signing in free agency, and the implications of all of that. They didn't send their brightest, folks.

They even posted some article by clutchpoints, i think, saying Portland is the best destination and proceeding to make no arguments for Portland that could not apply to Houston as well, while also saying Portland is the best destination. It makes no sense. They even said Ryan Anderson was part of the resurgence of the Rockets last season and Portland wouldn't have to lose anyone of that caliber so Portland isn't "gutting the team".

New day, Portland still blows.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I hope they're lurking on clutchfans so they can read how dumb they look.

8. Jay23

Jay23 Member

9. amaru

amaru Member

We have equally foolish fans on this board.

heypartner, BigMaloe, jnuge90 and 5 others like this.
  10. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Sometimes desperation can look pathetic, and this is certainly a case of that. They look pathetic.

Vivi likes this.
  11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

ehh fans will be homer and see their team as being the best. we did the same with KD and thought we could have a legit shot at getting him lol

melo wants to specifically play with Chris and there's nothing more to it, so blazers have no chance but they can keep dreaming.

ElDobleK, kwakmeister and amaru like this.
  12. Jay23

Jay23 Member

13. amaru

amaru Member

And Dwight (1st time), Carmelo (1st time), etc etc.

14. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

I don't think we are in any position to criticize, as thirsty as this forum is.

BMoney, apollo33 and amaru like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

True, but like you said that was still a different situation, Harden is one of the best friends of Durant if not his best friend in the league, there was a reason to hope...Melo wants to be here and has a no trade clause.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dreaming cost nothing i guess :rolleyes:

DonKnock and amaru like this.
  17. Jay23

Jay23 Member

how about when we thought bosh was coming here lol. we are always desperate

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, I saw that "yet" business and thought, "The writer is hedging his bets, letting the fans down easy while leaving that faint glimmer of hope that doesn't actually exist." Sure enough, some fan(s) ran with it.

I knew when it was reported that Portland wanted Melo for themselves that it would become click-bait (MELO TO PORTLAND?) and thus gain a life of its own.

Wait, wait, wait.......hold up. Are you saying we didn't have a legit shot at landing KD? o_O

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

"We"? Lol

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea i know, we took his friendship as the reason why we might have a chance but it turns out he just wanted to win and play on one of the best teams ever.

melo in this case, he wants to just play with Chris and Blazers think they have a good supporting cast and possibly something Knicks would want, but in reality all Melo wants to do is play with Chris on a really good team. they can keep dreaming like we did, but they have no chance.

Vivi likes this.