1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking back on the Ryan Anderson Signing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kim, Jul 3, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Porzingis isn't a star? LOL maybe if he didn't demand a trade just so he can get the max salary he wouldn't be all alone in NYC. He basically made his bed there so why should it be his excuse now? It's like when Kobe ran Shaq out of town then started complaining about the lack of starpower in Lakers, I mean you reap what you sow, right?

Ok 1 year difference but every year Melo makes 7M more how is that better for future flexibility? Melo is a lot more versatile offensively than Anderson, ok sure. But in terms of shooting Anderson is way better, since the team will already have CP3, Harden and Gordon how many creators do you need?

You're right, Rockets are behind GSW with Anderson. But they are still behind GSW even with Melo so I dunno why you think Melo makes a difference. Just on matchups alone, Melo will be eaten alive by Green he is soft as **** doesn't drive to the line for fts and settles for mid range clankers all the time. I wouldn't say Melo is a loser but neither is he a winner, in fact he has shown in his career winning means nothing to him.

He had a good team in Denver, left that for NYC who was crap at the time. He could have made NYC good, instead request a trade so he can get the max even if NYC lost all its assets in the process. He all about winning during his free agency, but really just used it to threaten NYC so they max him out because if he really cared about winning he wouldn't have resigned in NYC everyone can see they would be bad. NYC was winning with Linsanity when he came back from injury, instead did some drama that resulted in MDA being fired/resigning from his job.

Let's be real, the only reason Melo wants out is because he's had enough of being judged by NYC media and maybe because he split with LaLa who probably wants to stay in NYC. If everyone loved him in NYC and was stroking his ego and promising to max him out for 6 years no way he leaves losing team or not. Dude keeps paying lip service about wanting to win, but none of his actions over the years have shown he cares about winning. At all. I'll be happy if the Cavs get him, maybe Lebron can make him mature after he promises to pay Melo the big bucks he wants. I have no confidence in Harden containing Melo, CP3 can keep him in line but they are butt buddies, CP3 would take Melo's side over Harden every time.

2. crispy123

crispy123 Member

look I understand people's hate towards Ryno but the fact of the matter is we don't win 55 games without Ryan Anderson and if he didn't miss the games he missed I am willing to bet we would have won 60ish games, yes he was that important to the Rockets this season. even when he missed, the room he made for Harden and the rest on the floor was something you cant put a price on. (well you can but it's not 60 million) so people really need to cut Ryno some slack given that he played a very important role and helped us win 55 games and was a key reason why Harden almost got MVP.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ryan Anderson could have stayed in New Orleans though.... had some nice stats. In retrospect.

[​IMG]

4. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Your just wrong on practically every front. Your opinion on melos game is so cliche its embarrasing. and no melo as a stretch 4 would not shoot worse than anderson. Melo's percentages are being guarded as the number 1 option. Green would not eat melo alive. Melo is an elite scorer. 10 fold the offensive player anderson is. Ive seen plenty of tape of melo getting after it going to the basket. Most of the time its impossible because hes getting doulbed and has no help. Porzingas was a rookie. HE was also very up and down because of it. The best offensive playmaker melo has had in new york is JR smith that played any significant minutes. That is just a fact. Melo isnt coming over as a SF or point forward. He is coming over as the number 3 option to play off james harden and cp3.

As far as contract flexibility. melo has one less year and many more options to go forward. Anderson is one option. We keep him or pawn him off on someone else and have to give something up for someone to take him.

Your opinion of melo is negative because of the terrible knicks teams and poorly run franchise. He hasnt had a choice but to try to create. They dont put anything around him. When they try its over the hill garbage and horrible contracts like noah

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are the one who is cliche. Melo is an elite scorer? But he is playing in the LEASTERN conference, if he was really an elite scorer how come his team sucked so much they got top 4 pick? Melo at his prime was an elite scorer, now he is already old and not an elite scorer. So what if you see tape of Melo going at it for the basket? What does that mean? I also saw Dwight go hard after the basket a couple of times doesn't mean he will do anything to win. What do you mean Melo as a stretch 4 does not shoot worse than Anderson? It's a fact, Anderson is a better shooter. If both of them are wide open for days Anderson will outshoot Melo specifically from the 3 pt line. Anderson would also be the no 3 option in Houston so if you're gonna pay a no 3 option go with the cheaper 1.

Knicks cant put anything around him because Melo emptied out their team. If he had signed in free agency Knicks would have had pieces to trade for help for him. Why are you acting like the Knicks sucking has nothing to do with Melo? He was the one who caused their team to suck look at how many players and picks Knicks had to use to get him. Their GM who spent the last couple of years getting good players for the Knicks was so mad he resigned.

It is easy to say you are wrong, you are ignorant etc. I always get these replies in my posts. But people who argue against me can't make proper rebuttals to my points they just keep insulting me or make general statements like Melo is an elite player. What does "elite" even mean? In terms of efficiency Melo sucks ass compared to the truly elite scorers in the league like Harden. He can score 100 different ways but that doesn't mean **** when the ball doesn't go in the hoop when he takes a shot.

Melo has a track record of not being a winner, taking the easy way out, being a diva and prioritizing $$$ over everything else. His only winning moments were in college which was like a decade ago and in the Olympics which was different because he had 14 other superstars keeping him in check. You can't deny his history or the things he has done. Why will a guy who has always been me-first suddenly change his personality and become Draymond Green x10 just because he is gonna play on the Rockets? LMA went to Spurs and didn't change his diva tendencies, what more if Melo goes to Houston? This is the same **** people said about Dwight, well he didn't like doing PnRs in Orlando and he also didn't like doing PnRs in Houston.

#125 roslolian, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I agree Anderson helped us win games, even when he wasn't on fire from 3. But some of his liabilities contributed to us losing games too. I don't make regular season record a huge focal point. One only has to look at Rockets championship history to understand the relative importance of record to winning a championship. It's important, but it's about what you do in the playoffs, and half the teams make the playoffs. you don't have to win 55 or 60 games to make the playoffs or to win a championship for that matter.

We need more productivity out of the 4 spot than anderson can give if we want to beat Golden State. Spacing and shooting is not enough. we need that, AND. Melo is certainly an upgrade (not saying he fills all of the needs at that position; defensively he certainly does not). I think Ryan Anderson would have incredible value across the league right now if he wasn't attached to $60 mil. That was my problem with the anderson signing; it wasn't that we signed Ryan anderson. It was that we paid him $20 mil. We outbid freaking Sacramento (the Kings ...of bad decisions). It was a desperate move; a move that bad teams make; overpaying 1-dimensional player (role players). So anderson, is hard to move because of the contract; no one should be questioning his skill; he's a good player. But he's a role player and we can't have him starting on our team if we want to beat golden state.

He'd be dream coming off the bench ...but not at $20 mil

cbs1507 likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that plus his injury history as well.....no gm wants to get stuck holding a bag of natural fertilizer for 3yrs. we really did overpay for a guy that ideally should be coming off the bench for certain situational matchups

cbs1507 likes this.
  8. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

He still averaged over 20 points a game. Hes averaged it every year of his career. He is guarded as the number 1 option and doesnt get easy looks in games.

How the *%$& is it melo's fault what the knicks gave up to get him? He told denver he wanted to go to new york in FA and they traded him to get something for him. Its the knicks fault for what they gave up. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything regarding melo. The fact you even bring it up shows you are clueless.

Makes sense you get those replies to your posts because you truly have no clue what your talking about. If you are receiving them then the common denominator is you. So maybe it is you.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You knew when guys were missing open 3s, Anderson was coming. I didn't like the contract for a 1 dimensional player, but oh well. I thought they should've kept Beasley.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

how people still don't realize how terrible this guy is, is beyond me

Vivi likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, i don't think you can bet we don't win the same games without Ryan, we simply don't know, personally i think it's very possible we would've pretty much won the same games with a cheaper and different player in his place (like Dudley), like we did two years ago when we didn't have an elite stretch 4 and when Harden actually did win the mvp.