1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Nov 15, 2013.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I love Doc's riddles, even though I can't figure them out.

BHannes2BHonest and Aruba77 like this.
  2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I don't like them, BUT I do like playing along...wait I'm confused..o_O

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You do realize that Clutch has confirmed Doc Rocket's insider status in the past?

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Never mind that. These days it's much cooler to say "I call bull****" on everything.

Richie_Rich, BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Docrocket is an insider for sure.. friends with Tad Brown from what I recall. His riddles can get annoying.. people need to chill tho lol

mikol13, whiskeyred and DonKnock like this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Doc Rocket is a clutchfans legend. Those who don't like him are entitled not to, but please don't spoil it for the rest of us. The damn newbies already drove him off the site.

7. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

I never understood why people who had a problem with Doc come and post in his threads. Just dont click the thread! The riddles used to be part of the fun before this place became overrun with the masses. He and Oily used to be our only sources of "inside" info and breaking down the riddles was great. Now every other post is "this guy sucks". Its not enough that he doesnt even post here anymore, people still gotta try and knock him down. Now I feel like tinman wishing for the days when this board was great. There really should be a GARM for people whove been here since before the Yao influx.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

It doesn't matter if Clutch vouched for him, the naysayers will always naysay. I personally like the anarchy that his tweets bring to the GARM!

Tastes great!...Less filling! o_O

9. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Doc Rocket implies the deal is already done and the other "inside" in the Woj thread said Portland pulled out and deal is stalled again. Hmmmmmm

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Two decades ago he had some Rudy T access, and then he started taking random shots in the dark in the guise of cryptology so he could cover his tracks. He was exposed and as a result he took his ball and walked home to Twitter. Now he has Jack and Squat and Jack left town. His insider access now is as "confirmed" as basketballholic's insider access.

DudeWah likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Indeed. I've always assumed that Doc had a source inside the Rockets (perhaps even himself), and at some point he lost the source due to a coaching/GM shakeup. While Doc may have had some other ties inside the Rockets, he lost his best one. Pure speculation on my part. The way he has been treated here since then is terrible, as can be seen in this thread. I don't blame him for taking a very extended hiatus from the board. Some people here just enjoy being assholes, in my humble opinion. Considering how sources are often treated in the GARM, it's a miracle we have any at all.

saleem, HayesStreet, today and 3 others like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Truth be told, I don't know if Doc Rocket has the same sources as before. Perhaps some secondary sources. I think there is a line in what he posts, a combination of what he hears that crosses into him dipping his toes into speculation. We just don't know if the water is warm or cold.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

it would be nice if we had a list of breaking news of which clutchfan broke them. but cfans rather make fun of peoples appearances lol #potatohead

how accurate has doc rockets been shooting lately? i feel his percentages gone down since he went to the twitter

#473 Angkor Wat, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  14. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I think doc's sources were much more "solid" 5-10 years ago. His hit percentage has been pretty low for many years. I always thought the crypto thing was fun and a neat forum topic etc. but my problem with it is he just hangs it out there allowing countless "solutions" and doesn't reveal the genuine answer. The puzzles were constructed in such a cryptic fashion that often the "answer" can be made to fit the puzzle.

What would have been cool is if he would have generated the puzzle and sent the solution to a trusted poster for holding until after the predicted event occurs then puts it out. This would probably avoid blowback on all sides. But alas it just gets thrown out there.

DudeWah and napalm06 like this.
  15. jacoby

jacoby Member

If you include all the mainstream NBA reporters, Doc Rocket broke D12 to Houston long before any of them did.

He called it even before the All-Star game that season, 5 months before Dwight chose us.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Doc is legit. He might not be right all the time, but when he's privy to something, he lets us know what's up. Like Deckard said, there's a huge influx of posters now that just enjoy denigrating people and basically being assholes.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I believe Clutch knows Doc Rocket personally. You are simply wrong about this.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I think the percentages were low because for many years we were trying to navigate our way (unsuccessfully albeit) into the top 5 of every draft while we held the 14th overall pick.

I know he wasn't the first to break the news but he called the Dwight Howard signing if I'm not mistaken. The trade up for MKG was a good example of something the Rockets tried to do but couldn't get enough pieces to get past Charlotte. Now he's a dud so it really didn't affect us much.

19. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

doc was last with the rockets like 15 years ago or something its been a while

i have no doubt that he still has some contacts to pull from but his well is surely dryish by now but definitely worth paying attention to and also taking with a grain of salt

its funny he has a normal twitter account and pseudonym one and it seems like the pseudonym one is now more useful for him to have the freedom to go full alt-right than it is to share insider info

saleem likes this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is the way I see it, too.