1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston to San Diego

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Schmidt, Jul 8, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you should move back

2. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I like the outdoors too much to live in Houston. And I'm a total sissy about the heat and humidity. On a side note, do I know you? Your clutchfans name and avatar would indicate it's a possibility.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not so cleverly disguised "I make six figures" thread

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Hmm... I don't think you know me. My handle is related to tech security work(Identity, Policy, Audit) I was doing at the time I stopped lurking and actually signed up. It's not beer as most people think. Wish it was as it's way cooler. My avatar was just ripped from the internet, no special significance. on this board i've only ever met @rocketsjudoka & i think @Rockets Fan Trapped In MN

5. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

Nice and goodluck. QCOM is one of my customers - it's why I'm in San Diego like 5-6 times a year. I'll look you up if you take it, we can hit up the Karl Strauss bar new QCOM and watch a rockets game.

Schmidt likes this.
  6. Schmidt

Schmidt Member

Ok, so they countered by broad offer ($175 - $185K) + 30%.

They offered $170K, 35% bonus, company car and a 4% future sales bonus. The car and the 4% sales bonus are games changes IMO. I still need to conform the full relocation package and if there is a cap on new business sales.

BTW, great feedback from everyone!

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Great news. You get to move to SD and get paid very well relatively speaking.

Bad news.... they basically just gave you what you asked ... so probably could have started higher. Not much though.

8. Schmidt

Schmidt Member

Yea, I was advised by my counterpart at Google not to counter their offer. I got a solid deal vs. what someone else was offered for the same role. I was able to confirm that the new business sales (4%) is paid quarterly.

Unless this deal falls through...looks like San Diego will be home the latter part of next month!

9. Schmidt

Schmidt Member

Quick update! Got a promotion to head-up a new portfolio of business in Houston. Tonight is my last night in San Diego, I start that long 22-hour drive around 11:00AM tomorrow. Man, just in time for a long Astros playoff run!

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

welcome back!
    Where in san diego did you end up living?

We lived in pacific beach for 6 years and came back to tx and moved to woodlands.
    Really enjoying the neighborhood and schools. Miss aspects of sd to be sure