1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

On this day in 1996...

My favorite part is when Heenan says, "What did I say for all those years?!"

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Smarks would be cheering this if it happened nowadays (with Cena, for example).

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Austin Aries got his release. Lame man.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Whoa!

Will be interested to hear what Solomonster says on why this happened...

Also Styles won the US Title at a house show from KO. That's cool.

5. VanityHalfBlack

See you in Japan :)

6. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

He didn't want to be relegated in being just in the CW division and on 205 live and asked for and was granted his release

7. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Little kids would cry and explode

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I can't wait for the Sheamus and Cesaro had a 3-1 lead signs

Edit: Lol posted this when it got tied. Nice match. Not mad about Shesaro winning

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yaaaaasss! Put the damn belt on Braun at Summerslam dammit!

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Anybody else notice that the bell most definitely did ring in the Lesnar Vs Joe match?

They rang the bell before the introductions so doesn't that mean The match started? Idk just thought it was silly.

11. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I never heard a bell before Joe jumped the gun. And the official bell starts when the ref signals the time keeper he called both guys together to go over the rules, which makes it seem it hadn't started.

I thought it was a pretty good fight, short but with the level of striking going back and forth that is realistic. I really hated the finish though.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  12. VanityHalfBlack

It's funny that Brock hasn't been on tv for months before the feud with Joe and under wwe safety precautions, he can only go for 10-15 mins. Joe can go 30+ minutes easy, the nakamura feud comes to mind. Not sure why they didn't put the title on him to showcase the universal title when your current champ can't go longer than 10???

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What safety precautions are these?

I was disappointed the fight didn't go longer but looking at Brock walking up the ramp he was the sweatiest man of all time. I'm not sure he could have gone any longer without passing out.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Being a part timer that's going to be the problem for him for sure. Can Brock become a full timer just on his athleticism alone or do you think he's past those years?

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd bet he'll be a part timer forever. Part of his appeal is that he's so rarely around that his presence is a big deal.

I was just wondering if there were specific safety precautions laid out for Brock with regard to his match lengths.

16. SK34

SK34 Member

Joe v Brock was booked correctly. The storytelling in my opinion was great as it showed that Brock barely escaped Joe.

That Braun vs Reigns feud is the best feud in the WWE right now. Nothing in Smackdown compares to either of those two feuds. Seems like Braun vs Reigns will continue onto Summer Slam, they might even make it a Fatal 4 Way match between those 4. That'd be great to see.

Junkyard_Dog likes this.
  17. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I wanna see Brock vs Balor next

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Understood why the match was short. Love the heavy quick action.

Who's at Raw tonight. Contemplating a ticket somehow tonight.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

They always ring the bell in the title matches right before they introduce them I just don't know what that means lol and I always wonder why the heels don't just start beating the crap out of the faces every time...

Check out at 3:10

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Then everybody isn't just going to complain saying Balor isn't getting buried... I think Brock's matches should be short for the most part but I also think he shouldn't be mowing thru everybody... I mean he was destroyed by Goldberg and then joe has to beat 4 of the other top guys in company just to get a shot at him and then he losses... I just don't know what that says about your roster when nobody is even close to being a threat except a 50 year old

VanityHalfBlack likes this.