1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj - Rockets trying to complete deal for Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I gotta say I just read the last six or seven pages and really appreciated the level of discussion, I didn't think it got heated at all, just passionate-- which is a good thing. What an excellent discussion to wake up to. thanks you guys.

2. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

I think the lesson here is that anytime you give a player a no-trade clause on a max deal, you've married your franchise to that player. Keep them happy or they will take half your stuff in the divorce. As they say, the reason divorces are so expensive is because they're usually worth it in the long run.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

They don't want anything back if they're trading with us.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If we trade for Melo does that mean we can trade trade him either? Or does his no trade clause go away?

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hahaha.
    KlutchQT..............well done :) I ain't even mad at that.

Although I have repeatedly made posts saying I was way off on the Chris Paul thing, how happy I was to be wrong, and even ended posts saying "but what do I know I was way off on CP3" so hopefully you won't keep it all negative with me

But still I stand by my thoughts on Melo. I didn't think CP3 would want to be here. With the Melo thing I just don't think a buyout is around the corner and I'm just going by the roster make up and lack of assets. Trade wise it makes no sense. I'm pessimistic as always.

KlutchQT, D-rock and heypartner like this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's part of his contract so it will remain unless he waives it again.

7. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Trade wise for who?
    He has a no trade clause and its been made clear that he will only waive it for 2 teams.
    There is no way the cavs can beat our offer unless they include love which in all honesty doesent seem logical at all. So it does make sense that we are the favorites to land melo, and i think the hold up is just because we wont include ariza or ego in the proposal.
    Ryno and a future first is probably what we are offering along with some young asset but the knicks obviously dont want ryno. When we find a team that does want ryno and has something the knicks want it will be done.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

What day is the big press conference again??

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Friday

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

What team is going to want Ryno? That Portland rumour might be completely made up. I don't know, I hope you're right.
    I'm quite aware that there is a no trade clause and he has said he'd only play with two teams. But that's his feeling right now. The knicks don't have to trade him today. Hell, they don't even have a GM. At some point later this summer it is possible Melo might feel he needs to get the hell out and be willing to go to other teams.

11. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

I think that's why the Rockets were delaying press conference for Chris Paul, because they are going to get Carmelo Anthony soon. They want to have major press conference with Jame Harden, Chris Paul, and Carmelo Anthony altogether for the media/photography purpose. Otherwise, there is no reason for delaying press conference for introducing Chris Paul.

gatsby, joshuaao, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

interesting question, actually; once waived always waived?

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

In the end i think we can also just stand pat, if we can get him for Ryan and fillers/minor assets like 2nd rounders, rookies i'm all for it cause even if i don't like Melo that much (especially at this point of his career), i still think he can be an upgrade over Ryan. But if the price is Gordon, Ariza, 1st rounder i say pass, they won't get anything close to that anyway, they will eventually come back later in the season or buy him out after some more drama...Knicks playing hard ball...lul.

mathor likes this.
  14. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I had a dream the Knicks traded us a truck load of candy and Ricky Rubio for a copy of Rocky on DVD. Le$ was very happy and thought we could swindle Melo away from them next, but he ended up sending them Eric Gordon instead of Ryan Anderson. Also James Dolan turned into the devil

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I like to think that, too. But, it makes sense that MDA and Morey cannot make the press conference during Summer League, too. Don't know what the schedule conflict was last week, or the week before. Maybe they first delayed for Paul George, then schedules actually did mess up last week, and now we are in Summer League.

16. malakas

malakas Member

If a player with a negotiated no-trade clause consents to a trade and is traded, his no-trade clause remains in effect with his new team.

Pen15clubber and heypartner like this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the info. Melo better turn it around cuz we would have no more flexibility

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

[​IMG]
    You mean something like this?

gatsby, DonKnock, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Ryan Anderson is a good valuable player and he is moveable. The problem is that moving him requires that the Rockets either take on another salary in trade or entice with draft picks. The problem Is that the Rockets are light on draft picks to send to a third team, to take Anderson.

The press conference could very well have been rescheduled for the extension of James Harden.

malakas likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

now why would Begley emphasize this on a Griffin article? Obviously because Mills did this idiotic offer by himself, everyone was shocked and they went and called Griffin asap.

Can't see letting Mills after that do any Melo trade on his own.

DonKnock likes this.