1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj - Rockets trying to complete deal for Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 8, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So true. Houston a great place to revive legacies

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just hope Melo's time here is not a mirror of Barkley's. That's what seems very possible. At least if the Rockets lose in the playoffs with all of these great players (some of them being past their prime) it won't be against the damn Jazz.

justtxyank likes this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Well said. Melo is a 6'8 version of Kyrie Irving. Great scorer only.

4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Melo has a better chance of getting bought out than Wade. That is how stingy the Bulls are.

5. lewlloydfan

lewlloydfan Member

melo is ball hogging bum, he never hits the clutch baskets, he has the worst playoff percentage in nba history. he is nothing more than a 4th option at best bad move by hou

6. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Don't jump on the bandwagon when he has an incredible year

7. sabesque

sabesque Member

When harden, cp3 and Gordon are on the floor he's probably the fourth option

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Melo isn't going to be a ball hog on a team with CP3. And being a third option is much different than having to carry a team offensively, which is the situation he's been in his entire career. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how rejuvenated he looks with less weight on his shoulders and playing on a championship contender.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm ****ing wasted already. Can some dude tell me if Melo has signed?

@swyyyguy **** . I'm heading to spire. I'll prolly hit you up at McD for my postdrunkmeal
    Mofo better keep mymealready

seeingred and BigMaloe like this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Don't worry guys, I'm almost to my hotel. News should drop any second now.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Hayward is certainly a better player than Anthony. Having said that, expect Hayward to be exposed some defensively without the human eraser behind him.

If you put a gun to my head, I would take Love over Anthony, but I am not overly thrilled with how Love has played the last few years. Defensively Love has improved though and is a better defender than Anthony or Hayward.

The issue with Anthony is that there is a lot of uncertainty. Anthony is (and has been) a far better player at the 4 than 3. The question is would that continue to be the case if he is a full time 4? Defensively Anthony is average or possibly better at the 4. Offensively the hope is his efficiency improves as a third option and with Harden and Paul setting him up.

Of course Anthony could just not buy in and the Rockets are stuck with a $26,000,000 paperweight and have to rely on Ariza and Tucker to play the 4 while decimating their bench.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Can't wait for the world to see how good Melo is with actual talent around him.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I can see 22ppg atleast

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Thanks for the clarification. I guessI figured if he is under contract he could go around and chat with anyone etc. granted he can't talk business but I mean what you are saying makes sense. I know that free agents can talk to anyone, I was talking about before the free agent period begins. I thought before that they were not allowed to talk to any team.

15. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

justtxyank likes this.
  16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Everyone is better than tmac

Anyways, Fvck Mr. Motiputas opinion....

We got any juice lately? I been swimming and drinking...

@Mathrocker @Pen15clubber @Snow Villiers

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. 1234567

1234567 Member

Assuming he will be traded here and that only major piece out is Ryan, then this will be a big step closer to catching up to the current Champions.

Now if the trade ended up taking both Ryan and EG, then this is not a step forward.

Hope that is not the case. You need top shelf "role players" and 6th man I would say is a good role player to complete a contender.

Picks going out is OK as if you are going all in, you throw around picks all day, and with Harden signed for years, all the picks will be low.

With PG also around and maybe Melo and even Lebron next year. That will make a completive team to take Curry and KD down.

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

[​IMG]

yixiixiy, justtxyank and Joshfast like this.
  19. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

To get Melo, we will need to trade Anderson and who else?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Potentially no one if there's a 3rd team involved.