1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Carmelo Anthony open to waiving no-trade clause for Rockets or Cavaliers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'll bring the Vaseline

2. Fantasma Negro

Making space to absorb Anderson contract. Trade in 5...4...3..

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can swallow giving up Ariza. Giving up both Ariza and Gordon is too much. I still don't think a Harden-Paul-Anthony core with a gutted supporting cast can beat the Warriors.

HakeemOnlyFan and justtxyank like this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Anderson + Ego will involve fillers on their end. Anderson + Ariza will work though.

5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

No way I'm giving up Anderson + Gordon or Ariza for Melo.

lionaire likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are waiting for a team willing to take Anderson to shake free. As teams strike out in free agency, they will be more likely to take on Anderson in trade. Phoenix, Sacramento, Chicago and others will emerge as possible landing spots for Anderson.

Deuce and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

But why would the Knicks do that? Anderson's contract is a negative value. So they would basically be trading Melo for something less than Ariza.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

And this is why Melo is not a Rocket, because they wouldn't do that.

HakeemOnlyFan, Easy and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

That is what he ment... i think... dumping him in a three way trade for Melo.

the Rockets still have their first round pick in 2020 and the under hand free throw shooter to offer.'

Capella and Gordon are off the table. :rolleyes:

Chanmarr likes this.
  10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

There is NO reason to include anyone but Anderson in a trade for melo, Anderson + fillers ONLY.

Easy and t0mdotcom like this.
  11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It really comes down to how desperate NYC wants Melo off their team (see Josh Smith and Detroit) vs how desperate Melo wants out. In theory, Melo could negotiate a buyout highly advantageous to NYC, but that involves him losing A LOT of money. We all saw that while he does want to win, money is still a priority for him. NYC themselves have no real need to actively get rid of Melo. They can just sit on his contract once (if) they convince Porzingis to buy in now that Phil is gone.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I doubt we see any movement here until later in the summer at the earliest. The fact is two of the 3 teams mentioned in these stories are missing a GM and given Melo's prominence as a "star", I can't see a rational owner allowing the trigger to be pulled without their next GM being in place....of course this is Dan GIlbert and James Dolan we are talking about here....

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Their former GM is now the team president. He will have control.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this is like morey holding onto his dot.com stock investment already 90% down, still hoping it might go back up one day :D

Easy likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

What would the Knicks get in a 3 team trade if Anderson is being dumped on a 3rd team and not headed to NY?

a 3rd team isn't giving up anything of value if they're receiving Anderson in return, matter of fact, they'll be expecting assets to come their way just for taking him on...so if PHX were to take Anderson + an asset, and we were getting Melo, then I don't see what NY would be getting that's even a little enticing

if Morey could find a way to get Melo without losing Ego, Ariza, or Capela then I think we could really challenge GS...it's looking like a pipe dream tho, nobody wants Ryno :(

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

the only issue is getting NY to agree to that

17. supa

supa Contributing Member

Maybe NY is so ready to be done with Melo they would consider 26 Mil in cap space this year and next an asset, instead of buying Melo out at $50 Mil?? Especially when Melo can just say no to any trade. Who knows what is going on but I would think if NY can get Melo to agree to a trade and they cleared him off their books with nothing coming back, they would consider that a win.

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

stay away.
    bet they'd want NeNe in it. No Thanks !

Easy likes this.
  19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Melo is still a good player, so I highly doubt NYC would be that eager to just trade him for nothing.

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

The trade doesn't have to be too logical. Let's not forget, Indy just got back Oladipo and Sabonis for Paul George. Indy actually took in a bunch of salary and the trade doesn't make sense for them yet they did it. Anything can happen, since they don't have too much leverage in getting rid of Melo.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.