1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we strike out on melo, why not go after LMA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jul 3, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nahh not really. If he was why are the Spurs open to dumping him? At least Anderson knows his limitations, he is a good team player gets along with everyone.

LMA looks like he has Dwight-itis, can't recognize he is no longer in his prime and doesn't want to adapt to new nba. LMA became a superstar thanks to pnrs w/ brandon roy and lilliard, but on the spurs he doesnt want any of that thats spurs ran so much isos. He can't handle being option 2 on the Spurs you think he'll like being the 3rd star on the Rox? Lol

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol@thinking lma would be happy as 4rth option. Doesnt he have an issue being the 2nd option? He even left Portland cuz they were making Lillard the franchise guy instead of him

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well he can either keep his head up his ass and turn into a huge p***y in the playoffs or be traded for ryan and be the 3/4th option

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

5. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

League is moving away from an LMA type player. He has no relevance in our offense and should be a Center in today's league but lacks the defensive ability to start at Center effectively

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

1. Fat ass, slow as hell
    2. Wants to be alpha dog
    3. Them mid range Jumpers which are anti Rockets, Anti Maury

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Aging quickly, injury prone, gaining weight, mediocre attitude, bad defensively, no transition game, no rim protection, no pick and roll, terrible for our system, very mid-range game.

In fact he might be the only starting PF that I'd NOT trade Anderson for.

(Also I think this may not be the first thread about trading for Aldridge. Star power is a helluva drug.)

roslolian likes this.
  9. supa

supa Contributing Member

So lets look at it if we had just signed Paul as a free agent and kept our assets as you say.

First you have to move Anderson which would have cost our first in 2018 as a minimum. You also have to move Williams. Those two are off our roster now along with the first. But we would have kept Harrell and Dekker along with Beverley to have room to sign Paul.

So our lineup would be Capela, Dekker at PF, Ariza, Harden, Paul and a bench of Harrel, Gordon and Beverly. No MLE, no BAE and no Nene cause you have to waive his free agent cap hold to make room for Paul.

Beverley Harrel and Dekker combined salaries are 8.8 Mil approx. That means you can only trade for other players up to 12 Mil. Or you go to war with the lineup above and minimum salary guys. No non-guaranteed salaries to trade either as we can't pick them up as Paul would take all our salary cap space.

Morey bet that he could build a better roster minus Harrel, Decker and Beverley with the MLE, BAE, and non-guaranteed salaries than with trading Beverly, Harrell and Dekker for pieces or keeping our roster as mentioned above.

10. rockets13champs

He can't shoot

11. Remlap

Remlap Member

Oh, right. We can't get NOBODY, as in Chris Paul, one of the top 5 guards in the NBA?
    Morey can't fleece them all. Sometimes you gotta give in order to get.

So you're saying we should have nixed the CP trade and used Harrell and Dekk to get LMA instead?
    SMH. . .

[​IMG]

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Call me crazy but I don't want Melo nor LMA ..... Would like an upgrade at the PF spot but just don't believe either is the solution.

LMA's best years are behind him and the league is moving away from traditional big men ...

Melo .... He hasn't been a part of a winning team since he came into the league - He's a volume shooter / scorer who's put up stats on crappy teams from Denver to NY. I think the guy is fools gold .... and more expensive than the real thing.

Who do I want ? I don't know .... but it isn't Anderson , LMA or Melo.

Can we just trade Anderson for Lebron and call it a day ?!

Remlap likes this.
  13. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

to be honest ... I don't like LeBron in Houston Rockets because it would not be a Houston Rockets any more. It would be LeBron's team. To strong gravitational force.
    Every achievement and collective success of entire team would be considered as his.

I would prefer to win without him, but i know LeBron is LeBron, he is the King and everybody loves him

#33 Robert Kogut, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Little Bit likes this.
  14. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Thats silly talk

Remlap likes this.
  15. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

I admit, it is. It's just how a feel about it, not what is best to do.

#35 Robert Kogut, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

GET OUT! ;)

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It would make sense if he agreed to limit his offense and focus on defense plus open jump shots.

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

He got killed versus the Warriors.

19. jae713

jae713 Member

LMA is not a very good fit on this team with how they currently play. He is at his best with his back to the basket and with set plays for him.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Just ignore that dude, he doesn't listen.

I mean when a person says Harrell and Dekker were too high a price for Chris ****ing Paul, you know logic went out the window already. And when he says its better to have just Chris Paul (making a larger salary) than have Chris Paul+Anderson+Nene+Tucker at the same price, dude is either trolling or is just dumb AF.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.