1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Carmelo Anthony to sign with Rockets if buyout reached

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 28, 2017.

1. mockster

mockster Member

He's not even that bad of a defender when he tries. He's ten times better then Anderson on defense just on quickness and speed alone

mario_v likes this.
  2. baubo

baubo Member

I see this a lot. Do Rockets fans really not enjoy just having a top 5 team in the NBA?

I like this a lot more than the 1st round exits back with Yao and T-Mac.
    I like this a lot more than when I watched Francis and Mobley dribble the ball for 20 seconds and hoping that one day they'd stop doing that.
    I like this a lot more than when Pippen came and everything blew up.
    I like this a lot more than perennial .500 teams and every season everyone's pissed that we're on the mediocrity treadmill.
    I like this a lot more than the last Dwight year where I honestly wasn't sure if we could possibly recover after having the whole team quit on the season.

Am I crazy for thinking we're in a pretty damn good place right now?

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

DonKnock and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  5. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Oh man.. I was lukewarm on the Melo talks until i saw this.

Imagine him and Ariza/Gordon feeding off open shots with CP and Harden in DA's system. Epic

DonKnock, Yaosthirdleg and mockster like this.
  6. RyanB

RyanB Member

#wojbomb at any time lol

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

but I thought we already knew that :( that's not exactly breaking news. the issue is would the knicks want to trade him to us?

we all already know that he'd waive the no trade clause for us haha. The ball is in James Dolan and knicks managements court

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Life is short, I've been on 22 journeys since our last ship. We need rings. Should we just wait 22 more years?

kwakmeister likes this.
  9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I don't think you really got what I was saying. Nobody is saying wait.We all want Melo. We all want championships and hope that it happens. Everybody is gonna try their best. Nobody is saying that we should be content with losing or stop trying to win the chip.

My whole point was that the alternative to not becoming a super team is to "bust". If we don't get Melo then we should still watch every game, enjoy it for what they are, and hope that we win the chip. We still have a chance even without Melo.

If we don't get Melo are you gonna stop enjoying rockets victories, lose all hope in the championship pursuit, not enjoy cp3 and harden's talents, and stop caring about basketball?

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the Knicks hire Griffin you have to think he trades him to Houston just to spite the Cavs, right? Not like they are getting much from either team anyways.

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No. I will still watch every game the rockets play. I get what u r saying and applaud your non jaded perspective. I however am jaded and need a championship.

Yaosthirdleg and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

13. threepointshot3

Van Gundy loves this guy from his Orlando days
    Damn he just scores from all over the floor.

14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

With the likes of JH / CP / Melo, plus the rest of our squad, and they're all locked in and gelling, we can win it all.

It can also end up in flames and utter disaster if there are personality clashes or some other problem.

Exciting times ahead if we somehow get Melo...

Wapzoe, Yaosthirdleg and Tfor3 like this.
  15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If Melo goes to Cavs it will be like LBJ saying look "u obviously can't win a ship on your own so come play with me - I brought one home here for Cleveland and you can help me win another and you'll get a ring too."

If Melo comes to Houston he can do it without the help of the #1 pick in '03 draft vs Carmelo at # 3.

16. goldoil

goldoil Member

More rumors and yet nothing is happening.

If this keeps up, the Rockets won't come anywhere near a championship in the next few years.

17. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

I can understand any Rockets fan feeling down after the way we exited the playoffs. Especially considering the way Harden folded and disappeared. It was a pretty rough way to end a season.

I get it. I was there too. Disheartened and distraught. I pour so much of my free time into following this team and trying to watch absolutely every game of the summer league, preseason, regular season and post season. I have barely missed a handful of games over the last few seasons. That's a lot of time and dedication. And it's a whole lot of fun. But, the way we lost this season just sapped all of my excitement. I was sickened.

And then, on top of our terrible end, you watch the Warriors completely run-through every team that got in front of them all season long, all the way to the NBA finals. Brutalizing every team they encountered and taking the championship with little competition. You see dominance like that, and you just can't help but to think: what's the point? What is the point if there is barely a glimmer of hope to even win a title?

But then, after given some time to get over our season's ending, I started to to feel better. I got excited for the draft, and for any improvements that could be made to our roster. I just love the NBA so much, and the free-agency signing period is so fun ... I was right back into full NBA mode. And then, right before the free-agency signing period begins, holy ****, we make a deal for arguably the best point guard to ever play the game. And he wanted to come play here, with Harden. He sees potential here.

If that doesn't make you hopeful for, at the very least, a fun and interesting season, I do not know what will.

Championships are hard to come by. I think watching playoff basketball is some of the most intense and exciting fun that can be had in the entire world of sports. So, if my team can at least make the playoffs, and at least get out of the first round, I can't help to at least feel a little pleased. I work with a die-hard Mavs fan... how much fun do you think that guy has been having lately? Yeah, he's pretty bummed.

If Chris and James gel well and the entire team produces good chemistry, we are going to be a very fun team to watch and one of the top teams in the NBA. Enjoy having two superstars and being able to compete in the postseason. Savor it, because being competitive in this league is something that can go away extremely fast.

Appreciate what we have going on right now, and be excited for the possibility of what more could be added. Or hey, be negative constantly. Whatever. But, I'll be with the cool kids, completely psyched that we have James Harden and Chris Paul in their prime.

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Don't forget all those Chris Paul rumors

DonKnock and Tfor3 like this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Definitely not. Watch the last game we played the Knicks. Anderson made a fool of him.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I wonder what is underlying this report, which seems to reveal nothing new.

Maybe what happened is Melo was personally down for Houston but his final was not on board? Or is this Morey feeding Woj again to put pressure on the Knicks? I've long suspected Morey and Woj have a beneficial news relationship. Not a bad friend to have.