1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Nov 15, 2013.

1. PatBev

PatBev Member

I feel you I don't really want lebron her. I think skill wise Melo is a lot nastier of a player than Millsap and with super teams I think being able to handle your own is better than Millsap

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'll be keeping my eye out for Kelvin, Taylor, Griffin, Fanchise and old man Cat.

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If I were picky, I'd agree, but I'll take whatever I can get with Houston sports.

Besides, would you seriously turn down the chance to land the undisputed best nba player for the last decade?

davidio840 likes this.
  4. jman255

jman255 Member

[QUOTE="Jayzers_100, post: 11178773, member: 56062"%5it means we have to add Lebron to do so. Sorry, it just wouldn't be fun. I would literally take anyone besides KD, Lebron, and Westbrook (not that Westbrook would help anyway). I'm a realist when it comes to acquiring talent..bring on Melo/Milsap for a super team, but something about adding Lebron for his legacy run makes me think of an asterick to our 'chip[/QUOTE]
    Lebron coming to Houston would make the Rockets one of the most exciting teams of all times....

5. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Not buying the banana boat dream. Milsap is better than Anthony, and would make this team much better than Anthony would. He brings defense and rebounding. He'd be our Draymond Green-type.

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

**** Draymond Green

Whose is our KD-type?

#366 PatBev, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    gatsby and don grahamleone like this.
  7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Yes, I would haha. It may sound silly but I don't want to be a stop on Lebron's ring chasing tour. I want us to be the team that beats GS or Cleveland, not the team that acquires their players. We're accumulating assets that haven't won rings yet (CP3, potentially melo or Millsap) and that's mroe meaningful to me

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  8. PatBev

PatBev Member

Well if we get Millsap and allow Melo to the cavs there is a 0% chance of winning it all. Part of having Melo is to get better but also not to allow the cavs to get him. It really is a arms race for the biggest guns

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

I miss Doc and the riddles. Wish he would come back to the bbs.

gatsby, don grahamleone, kgw and 3 others like this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yes, some people who don't respect the forum or it's history kept calling him a fake and he got tired of it, and left. They ruined it for the rest of us. Doc Rocket's posts were fun. And he had earned plenty of credibility over the years. douchebag newbies

saleem, gatsby, Yaosthirdleg and 10 others like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Truth be told, I want that too, but...

There's been too many heartbreak over the years for me to not pass on the chance of moving beyond the wcf.

The trend with super teams is that it's a positive loop. With a guy like LeBron, it's easier to parlay a bench spot with a great vet like nene who has a lot to add and for a discount

When in Rome, do as... Until the next cba.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Are people 100% sure he's the real Doc Rocket?

13. mightybosstone

Except Millsap is nothing like Draymond Green. Green is one of the 2-3 best all-around defenders in the league. He can defend any position at an elite level. And on top of that, he's an excellent playmaker offensively. Millsap is a solid all-around, jack of all trades guy, but he's no Draymond Green. And if they can't get a Draymond type, I'd rather them get another elite scorer and a guy who can play a legitimate stretch 4 position, which Melo can do.

14. mockster

mockster Member

Idk why doc left, haters gonna hate. People still hate on cyberx and codman to this day

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'm torn on this question. On the one hand, i think Milsap brings the versatility, defense and toughness we need; plus he's got an outside game. On the other hand, Melo's scoring ability would probably vault us into another stratosphere.

I honestly think the answer is ...which ever deal can get done without giving up Capela, Gordon or Ariza. Our team would be greatly improved with either Melo or Milsap. I guess i just like Milsap's attitude and toughness a little better for a playoff run.

Vivi likes this.
  16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You guys are nuts- if you can add Milsap, Melo, or Lebron without losing Harden, or Paul, you do it. Everybody else is replaceable.

17. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I feel the same way. People would think of it as Lebron's championship. We'd be considered incidental. Even as a Rockets fan it would be hard to disagree.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. mightybosstone

So, if were talking about either of these guys in a vacuum, I might give Millsap the slightest of edges for his versatility, rebounding and defense. However, I sometimes think having as many scoring weapons as possible is more valuable in the playoffs than versatility. Imagine a world where James could have the kind of game he had in Game 6 against the Spurs and it wouldn't matter because he has two other guys putting up 20-25 every single night. But even then, as players on this team, I'd slightly prefer Millsap.

But we're not in a vacuum. And the scenario in front of us involves probably giving Millsap a potentially huge, possibly crippling contract over the next 3-4 years. OR we can take on one year of Melo at a high number with a chance to re-sign him next offseason, let him go, or (in a perfect world) use him and his recruiting skills to attract Lebron. Locking in Millsap means that is going to be the Rockets No. 3 guy moving forward, pretty much until he runs out of gas, and the trio of Harden/Paul/Millsap had better be damn good. But adding Melo gives them so much more flexibility moving forward. If this works out, and the trio like playing together, than maybe Paul and Melo even take discounts to add more Team USA guys.

topfive and Aruba77 like this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Listening to Ben DuBose' podcast. He seems to think these lower paid free agents will all be signed after the big dawgs find a home. He thinks Ryan Anderson's value will go up once the big dawgs are done and we'll move him then. Could be a long, entertaining offseason.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lol Melo is really only the BIG dawg

I do think once Millsap chooses a home, Andersons value will immediately go up for team who was looking for that stretch 4 Millsap type