1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Zhou Qi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 1, 2017.

1. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

NotYourAverageZhou

2. theangrycanary

this. he's purely a trade chip. since we're in 'win now'

but could you imagine if we somehow included this guy in a trade for carmelo?

kristaps and this guy on the same team. Two, seven foot two, three point shooting guys on one team. I'd like to see that. they'd never win but it would be interesting to watch.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

they signed him to get him stateside and stuff his face full of Killen's BBQ and Pappasitos

[​IMG]

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

kjayp likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. mockster

mockster Member

Who knows. Knicks won't take Ryan Anderson straight up for Melo. Capela
    He has a strange frame. His arms are bigger then Durante but the rest of his body is pretty skinny

7. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Edited for a more realistic comparison / ceiling.

I'd be happy if he just bulks up this year and works on his shooting. Not sure if he has all the necessary factors to become an immediate rotational player. With Nene's contract signing up in the air I think he might be coming off the bench to play spot up minutes at the PF/C position but he'll need to be effective in boxing out. Luckily for us both Harden and CP3 rebound pretty well for guards.

douglasreedy1 likes this.
  8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

LMAO then why ever draft players in the 2nd rd? Why ever take fliers on high potential guys? Why try? Lol.

You plan today but always have to have future in mind

douglasreedy1 and skroodup25 like this.
  9. split41

split41 Member

Yeah even the SG's will bully ball him, but the optimist in me remembers people saying Durant was too skinny

macan likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do agree with this. But don't you think it's more important to put better pieces around Chris and James right now? I know the Rockets wouldn't have Qi's rights with a 2 yr contract, but if he is so far away, maybe they could get away with it.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is about to be on Durantula's level.

[​IMG]

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Dudes been working out hard. Needs to focus on core strength so he does not get pushed around.

douglasreedy1 and mockster like this.
  13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think the question is... why bring him over now if he's nowhere near ready to contribute...?
    Answer - les sees potential earnings from foreign markets... nothing to do with making the team better... just trying to make a few more bucks for Les... smh...

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wished we'd sign Gentile........ next.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't know, y'all. No matter how much BBQ and weight training, dude's frame is more Bol or Shawn Bradley than anything else. Just not enough room for meat on those bones. Doubt he ever sees even 8 min a game, avg, unless we go in the tank.

16. BigMaloe

It's gonna be a bare minimum contract. How does that atop us from surrounding James and Chris? Hell be the last player on the roster, which got extended to 16 this year I believe. Bobby Brown will be here as well again and general be developing in the g league.

If he becomes even an average bench contributor he becomes a great value because his bare salary and our apparent to be high combined salary

skroodup25 likes this.
  17. BigMaloe

It very well could be because le$ sees money in it. But so what? He will be an absolute end of bench player, playing in the g league.

It could also very well be that they want him over so they can instill and monitor a diet and weight training program. Along with coaching and practice with legit NBA talent in America rather than overseas on china.

skroodup25 likes this.
  18. Rokman

Rokman Member

More like a vagrant Yao Ming

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

One more reason to watch the Summer League

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you've literally been waiting 18yrs for Joe to come :D